FNBO DENIED, WTF...ICS Credit Bureau???

mysticspirit25

The last post in this topic was posted 4509 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I applied for a First National Bank of Omaha credit card with a 740 FICO score on Equifax, that is who they pulled according to my Equifax daily monitor. I had ZERO inquiries on my file.

I get a letter of AA today in the mail and it says:

"Your request did not meet our credit standards due to the following:"

EXCESSIVE CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY INQUIRIES

WTF, there were ZERO in Equifax,

BUT...here is the kicker...they said they did not pull EQ, they said to contact:

ICS- Consumer Inquiries Advanced Resolution Services

6111 Oak Tree Blvd

Suite 400

Independence OH 44131

800-392-8911

Are they a new credit bureau? Never heard of them, I am gonna call FNBO tomorrow and ask a supervisor review the file b/c this is ridiculous.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what i found after a Search. They dont appear to be a CRA.

http://www.fatwallet(DOT)com/forums/finance/854501

Established in 1989, ICS is a nationwide database that contains bankruptcy, and bankcard application activity, fraud, and questionable data information.

ICS is not a credit bureau but is subject to the same laws like the FCRA and FACTA.

Contact the ICS consumer office, Advanced Resolution Services, at 1-800-392-8911 to place a fraud alert on ICS and request a copy of their ICS consumer report

Apps will be tracked there. It matters not that someone bumps off all inquiries from the credit bureaus. ICS is the counter-attack to bumpage, even if that is not why it was created.

HOW many applications have you made in the past 12 and 24 months?

I applied for a First National Bank of Omaha credit card with a 740 FICO score on Equifax, that is who they pulled according to my Equifax daily monitor. I had ZERO inquiries on my file.

I get a letter of AA today in the mail and it says:

"Your request did not meet our credit standards due to the following:"

EXCESSIVE CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY INQUIRIES

WTF, there were ZERO in Equifax,

BUT...here is the kicker...they said they did not pull EQ, they said to contact:

ICS- Consumer Inquiries Advanced Resolution Services

6111 Oak Tree Blvd

Suite 400

Independence OH 44131

800-392-8911

Are they a new credit bureau? Never heard of them, I am gonna call FNBO tomorrow and ask a supervisor review the file b/c this is ridiculous.

https://www.visaicsdirect.com/faq.html

THIS IS ONE OF THE DOWN-SIDES OF "B"

:lol:

2. If I already use a credit bureau, why do I need ICS?

ICS is not a credit bureau.

================================================

WE GET TO COLLECT THE GARBAGE...we don't have to be accurate

We don't have to correct anything

We don't let you opt-out or freeze

EFX may not be who they based their decision on even though they used EFX in the process, and they provided you with the contact information for WHO DID provide the information they based the decision on.

FNBO has been a tough nut to crack for a LONG time (even back in the days before internet applications existed)...

so how do I get the inq's deleted from ICS? I do have a police and fraud report for many applications for credit which were not mine, they have to comply and delete within 4 days if they are a CRA. Does anybody have a backdoor approval number for FNBO??? I can explain that many of the "inquiries" at ICS were fraudulent which is why they don't show up on EQ, or the other bureaus for that matter and provide a copy of my police report substantiating ID theft.

EFX may not be who they based their decision on even though they used EFX in the process, and they provided you with the contact information for WHO DID provide the information they based the decision on.

FNBO has been a tough nut to crack for a LONG time (even back in the days before internet applications existed)...

Yes, there was an inquiry from FNBO on EQ the day I applied, they took 7 days to deny my app.

Another hater? If they are using ics to deny or approve credit, would it then fall under law?

Yes and no...but what are you going to do? Dispute that you ever MADE application with the various banks? If so, prepare to lose your accounts that were opened as a result of those disputed applications.

Banks are on to the whole bumpage nonsense and are working on finding viable workarounds. ICS is NOT a new tool at their disposal. The ones that seem to be the most likely to use it are the ones noted for manual underwriting (like FNBO).

Yes, there was an inquiry from FNBO on EQ the day I applied, they took 7 days to deny my app.

:huh:

A lender has to pay money into ICS for every alert they get from that system.

That's not that dissimilar from PenFed... open a share account, apply for a card, get denied, let the $100 accrue some interest, send some CSR emails asking questions, then call and ask for the share account to be closed and your money back. All in all that denial costs the CU $10 if you include postage, interest and wasted employee time.

I would like to see the OP try to obtain a copy of the data ICS has and bombard them with letters--just to see what comes of it. But I'd be careful. If VISA flags your whole SSN as being bad, that could spell a wave of closures if you carry a lot of Visa cards.

I was reading in the other thread that you can freeze it, Has anyone tried? I am going to call to get my report, then I will try to freeze it (if I can).

some issuers will simply deny you if you deny them access to a report. others might pull a different CRA.

:lol: They probably did check on deleted INQ. to see if you did get deletions esp. if you have fairly new accts. If you are requesting inq.'s to be deleted that raises flags with future lenders as well as they can still see this from these companies who follow inquiries.

The last post in this topic was posted 4509 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.