Sign in to follow this  
ansky0007

Broke down and gave in to D&B

Previously purchased the standard credit builder for $329 - 20% coupon = $265 or so... MY file was not building quick enough and I had some vendors with high balances and limits that dont report. They gave me an offer for $400 to upgrade to the $900 package which includes manual trade references and access to DNBi for complete access to my entire reports for a year.

Was worth it... Within a day they added 1 $15,000 Trade, 1 $10,000 Trade and another $5000 trade. Will probably also add Business Marketing Services to get that $7500 also reported.

Still have no D&B Score but I dont want to add financials yet... Its a pain and we usually only do a complete snapshop at the end of the year. Hopefully we will get a score soon without financials or we will have to wait till the end of the next quarter to do an inventory and get a financial statement made.

I have been seriously considering buying the mid level service, with 6 reported TLs. I don't have a lot of vendor credit, because a lot of my business is cash but the few I do have, I would like to be reflected on my report.

I have been seriously considering buying the mid level service, with 6 reported TLs. I don't have a lot of vendor credit, because a lot of my business is cash but the few I do have, I would like to be reflected on my report.

Same with me I have a few accounts that I want to add in to my report. I currently have 2 TL right now 1 7500 (GEMB) and 1 1000 (Lowes).

There is the one that costs $300 which does NOT allow you to add TLs. There is one that costs $500 that allows you to add 6 TLs, and one that costs $800 to add unlimited TLs for six months.

They are constantly giving 'discounts' and offering 'promotions' so the prices change a LOT. You should always be able to get at a minimum 20% off when talking with a phone rep.

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could have given ME your money and I could have done the same thing!!!!!!!

Edited by gdtobefree

How would you add our trade lines that don't report?

I pretty much run my business on cash. I buy cash/cod, and a sell cash/cod. Just now have I starting using credit to grow. My main vendor is only a little larger than me, and has no intentions of reporting to D&B. Nor do any of my other vendors. Can you add them for me? If you can, I have a check for $500 with your name on it (seriously).

The credit builder programs make no sense if you don't already have your business established and have larger TLs to add. My highest trade line would be around $2500, so spending $500 a the moment to have it report doesn't make much sense. Once I have a $10k, or even $20k I would definitely consider it something to invest in. I just never used credit, I have been somewhat lucky going into this credit crunch with no exposure to credit.

I would almost consider it a blessing in disguise. If I had gone out and used credit/issued credit I don't think I would be able to run my business right now.

How would you add our trade lines that don't report?

I pretty much run my business on cash. I buy cash/cod, and a sell cash/cod. Just now have I starting using credit to grow. My main vendor is only a little larger than me, and has no intentions of reporting to D&B. Nor do any of my other vendors. Can you add them for me? If you can, I have a check for $500 with your name on it (seriously).

The credit builder programs make no sense if you don't already have your business established and have larger TLs to add. My highest trade line would be around $2500, so spending $500 a the moment to have it report doesn't make much sense. Once I have a $10k, or even $20k I would definitely consider it something to invest in. I just never used credit, I have been somewhat lucky going into this credit crunch with no exposure to credit.

I would almost consider it a blessing in disguise. If I had gone out and used credit/issued credit I don't think I would be able to run my business right now.

if you have a tl for 10K or 20K they company wont report it? is it the same vendor you said was only a bit larger than you???

Is there any reason a large company that reports to DnB regularly would choose not to report a certain clients account (taking into account they have the clients duns #)?

My highest vendor line of credit at the moment is $2500, I was just saying with that TL it wold be a waste for me to spend $500 to have it reported. They don't report, as don't probably 90% of companies that issue trade credit.

Some companies will report a portion of their clients accounts at different times. For example, they might divide their client database into quarters, and then report a different quarter, every 3 months, so all accounts get reported once a year. Also, some companies might have incorrect information on your business so they are unable to report the data to D&B. There are a bunch of different scenarios that might result in your account not being reported, but for the most part if a business reports one account, they will eventually report them all.

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now is being ugly like that really necessary?

For a new business, using Credit Builder probably is a waste of money, if you don't have large tradelines to report. However, for those more estalished companies that have large tradelines with companies that do not report to D&B, it can make sense under the right circumstances.

If you search my previous posts, you'll see I purchased it myself... needed to add 2 $10,000 tradelines, a $7,500 line, and a few others that were all over $2k. I would have never gotten those listed on my file any other way (as they DO NOT report).

And, since getting those added, I now have Key $7,500, Home Depot $5,000, IKEA $5,000. I would have never gotten those any other way. And even better, while KB and HD require a PG, I was able to give them my PG w/out them running my personal credit due to my biz credit file being so good.

So for my business, it made total total sense to make that investment, as it helped take me up to the next level in biz credit.

When I jumped on the Dnb site for my first time a few weeks ago, I remember seeing a product on there for 9.95 or a price in that ballpark, however, when I go on there now, I cannot find that, maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot, but does anyone have the name of that product? I'm fairly new to this whole thing, and alotta times the information gets a bit overwhelming..

SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now is being ugly like that really necessary?

For a new business, using Credit Builder probably is a waste of money, if you don't have large tradelines to report. However, for those more estalished companies that have large tradelines with companies that do not report to D&B, it can make sense under the right circumstances.

If you search my previous posts, you'll see I purchased it myself... needed to add 2 $10,000 tradelines, a $7,500 line, and a few others that were all over $2k. I would have never gotten those listed on my file any other way (as they DO NOT report).

And, since getting those added, I now have Key $7,500, Home Depot $5,000, IKEA $5,000. I would have never gotten those any other way. And even better, while KB and HD require a PG, I was able to give them my PG w/out them running my personal credit due to my biz credit file being so good.

So for my business, it made total total sense to make that investment, as it helped take me up to the next level in biz credit.

Exactly the reason I did it... Have been in business and dealing with particular vendors a long time and we established some very good references. They do not report and for them it makes sense not to, Why should they pay for something they feel they dont need to and I fully understand that. I asked them all if I had D&B contact them would they give them info on my payment history and they all said they would not have a problem with it so I went for it. Within 24 hours they were contacted and D&B added the history the next day. It was well worth the money to me and a write off at the same time. Also instant access to my full reports via DNBi was a bonus to me and it gives more information than eupdate so I can see exactly why customers can see when they look at your report.