Approved for Amazon Visa!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 4063 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was ordering some books online today through Amazon, and saw the banner at the top of the page, apply for the card and save $30. I figured it was worth the shot, even with a hard pull. I have 3 paid CO's. I clicked the button nervously, and was approved for $1,200, one of my higher limits. They only pulled Experian too, which I have the most inquiries on. The month of May has been very good to me getting increased credit lines and 1 new credit line! I will be forever grateful for finding CB's!

Edited by chabot150

Does anyone have experience with converting the Chase Amazon Visa into a regular Chase card? I was thinking I might convert mine into the regular Chase Freedom. The Amazon reward program is kind of limited.

PS, congrats :D

Edited by greywolf
Does anyone have experience with converting the Chase Amazon Visa into a regular Chase card? I was thinking I might convert mine into the regular Chase Freedom. The Amazon reward program is kind of limited.

PS, congrats :lol:

I was able to convert via secure email. Shouldn't be a problem. I converted to Freedom BTW.

PS, congrats :rofl:

You shouldn't have a problem converting, but I feel the Amazon Visa is one of the better reward cards out there. You get 3% back on Amazon purchases, and they sell just about everything. You also get 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and pharmacies. If you combine that with Amazon Prime, that's a tough card to beat. You can get $50 cash after 5000 points; not too shabby. The annual cap is 60,000 points.

You shouldn't have a problem converting, but I feel the Amazon Visa is one of the better reward cards out there. You get 3% back on Amazon purchases, and they sell just about everything. You also get 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and pharmacies. If you combine that with Amazon Prime, that's a tough card to beat. You can get $50 cash after 5000 points; not too shabby. The annual cap is 60,000 points.

I already reached the max. The rewards program is not bad at all, but the cap at 60,000 is crap. I LOVE amazon prime, I must be their worst customer. I order something from them, it seems like, every week. Free two shipping? Count me in.

My concern is I don't want to trigger a rate jack or a CLD. Should I be worried if I convert, or should I just be happy with what I have?

I already reached the max. The rewards program is not bad at all, but the cap at 60,000 is crap. I LOVE amazon prime, I must be their worst customer. I order something from them, it seems like, every week. Free two shipping? Count me in.

My concern is I don't want to trigger a rate jack or a CLD. Should I be worried if I convert, or should I just be happy with what I have?

The caps on the Freedom are worse, as far as I know, not to speak about the imminent changes to the rewards program. But you probably mean the Freedom Plus then? If that one still exists.

Anyway, I agree with shaft that the Chase Amazon is one of their best cards.

Congrats on the approval! The Amazon Visa is the card that stays in my wallet. Even though it is only a 1,000 limit and a 12.24% APR. Even though I upgraded mine to a better rewards structure (still an Amazon.com Visa), the regualr one is still a solid card. The Chase Freedom isn't so good anymore.

I was told I wasn't able to convert my Amazon VISA

I called on Saturday to convert from Amazon over to the Freedom and was told I couln't also. I sent them an email through their system yesterday and they converted it no problem.

PS, congrats :lol:

Is the same interest rate applied to all customers?

22% interest rate seems very stiff to me...even with all the rewards.

I was ordering some books online today through Amazon, and saw the banner at the top of the page, apply for the card and save $30. I figured it was worth the shot, even with a hard pull. I have 3 paid CO's. I clicked the button nervously, and was approved for $1,200, one of my higher limits. They only pulled Experian too, which I have the most inquiries on. The month of May has been very good to me getting increased credit lines and 1 new credit line! I will be forever grateful for finding CB's!

Congrats!

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I wanted to convert my Amazon Chase Visa Card to Chase Freedom Card. I tried calling the phone number on the back of the card and also sent a message through secure mail. However they say that they are unable to trade my account at present. Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome.

Thanks.

I was told I wasn't able to convert my Amazon VISA

I called on Saturday to convert from Amazon over to the Freedom and was told I couln't also. I sent them an email through their system yesterday and they converted it no problem.

I wanted to convert my Amazon Chase Visa Card to Chase Freedom Card. I tried calling the phone number on the back of the card and also sent a message through secure mail. However they say that they are unable to trade my account at present. Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome.

You can try calling several times to different CSRs and hope someone can help you AND/OR wait a few months and see if they will after new card law...

The last post in this topic was posted 4063 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.