Sign in to follow this  
bellrock

Strategy Question for Bob Wang, Yedgy and Other B* Gurus

which of these services, will allow me to pull ALL 3 daily... for the price im paying a month? I know some of them allows 1 to be pulled daily for no extra cost, but the other 2 will cost an extra amount of $$$

I just signed up for NCIDP yesterday, and it appears it's only an every 30 day puller. Logged in this morning, wouldn't give me the option to order new report. Looked over the faq, found it says "Identity Protect members are entitled to receive a new credit report every 30 days at no additional charge. "

I just signed up for NCIDP yesterday, and it appears it's only an every 30 day puller. Logged in this morning, wouldn't give me the option to order new report. Looked over the faq, found it says "Identity Protect members are entitled to receive a new credit report every 30 days at no additional charge. "

Dang! :)

Dang! ;)

so, as a follow-up, I've been using CS and CCT everyday since June 10th, and on TU my inqs have dropped from 17 to 12. I guess that i just keep chugging along and they will continue to fall off. Once I get them down to 0, and then pull TU is it another 30 day process to get rid of the new ones or do they get swept away with the old ones ?( because of lack of space on TUs database or whatever ?) Thanks

Once I get them down to 0, and then pull TU is it another 30 day process to get rid of the new ones or do they get swept away with the old ones ?( because of lack of space on TUs database or whatever ?) Thanks

br:

In my experience, once I've gotten Eq and TU down to 0, a new app spree resets the counter, and it takes 60, 90-120 for TU and Equifax respectively.

Bob

Once I get them down to 0, and then pull TU is it another 30 day process to get rid of the new ones or do they get swept away with the old ones ?( because of lack of space on TUs database or whatever ?) Thanks

br:

In my experience, once I've gotten Eq and TU down to 0, a new app spree resets the counter, and it takes 60, 90-120 for TU and Equifax respectively.

Bob

Thats interesting. So its sort of like starting from scratch ? Would an unauthorized TU inq in the middle of the 60 also reset the counter and slow the process ?

br:

Bob

Thats interesting. So its sort of like starting from scratch ? Would an unauthorized TU inq in the middle of the 60 also reset the counter and slow the process ?

If by "the process" you mean eliminating ALL inquiries, then yes, it would slow the process because the recent inquiry would stay till you made 60 more pulls after it.

But it won't slow down those that were already there.

The point is that there is only a finite amount of space in the database and the system keeps a list of X most recent pulls.

Once the database is full a new inquiry is put on the top of the list and the inquiry from the bottom of the list falls off.

Therefore a new inquiry will not "reset the counter" for old inquiries, but each inquiry has its own counter, and you must do X more pulls before it gets to the bottom of the list and falls off.

Disclaimer: These are just my ideas about b* and I might be wrong.

Edited by refskuska

br:

Bob

If by "the process" you mean eliminating ALL inquiries, then yes, it would slow the process because the recent inquiry would stay till you made 60 more pulls after it.

But it won't slow down those that were already there.

The point is that there is only a finite amount of space in the database and the system keeps a list of X most recent pulls.

Once the database is full a new inquiry is put on the top of the list and the inquiry from the bottom of the list falls off.

Therefore a new inquiry will not "reset the counter" for old inquiries, but each inquiry has its own counter, and you must do X more pulls before it gets to the bottom of the list and falls off.

Disclaimer: These are just my ideas about b* and I might be wrong.

That explains it nicely, and matches my experience so far. When you pull daily and start to see them fall off, it truly is a thing of beauty.

and the question we hear constantly and will hear a thousand more times.....

no experian b** right? a girl can only hope i already know the answer. just thought id ask just in case someone knew some new information.

bellrock:

If you haven't used Equifax ScoreWatch, you just need to be patient.

Using CS & CCT daily SHOULD start bumping TransUnion inquiries in a month, and Equifax in 45-60 days.

If nothing bumps off in 2 months you are getting chopped.

Bob

Bob,

Ok, so its been a couple of months and TU has been B*ing nicely. Nothing on Eq. So I checked my Eq report online, and under softs, it sure looked like choppage. Basically, it showed the CS and CCT pulls going back a few days, and then, poof, nothing else. Now that I have TU under control how can I aggresively attack the Eq inqs

Bellrock

bellrock:

Using CS & CCT daily SHOULD start bumping TransUnion inquiries in a month, and Equifax in 45-60 days.

Bob

Bob,

Ok, so its been a couple of months and TU has been B*ing nicely. Nothing on Eq. So I checked my Eq report online, and under softs, it sure looked like choppage. Basically, it showed the CS and CCT pulls going back a few days, and then, poof, nothing else. Now that I have TU under control how can I aggresively attack the Eq inqs

Bellrock

Bellrock:

Unfortunately, there may not be anything you can do.

I myself am planning another *b* barrage later this month.

BUT, I have CreditSecure, MyPrivacyMatters and National City ID Protection already.

I will add CreditCheckTotal after I finish my app spree.

Even then, I may, or may not be able to get the magic 120 soft pulls in within a 30 day window.

New members of MPM and NCIDP are not allowed daily pulls.

Just CCT and CS would not be enough to overcome choppage.

Wish I had better news for you.

Bob

bellrock:

Bob

Bob,

Bellrock

Bellrock:

BUT, I have CreditSecure, MyPrivacyMatters and National City ID Protection already.

Even then, I may, or may not be able to get the magic 120 soft pulls in within a 30 day window.

Bob

Bob

As they say "it is what it is". I will now be looking in earnest for new(off the beaten track) daily pullers and obviously will report back any positive findings.

Ok so let me get this straight. I am experiencing C* on EQ because I stupidly signed up for myFico ScoreWatch. Currently I only use CCT to pull daily. So is the best strategy is to continue CCT daily until TU is clear, then, only after I am done with TU, add other services on top of CCT such as NCIDP, CK and MDM to handle EQ correct? That way reinsertions on TU aren't an issue because I will start those services after TU is done?

Do I understand that correctly? And while we're at it, what does MDM stand for? :huh:

I am with myfico scorewatch and I made it through EQ B.

It took 87 pulls (about 1 month and 3 weeks) from CS & CCT for me for 1 to be gone.

When I looked at EQ report when I had to just do a dispute I did noticed a few months

of pulls were not there like TU or EX reports.

I am starting a new batch of 3 to B. I hope I make it this time and Dec. I will

cancel scorewatch and never get it again.

bellrock:

Bob

Bob,

Bellrock

Bellrock:

Bob

Bob

As they say "it is what it is". I will now be looking in earnest for new(off the beaten track) daily pullers and obviously will report back any positive findings.

Good luck, bellrock!

Bob

BobWang,

Does CIDP still allow daily pulls? I was going to sign up with them, but the rep told me over the phone they only allow once a month. Is that just for the first month for new members, or are you still able to pull daily?

BobWang,

Does CIDP still allow daily pulls? I was going to sign up with them, but the rep told me over the phone they only allow once a month. Is that just for the first month for new members, or are you still able to pull daily?

TS:

Old-timers like me can still pull daily.

I suspect that may go away at some point in the future. :rofl:

Bob

Here's some information for those not familiar with all the different CMS.

Feel free to add/correct as needed.

(Acronym) - Name - Issuer - CB - Monthly Cost - Free Trial - Notes - Links

(MFSW) Scorewatch FICO EQ $8.95 fee charged once a year $89.95 https://www.myfico.com/Store/Order.asp?Prod...trialdays=16d30

Credit Expert Experian EX $9.95 http://www.creditexpert.com/

(CS) Credit Secure American Express EX $11.99 along with CCT will bump TU https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/lo...ge=creditsecure

(CCT) Credit Check Total ConsumerInfo (Experian) EX $19.95 7-day along with CCT will bump TU/EQ http://www.creditchecktotal.com

(ATP) CreditSecure American Express EX, EQ, TU $11.99 30-day only for Amex members https://www124.americanexpress.com/cards/lo...c6b51f160ad68af

(IG) Identity Guard Intersections Inc. EX, EQ, TU $14.95 quarterly updates http://www.identityguard.com/ipages/bt3/se...p;spid=23094750

(NCIDP) Identity Protect National City EX, EQ, TU $8.95 along with CCT will bump TU/EQ https://www.idpnc.com/global/scripts/promo....NCBNKROSPAG0004

(IM) Identity Monitoring Citibank EX, EQ, TU $12.95 30-day http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc/07/cs...A714615FF667AD4

(IP) Identity Protect Chase EX, EQ, TU $11.99 https://www.chaseidprotection.com/product_bundle.aspx

(PG) Privacy Guard Trilegiant Corporation EX, EQ, TU $16.99 $1 - 30-day https://www.privacyguard.com/secure/Promo.a...05F353D6217FE33

(SW) Scorewatch Equifax EX, EQ, TU $14.95 http://www.equifax.com/credit-product-list/

(TA) Triple Advantage Experian EX, EQ, TU $14.95 7-day https://experian.experiandirect.com/triplea...&bcd=3btanp

(TC) True Credit TransUnion EX, EQ, TU $14.95 30-day Monthly updates only http://www.truecredit.com/

(CK) Credit Keeper HSBC TU $9.95 potential TU reinsertions https://www.mycreditkeeper.com/?ref=pgHCSHPUSAon02

(MPM) MyPrivacyMatters TU $12.95 30-day http://myprivacymatters.com/(xlueatb13sxvynvocm2omj45)/CDW/

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it seems many of these no longer work from reading various posts and am not sure which to look into.

What other places (the ones above or others), besides CCT (already use it) are good for daily pulls (for new members) targeting EQ B*?

I am currently using CCT, CS, MPM, and USAA-CCMP. I believe it is the only way to B* all EQ and TU by the end of February assuming that C* will occur. If C* does not occur this month, I believe I will be done by the end of the month.

I am currently using CCT, CS, MPM, and USAA-CCMP. I believe it is the only way to B* all EQ and TU by the end of February assuming that C* will occur. If C* does not occur this month, I believe I will be done by the end of the month.

Same line-up for me. Received B* a few weeks ago. EQ has since chopped and I likely won't see B* for another couple of weeks again...

Edited by TrevorHere

Thanks! I checked out USAA, but it says you need to be a member? https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStati...lity_task_entry (and it asks for ssn to become a member of usaa, there's no hard right?)

As for MPM - does that still work? I thought I saw some posts in the past week that said it doesn't. But if it does that's good <_<

I have several amex cards, charge and credit, but then when I go the CS website it says I am not eligible for this product. I guess I gotta call them.

Edited by verdegallardo

Thanks! I checked out USAA, but it says you need to be a member?

Membership is as easy as a 5 minute phone call to them

Ok thanks, I'll call them. One final question, I think I read somewhere that using scorewatch can actually prevent B* on EQ. Is that right?

Edited by verdegallardo

Ok thanks, I'll call them. One final question, I think I read somewhere that using scorewatch can actually prevent B* on EQ. Is that right?

I'm just a newbie. From what I've read here, the concern seems to be that it will cause C*. I just assume C* will occur not matter what I do and plan accordingly.