Sign in to follow this  
Feech

Please explain FICO..

So today I went to MYFICO to get my scores, but I'm very confused about what exactly I'm getting from the website. Are there 3 scores from each bureau? Do I get daily pulls?. I guess I thought there was just one FICO that everyone looked at but I guess not...Can I gett all 3 somewhere else ? I'm confused please help.

there are three different companies that collect and maintain information. Each one has its own FICO score (among many other types of scores).

So when you pulled you saw your FICO score from each of the three companies.

you CR should have been included as well so you can see what is and is not on there.

BTW do you use the discount from the thread on top of the forum?

you can only buy equifax and transunion fico scores. experian doesnt sell fico anymore. you can get equifax fico score from myfico website or equifax website. transunion i believe only sells on myfico website. the only way to get an experian fico score is when you apply for credit and sometimes they may give you your exerian score.

Thats for the quick reply Cleric, yeah I was gonna use the discount thread. When I went to the site it didn't seem to give me a option for all three scores. This was the options that I saw:

2 per year From Equifax

1 total From the bureau of your choice (Equifax or TransUnion)

3 total From the bureau of your choice (Equifax or TransUnion)

4 per year From TransUnion

Where is EX at? and I can only pull this many times from them?

on yeah there is no daily puller fico unless you want to pay $15 a day for each score. equifax has a fico score watch that monitors your score but it doesnt pull your credit score daily...only when its a change in your credit file.

Ok so the score that I get through CCT I know is "fakos" so they mean nothing at all? are they not affiliated with one of the CRA's?

Ok so the score that I get through CCT I know is "fakos" so they mean nothing at all? are they not affiliated with one of the CRA's?

cct is an experian company. the score they give is a fako.

Thats Geronimo that they would give a fake score even though they have access to the real score..

Thats Geronimo that they would give a fake score even though they have access to the real score..

i think they only want you to buy experian fako score....it maybe more profitable than trying to purchase a experian fico.

Feech, only care about EQ, ignore TU, from my knowledge, EQ is pulled far more than TU.

And I only recommend MyFICO because it's the correct fico not a fako.

Feech, I would also recommend ScoreWatch for EQ. You get usually weekly updates on your score and two "complete" pulls a year. I just signed up for it so I haven't gotten any updates yet, but from what I understand you should get updates around once a week or sometimes 8 business days. I'm happy with 3 FICO updates a month.

Would it HELP you pay your bills "IF" you got a real one vs a fake one???

I never got one...but I still pay every bill on time

EXPERIAN IS JUST REAL SPECIAL

They make HARD INQUIRES report for 25 months instead of the 24 months that EQ and TU use

Feech, only care about EQ, ignore TU, from my knowledge, EQ is pulled far more than TU.

Many lenders pull TU. I would not ignore my TU report.

Many lenders pull TU. I would not ignore my TU report.

Don't ignore your report, but the score from MyFICO and TransunionCS is outdated.

Is it at all possible to obtain

real fico score from real estate

broker or car dealer ?

generally it would be a violation of the contract for a lender to reveal the score to the consumer. that said, I've had my scores revealed to me by many lenders.

Is it at all possible to obtain

real fico score from real estate

broker or car dealer ?

Only if they let you have a copy

They really are not allowed to give you a copy

(CRA POLICY)

THE CRA's WANT YOU TO PAY FOR ONE...NOT GET IT FOR FREE

(not that all those HARDS are not a "COST")

A CAR REPORT and SCORE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN A MORTGAGE REPORT and SCORE

...and it really doesn't say you will be APPROVED or DENIED for a credit card based on those credit reports and scores

Edited by GEORGE

Thanks everyone for the help..They ought to give you your FICO's once a year too for free..

Thanks everyone for the help..They ought to give you your FICO's once a year too for free..

They are in it for the MONEY

They are in it for the MONEY

And you are in it for the STEAK...!!

some of us are in it to see progress as we improve our credit. people who claim to have never had a derogatory account think they can afford to ignore FICO and bash those of us who choose to spend our OWN money as we see fit. FICO POLICE!!!