Sign in to follow this  
buyahome

AMEX PFD ALMOST....

Well,

I've just finished dialing "10" 800 numbers and they've all told me the same thing;

- you have to deal with CA.

- you will receive CL equivalent to half of what you paid off, up to a maximum of $5K.

- this is a starter card that will never CLI.

- you need to work the card for 1 year before being able to apply for any other "un-restricted" Amex product.

- TL will start from new card and will not accrue original TL age.

So basically...I'm going to bite the bullet and call CA unless anyone else has anything to add? :lol:

I can tell you that the OASIS offer still works even when the payment goes to their retained thir-party...had a friend that got the program after she was sued by AXP.

The original age issue seems to be something that is different from what others in the program actually report seeing take place. Would not be the first time that a CSR did not always know what another section of the Bank was doing...

Were any of the 10 numbers the same as I have listed?

I'm pretty baffled by their "system"...I've gotten nowhere with any kind of rehabilitation payoff and I'm serious and ready to pay immediately :lol:

My account was charged off ($3000) in 2003. I've had no BK's.

If you have a number\contact that could explain this to me, I'd love to call and talk to them.

I'm pretty baffled by their "system"...I've gotten nowhere with any kind of rehabilitation payoff and I'm serious and ready to pay immediately :rofl:

If you have a number\contact that could explain this to me, I'd love to call and talk to them.

Well they also explained to me that Oasis"Optima" is by invitation :rofl: (by the CA) lolol......so you have to find the last CA that had your account if you really want to speed things up....

I used all 4 numbers that you had and added the following;

Well,

I've just finished dialing "10" 800 numbers and they've all told me the same thing;

- you will receive CL equivalent to half of what you paid off, up to a maximum of $5K.

- you need to work the card for 1 year before being able to apply for any other "un-restricted" Amex product.

So basically...I'm going to bite the bullet and call CA unless anyone else has anything to add? :rofl:

I can tell you that the OASIS offer still works even when the payment goes to their retained thir-party...had a friend that got the program after she was sued by AXP.

The original age issue seems to be something that is different from what others in the program actually report seeing take place. Would not be the first time that a CSR did not always know what another section of the Bank was doing...

hmmmm...I see what you're saying but I'd be going from a Blue to an Optima Card....two completely different products and different CL. But in the end....all that doesn't really matter as much as making good with Amex and then deleting all derogs on my CR.

I'm pretty baffled by their "system"...I've gotten nowhere with any kind of rehabilitation payoff and I'm serious and ready to pay immediately :(

Well they also explained to me that Oasis"Optima" is by invitation ;) (by the CA) lolol......so you have to find the last CA that had your account if you really want to speed things up....

I used all 4 numbers that you had and added the following;

Excellent. I've sent a few emails and am going to attempt to resolve this through the mail. Guess something is bound to work.

I may pick up the phone and try again if I don't hear anything from my email\mail attempts.

I wrote a letter to their corporate\executive offices in NY. I got a call this morning and its looking like I can get in the optima\oasis program. Awaiting a call back from the guys director.

If you can't get a clear answer, the executive offices sure seem to be more informed and helpful than the rest of the clowns I talked to.

Yaay

Just heard back and I'm IN for the Oasis program. They will send me a letter in which I will pay the $2600 in full. Then I will receive an Optima application, which I'll fill out and submit. He claims it will "replace" the defaulted tradeline...guess we will see.

So to anybody looking into the Oasis plan and having problems getting resolution on the phone, I highly recommend a nice letter to the executive offices.

Just heard back and I'm IN for the Oasis program. They will send me a letter in which I will pay the $2600 in full. Then I will receive an Optima application, which I'll fill out and submit. He claims it will "replace" the defaulted tradeline...guess we will see.

So to anybody looking into the Oasis plan and having problems getting resolution on the phone, I highly recommend a nice letter to the executive offices.

Do you have still the contact information (name, address, phone) of who you spoke with in the executive office concerning this matter?

If you happen to live in NY, chargeoffs that are paid in full fall off after 5 years instead of 7.

I live in NY too. Is this only for paid CO’s or unpaid/unsettled CO’s too? Any suggestions as to where can I read up on this statute?

If you happen to live in NY, chargeoffs that are paid in full fall off after 5 years instead of 7.

I live in NY too. Is this only for paid CO’s or unpaid/unsettled CO’s too? Any suggestions as to where can I read up on this statute?

Paid in full chargeoffs, collections and (I think) judgments. Outside of those, the 7 year timeframe still applies and things are pretty much like the rest of the country.

Well,

So basically...I'm going to bite the bullet and call CA unless anyone else has anything to add? :unsure:

Based upon what I've read hear you should probably keep calling. Amex is known to never sell debts so recalling an account from a CA really shouldn't be an issue. That being said, I can't recall Amex doing PFDs so you'd only be giving them the money to prevent an unpaid versus paid CO from reporting.