Sign in to follow this  
JoelDC

$25 credit card minimum - Is this allowed?

Wow, you guys won't believe this. As I mentioned, I work at a restaurant. Tonight a lady handed me the folder with the bill and her payment. She was immersed in her conversation, so I quietly took the folder and went to handle the payment. The folder contained both her driver's license and BOA card. The card was unsigned, no "See ID" or anything. I guess she's used to presenting her ID to people because of her unsigned card. What I can't get over is that she handed me her drivers license simply assuming that I would want to see it. I had her full name, DOB, and address right there along with her CC. :huh:

I thought about saying something to her about it, but I don't think she would have taken me seriously.

...and had you been that 30+ year old cashier I made up the story about that was

going to come to their house for a date with the 15 YEAR OLD HOTTIE............

You insisted that we must know your address :dntknw:

Edited by GEORGE

I don't have any way to get any money out of an ATM

They would take the credit card or COMP THE PURCHASE

Yup...was at a restaurant once...they accepted Visa/MC, but when they tried to run my card, their terminal was broken.

They asked me if I had cash.

I asked them why they couldn't call the authorization in over the phone (I know you can still do that).

The waitress said she didn't know how, and the manager was not there, and asked if I could go to an ATM and get the cash.

I asked her if she still wanted a tip.

I drove to the ATM (only because it was close by) and got the cash.

I paid for THE MEAL.

I had a tip for her, though: LEARN THE PROPER PROCEDURES FOR AUTHORIZING A CREDIT CARD!

I don't have any way to get any money out of an ATM

They would take the credit card or COMP THE PURCHASE

Yup...was at a restaurant once...they accepted Visa/MC, but when they tried to run my card, their terminal was broken.

They asked me if I had cash.

I asked them why they couldn't call the authorization in over the phone (I know you can still do that).

The waitress said she didn't know how, and the manager was not there, and asked if I could go to an ATM and get the cash.

I asked her if she still wanted a tip.

I drove to the ATM (only because it was close by) and got the cash.

I paid for THE MEAL.

I had a tip for her, though: LEARN THE PROPER PROCEDURES FOR AUTHORIZING A CREDIT CARD!

The part in BLUE above is 100% FACT

I have no DEBIT CARD

I have no ATM CARD

I have no PIN# for any credit card

(they may have them...but I don't know what they are)

IF THEY ASK...I DON'T NEED ONE

IF THEY ASSIGN ONE...I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS BECAUSE I DIDN'T READ THE NUMBER...If I actually saw it...I wouldn't remember it 5 years later

It goes grind~grind~grind

Edited by GEORGE

PETE and RE-PETE WERE IN A BOAT

PETE FELL OUT

WHO WAS LEFT

I reported a place yesterday that had a maximum of $1k. They sell campers, riding lawnmowers. "Due to the rising cost of credit card fees."

Wish I had gotten a picture.

I reported a place yesterday that had a maximum of $1k. They sell campers, riding lawnmowers. "Due to the rising cost of credit card fees."

Wish I had gotten a picture.

THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY...

WATER

SEWER

TRASH

ELECTRIC

GAS

PHONE

It all about that credit card fee

PETE and RE-PETE WERE IN A BOAT

PETE FELL OUT

WHO WAS LEFT

Is this in reference to your continuously repetitive and redundant posts?

Did this place with the maximum offer in house credit?

They may have had a 0.00% offer

:)

They may have had a 0.00% offer

:)

They might have given away a free dalmation skin coat with every purchase. :lol:

Not in house, as in issued by them, but they had credit offerings.

Was it 0.00% for like 6 or 12 months???

or

You didn't ask???

or

You didn't ask???

I didn't ask, nor was I interested in buying a camper or tractor.

or

You didn't ask???

I didn't ask, nor was I interested in buying a camper or tractor.

OK...

Any update on getting any kind of refund of the extra money you had to spend because they didn't understand the policy they signed???

Last winter , the wife and I , drove from Boston to Temecula Ca. , then played in Arizona for 4 weeks , spent a few days in Arkansas ( even the State Park Demanded a Drivers Licenses to camp ) . The last places were in a restaurant in Virginia and a convenience store in West Virginia , then clear sailing back to Boston .

Every place We used our cards for Gas , Groceries , or Goodies , they asked for an Id , till We got back to Mass.

Bob

Last winter , the wife and I , drove from Boston to Temecula Ca. , then played in Arizona for 4 weeks , spent a few days in Arkansas ( even the State Park Demanded a Drivers Licenses to camp ) . The last places were in a restaurant in Virginia and a convenience store in West Virginia , then clear sailing back to Boston .

Every place We used our cards for Gas , Groceries , or Goodies , they asked for an Id , till We got back to Mass.

Bob

SLIGHTLY :rolleyes: (you should have made your own NEW POST about your trip)

...and you bent over and spread them

:lol:

THEY CAN ASK TILL THE COWS COME HOME

THEY BACK DOWN...I DON'T

I have the credit card policy in my wallet (in that place some people keep their EXPENSIVE CASH)

The camping deal could be like a HOTEL asking for ID...even for cash customers (WELL MAYBE MORE FOR CASH CUSTOMERS)

(especially the ones who check out after 1 hour)

:D

Nobody asks ME for ID at the gas pump

SLIDE CARD...PUMP...GET RECEIPT...GO

Edited by GEORGE

Most state parks are required to ask for drivers license, it is not really for using a credit card. It so the Cashier knows what to charge the visitors. I know in Indiana, in state resident pay less than out of state residents do.

Edited by webworm98

SLIGHTLY ;) (you should have made your own NEW POST about your trip)

...and you bent over and spread them

:lol:

THEY CAN ASK TILL THE COWS COME HOME

THEY BACK DOWN...I DON'T

I have the credit card policy in my wallet (in that place some people keep their EXPENSIVE CASH)

The camping deal could be like a HOTEL asking for ID...even for cash customers (WELL MAYBE MORE FOR CASH CUSTOMERS)

(especially the ones who check out after 1 hour)

:wub:

Nobody asks ME for ID at the gas pump

SLIDE CARD...PUMP...GET RECEIPT...GO

You got all defensive once when I suggested you cut-and-paste, yet you post the same one-liners over and over and over. Do you really type out the same things every time? Cut-and-paste would actually be more efficient.

Most state parks are required to ask for drivers license, it is not really for using a credit card. It so the Cashier knows what to charge the visitors. I know in Indiana, in state resident pay less than out of state residents do.

At one time DISNEYLAND had a CA only special for "IN" state residents

Don't remember how much of a discount it was...BUT YOU HAD TO PROVE IT

I wonder if they would have taken your card if you made a bigger deal about it...

like take my credit card or nothing... make it loud and clear that you want to pay by credit card and the business wont take it. If they still wont, say call the the cops. Continue to say your willing to pay by your credit card... when the cops come, they slap the business for not taking your credit card and calling them. Cops know this no min law but will think its dumb that the business just didn't take your card but now the business has your name & CC number... sigh.

now if your in some hick down where the business owner knows the cops... well you might spend a night in jail before it gets all sorted out but then you got a lawsuit... depends how far you want to push your luck... ha ha

bottom line, always carry a little cash & places that have mins, vote with your $ and don't do business with them.

Better idea....

Do NOT carry cash and then tell them they can either give you the meal for free or take a credit card.

I was recently asked to provide a photo ID with my Visa credit card and I was bothered by it because i don't waant a cashier looking at all of my personal info on my drivers liscence and then having all of my credit card info too. I called my bank about it and they said that the old signature on the back of the card is not the standard anymore. Merchants now have the right to protect themselves and ask for additional verification beyond the signature on the back of the card.

This is a new world in credit. banks don't care about the merchants they care about protecting themselves against fraud.

Yesterday I got asked for ID and told them it wasn't needed on the signed card and the cashier was OK with that.

If they were NOT okay, then they could lose the $155.96 in sales.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. iliana
      iliana
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    time2getserious
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines