EQ no longer updating phone numbers?

The last post in this topic was posted 4312 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

A couple months ago I applied for the Amazon Store Card (offered by GEMB). Never got a reply, even after several phone calls, so I sent off a CMRRR letter asking for a reply. In the meantime, I've read on here that GEMB routinely denies when they can't corroborate the phone number with EQ. I checked my EQ file and my phone number is not there.

So...I requested they add my phone number and today I received their official reply:

>>> We have reviewed your concerns and our conclusions are:

Pleased be advised that Equifax no longer adds/updates your telephone number on your credit file.

So does this mean I'll never be able to get a GEMB card (yeah, I know...)?

Has anyone tried to add or change their phone number on EQ lately? What was the outcome?

I would think that's a simple request. they can't add a current phone number, but yet they won't delete outdated information or incorrect information.

Is it possible to get one of your creditors that's reporting to Equifax to insert your current number next time they report?

I swear someone needs to start a class action law suit against Equifax.

Also did you write to them that the failure to add current information to your file such as phone number, may and has denied you credit?

Edited by beli
I would think that's a simple request. they can't add a current phone number, but yet they won't delete outdated information or incorrect information.

Is it possible to get one of your creditors that's reporting to Equifax to insert your current number next time they report?

I swear someone needs to start a class action law suit against Equifax.

Also did you write to them that the failure to add current information to your file such as phone number, may and has denied you credit?

I did mention specifically that I was concerned that this may have been the cause of a denial, but without the letter from GEMB I didn't want to make an unverifiable assertion.

I guess I'll have to ask someone to update my record for me.

FWIW, I noticed that my phone number on TU was incomplete (missing the area code). There's no way to update the phone number online (although curiously, there is an option to delete it), so I called in and the CSR told me that they don't store the area code at all!

Pretty strange, eh?

I get all phone numbers deleted from my files.

Hah they finally got "ThugMotivation" shut down. This was the dude who was shown on NBC or ABC I think it was telling a military spouse that he was going to get her husband kicked out of the service and send a cop to their house.

The last post in this topic was posted 4312 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.