Sign in to follow this  
buyahome

AMEX PFD ALMOST....

Amex just told me that they are willing to look at my file but needed an account number from either of the CRA's.

I purchased from myfico.com my two reports and these numbers have been hidden. I can't find a contact for live CSR at myfico and the CRA's that I managed to find live rep keep sending me back to the "would you like to order a copy of your report" numbers for the CRA.

Do I now have to purchase a copy of my report from one of the agencies to get this information...? Had I known this I would have dealt directly with them in the beginning....

please advise?

Thanks!

Edited by buyahome

Amex just told me that they are willing to look at my file but needed an account number from either of the CRA's.

I purchased from myfico.com my two reports and these numbers have been hidden. I can't find a contact for live CSR at myfico and the CRA's that I managed to find live rep keep sending me back to the "would you like to order a copy of your report" numbers for the CRA.

Do I now have to purchase a copy of my report from one of the agencies to get this information...? Had I known this I would have dealt directly with them in the beginning....

please advise?

Thanks!

If it has a partial number that will work

You have no old paper credit reports in a file from THE BIG 3

:lol:

Edited by GEORGE

In all likelihood, even having the paper reports won't help since AXP is one of the few companies that takes the pro-active step of scrambling the numbers.

I can't believe that people can't come up with an account number some place

I have receipts and statements back decades

Even for accounts that are totally PIF and CLOSED

BUT THEN I AM AN salamander

:rolleyes:

EVEN IF YOU DON'T SAVE STATEMENTS or RECEIPTS...why would anybody trash a credit report???

:rolleyes:

EVEN IF YOU DON'T SAVE STATEMENTS or RECEIPTS...why would anybody trash a credit report???

I too keep everything....

I have a paper report somewhere that I'll have to find....and I had one recently saved on my desktop that I'm having trouble trying to retrieve... :rolleyes:

BTW this is not the CC account number...this is a unique number from the CRA. (I'm sure you guys know that but I just wanted to make sure I was clear...)

<_<

I too keep everything....

I have a paper report somewhere that I'll have to find....and I had one recently saved on my desktop that I'm having trouble trying to retrieve... :(

BTW this is not the CC account number...this is a unique number from the CRA. (I'm sure you guys know that but I just wanted to make sure I was clear...)

A "REAL" CREDIT CARD NUMBER WILL WORK

AMEX CAN USE A BOGUS CRA NUMBER or THE "REAL" ACCOUNT NUMBER

Edited by GEORGE

ok....found the info I needed by calling EQ @ 1.866.238.8067 pressed #2 to speak about disputes and the CSR was kind enough to give me account numbers for all 3 of the accounts I needed.

called back AMEX credit bureau dept. and robot at the other end kept repeating that CO's have to stay on my CR for 7 years.

I asked the following to her...

Right now, the last letter I recieved was for 70% off and I am offering 100% PIF in exchange for PFD. What you are advising me...is that I am better off waiting for this to fall off of my report after SOL than accept a deal at 100% PIF?

She again repeated that the derog has to stay on for 7 years... :lol:

Should I try another operator or dispute this later after it's paid? I was advised by CA that if I PIF I am "guaranteed" an Optima unless I have another delinquent account with AA or a BK7 which I don't?

I've read here that acquiring more credit is part of the re-building process.

ok....found the info I needed by calling EQ @ 1.866.238.8067 pressed #2 to speak about disputes and the CSR was kind enough to give me account numbers for all 3 of the accounts I needed.

called back AMEX credit bureau dept. and robot at the other end kept repeating that CO's have to stay on my CR for 7 years.

I asked the following to her...

Right now, the last letter I recieved was for 70% off and I am offering 100% PIF in exchange for PFD. What you are advising me...is that I am better off waiting for this to fall off of my report after SOL than accept a deal at 100% PIF?

She again repeated that the derog has to stay on for 7 years... :lol:

Should I try another operator or dispute this later after it's paid? I was advised by CA that if I PIF I am "guaranteed" an Optima unless I have another delinquent account with AA or a BK7 which I don't?

I've read here that acquiring more credit is part of the re-building process.

THEY DON'T WANT TO PUSH OASIS ANY MORE???

That is 100% PIF

Then they give you a new credit card account

I don't mind the PIF....what concerns me is that when trying to purchase a home next September/October this CO from AMEX will severely hurt the outcome and possible decline of the application, even if our FICO's are in the 650's right?

Edited by buyahome

I was also told that they don't send out anything in writing...?

So how do I know I will be guaranteed a new line of credit as they suggest?

Should I keep trying or PIF and try to dispute or GW after the fact? I would really like to see this CO cleared from my CR.

Any helpful replies would be greatly appreciated !

Edited by buyahome

Who told you that they would do a PFD in the first place?

As I know many look at these boards for advice, I should be a little more detailed...

Before I was able to provide account number they were looking for... a CSR at AMEX said they would look at my file to see if it qualified.

I jumped the gun and took it for granted that this was a sign that they could actually do something for me because they were willing to "look at the file". I explained to the first CSR that it was charged off but that I wanted to PIF, was there anything he could do? And he replied "yes but I need the account number".

After providing the account number I was advised that they could only delete if the account was delinquent for no longer than 120 days and that because it was CO it wouldn't qualify.

I am studying PsychDoc's Seminars.

I want to pay this off and re-establish a business relationship with them and have the CO removed from my CR.

AMEX OASIS is a program to pay off the bad debt

Then they issue you a new credit card

Nobody ever said it was a PFD program

People here get rid of ACCURATE "BADDIES" EVERY DAY

AMEX CO'd in June 2007.

I am in FL and I think it's 4-5yrs here as well? Don't quote me I would have to check on that...

Since I would like to buy a house in or around September of 2010 it would still show on my CR.

Interestingly enough I had my wife on that account and it shows a perfect TL that abruptly ends in August of 2007 but with no derogs on her report....wonder if this will awaken something negative for her?

They don't mention "Oasis program" but instead offer an Optima card that starts with a $1500 LC.

And you're 100% right about getting rid of "Accurate Baddies" this is why I want to PIF, get the new card and take care of the baddy after...

AMEX CO'd in June 2007.

I am in FL and I think it's 4-5yrs here as well? Don't quote me I would have to check on that...

Since I would like to buy a house in or around September of 2010 it would still show on my CR.

Interestingly enough I had my wife on that account and it shows a perfect TL that abruptly ends in August of 2007 but with no derogs on her report....wonder if this will awaken something negative for her?

They don't mention "Oasis program" but instead offer an Optima card that starts with a $1500 LC.

And you're 100% right about getting rid of "Accurate Baddies" this is why I want to PIF, get the new card and take care of the baddy after...

Completion of the OASIS program (you won't find it on the AXP website) generally results in a card that is a minimum of $500 or half the old balance that is paid in full. The old negative information used to be removed in exchange for the payment in full with the new tradeline retaining all of the age of the old account. In some respects, it was akin to the manner of reporting in a Rule5000 reaging...

Search for OASIS on this board and you should get some contact numbers for the program...

AMEX CO'd in June 2007.

Completion of the OASIS program (you won't find it on the AXP website) generally results in a card that is a minimum of $500 or half the old balance that is paid in full. The old negative information used to be removed in exchange for the payment in full with the new tradeline retaining all of the age of the old account. In some respects, it was akin to the manner of reporting in a Rule5000 reaging...

Search for OASIS on this board and you should get some contact numbers for the program...

Centex!

Thank You for this detailed description....the Oasis program sounds alot better than what I am being offered. I hope it works with CO's.

I will research this contact info and keep you all informed.

Centex!

Thank You for this detailed description....the Oasis program sounds alot better than what I am being offered. I hope it works with CO's.

The charged-off accounts are what OASIS was basically intended for...it is their attempt to get people to pay what is owed in order to get back into good standing with AXP. In some circumstances (ie. BK), the consumer has to specifically request the program. In other instances, the consumer might receive an invitation to the program.

Well after calling AMEX, i'm more confused than ever :unsure: I have a $2624 debt that is due to fall off in 2010. I need to make good with AMEX regardless, but would like the idea of having a replacement card to prove myself with.

I called 888-232-3261 and inquired about my charged off account. She forwarded me to another department. At the other department, she asked for my SSN and found my account. She forwarded me to the Credit Reporting something department. Awesome.

So I inquire again with her. She tells me about the account and when its scheduled to fall off. I ask her about programs that might let me resolve the issue such as Oasys, Recovery, or similar. She says she will forward me to the "Cares" program at 800-592-1160. Great. So, the cares guy says I need to call 877-832-8325.

At that point, I hang up. Is the 888-232-3261 number correct? Or someone else?

Tried the 888-232-3261 number as well. Which was sent to 800-528-4800. That one was sent to 877-832-8325.

I give up :rofl:

The numbers may very well change from time to time...but if you wanted to truly attempt to follow through, it sounds as though you had a grand total of one more call to have made.

The numbers may very well change from time to time...but if you wanted to truly attempt to follow through, it sounds as though you had a grand total of one more call to have made.

Which call didn't I make? Is there another number I should be using?

Centex!

Thank You for this detailed description....the Oasis program sounds a lot better than what I am being offered. I hope it works with CO's.

The charged-off accounts are what OASIS was basically intended for...it is their attempt to get people to pay what is owed in order to get back into good standing with AXP. In some circumstances (ie. BK), the consumer has to specifically request the program. In other instances, the consumer might receive an invitation to the program.

Interesting...

Amex credit department CSR (not Amex Oasis program) told me that I only qualified for a $1500 card if CO was PIF and that the only way I wouldn't qualify was if I had a Bk or another delinquent account with Amex....

I will contact them tomorrow if they're open or on Monday.

Well,

I've just finished dialing "10" 800 numbers and they've all told me the same thing;

- you have to deal with CA.

- you will receive CL equivalent to half of what you paid off, up to a maximum of $5K.

- this is a starter card that will never CLI.

- you need to work the card for 1 year before being able to apply for any other "un-restricted" Amex product.

- TL will start from new card and will not accrue original TL age.

So basically...I'm going to bite the bullet and call CA unless anyone else has anything to add? :(