Sign in to follow this  
cardcardinsider

ADA Credit Card and Associated Bank Credit Card

Only about a combined 14K accounts will be retained by Citi because they are not able to be sold due to the terms of the sale and they will all be closed effective 10/31/09.

The asset sale will be completed 9/30, but Citi will continue to service the accounts for the next 6-9 months while US Bank prepares their system for the migration of the account to their system.

That's just the plain jane Associated Bank CC and ADA, right? Not the entire associated bank line (hilton etc).

That's just the plain jane Associated Bank CC and ADA, right? Not the entire associated bank line (hilton etc).

There is no relation between Hilton and Associated Bank. Hilton accounts are issued through Citibank through a partnership with Hilton not Associated Bank.

ADA is the American Dental Accounts that were ever so popular on this board several months ago.

As far as BTs go. I don't have any more information than what I posted.

Notifications will most likely be sent in the next 3-6 of months, but would be sent by US Bank...not Citi.

Any clue which accts are getting closed? I got the card back in April and never used it. Earlier this week I requested a new card. Maybe I need to use it a couple times before the change.

Well, that stinks. USBank will not show me any love. On the other hand, this is a foot in the door. Guess we will see how this plays out. :glare:

Thanks for the info!

This may be good news for two reasons:

1) It gives some of us a "foot in the door" with US Bank

2) It may help those of us with "sufficient credit based upon income" based upon Citi's underwriting standards in requesting CLIs.

Only question is, will the latter still be cause for denial of CLIs 9/30 OR when US fully assimilates the accounts?

Edited by aeonchronicler

There is no relation between Hilton and Associated Bank. Hilton accounts are issued through Citibank through a partnership with Hilton not Associated Bank.

it reports as Assoc/Citi. the card says issued by associated. (so does my keybank card)

it reports as Assoc/Citi. the card says issued by associated. (so does my keybank card)

Associated Bank http://www.associatedbankmn.com/

Hilton accounts were purchased when Citi bought out The Associates this happened in 2000.

While the company names are similar...they are different.

Any clue which accts are getting closed? I got the card back in April and never used it. Earlier this week I requested a new card. Maybe I need to use it a couple times before the change.

Nope...However, I would assume accounts that are charged-off and on payment arrangements.

These cards did have high write-offs so the number of accounts not going over jives with the write-off percentage of these account types.

Yes they are due in full 10.31

Any effect on current BT's they are being paid on?

Not True.

I doubt BTs will be expiring. I would count on the terms remaining the same on BTs as they have been the same in the past with sales to Bank of America and Chase.

Cardcardinsider an off topic question, what citi card has a better chance of being approved in this credit climate?

Are you saying that existing BT terms will not change or that cards with outstanding BT Offers will not change?

Not True.

I doubt BTs will be expiring. I would count on the terms remaining the same on BTs as they have been the same in the past with sales to Bank of America and Chase.

Well, that stinks. USBank will not show me any love. On the other hand, this is a foot in the door. Guess we will see how this plays out. :angry:

Thanks for the info!

;) mysschevous, you never tried to get in via Bed Baths and Beyonds?

How have tradelines been reported in the past in situations like this? Will the current "Citi" tradeline report closed and a new U.S Bank show up? Will the U.S Bank have the age of the Citi tradeline or will it show up as a new account? Or will the Citi disappear and be replaced with a U.S. Bank tradeline with the same age (my preference). Can you still do a product change of an Associated card to another Citi card or is it too late for that and you are going to go U.S. Bank whether you want to or not?

Are you saying that existing BT terms will not change or that cards with outstanding BT Offers will not change?

Not True.

I've never heard one word about BT rates changing during an asset sale period. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I doubt it would especially sinces it's US Bank.

How have tradelines been reported in the past in situations like this? Will the current "Citi" tradeline report closed and a new U.S Bank show up? Will the U.S Bank have the age of the Citi tradeline or will it show up as a new account? Or will the Citi disappear and be replaced with a U.S. Bank tradeline with the same age (my preference). Can you still do a product change of an Associated card to another Citi card or is it too late for that and you are going to go U.S. Bank whether you want to or not?

In previous sales...The Citi tradeline is completely deleted from the CBR. How US Bank reports it? I don't know. Since the BINS tied to these products are only used for these two products that may mean that Citi would sell the account numbers to Us Bank as well and they may on-board the accounts with exisiting DBMs

Not True.

I've never heard one word about BT rates changing during an asset sale period. I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but I doubt it would especially sinces it's US Bank.

Hey CCInsider,

I am a real newbie to this credit board thing. Heck I don't even know if I am posting properly :wub:

Based on a few of your posts, you appear to be quite knowledgeable about the credit card industry. I am having considerable problems with credit issues. So I was wondering if you would be kind enough to provide some insight.

1) I notice several people talking about hard and soft credit pulls........what are these and what is the difference?

2) People mention that they are constantly reviewing their credit. How do I go about reviewing my credit? .......and does it cost anything to do so?

3) and last but not least.......why do you post your credit cards and limits? I found it quite funny that you have a Hooters credit card. Do you get a tight t-shirt for so many purchases?? :)

I am not sure if there is a Hooters in Sioux Falls but you can make a trip up I-29 to Fargo to partake in the Hooters wing and beer club with me!! :mellow:

Thanks for your time

BlackJack