American Express CLD in Nov Reinstate?

The last post in this topic was posted 4507 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Today I asked AE to CLI both my Blue and Business cards after they were both CLD in Oct 08 they said i was eligible after 6 months. So they said it could take a week to 10 days and it will come by mail. Anyone have any luck with them? I just want the card to show under 33% balance to CL so it doesn't kill the Fico.

Today I asked AE to CLI both my Blue and Business cards after they were both CLD in Oct 08 they said i was eligible after 6 months. So they said it could take a week to 10 days and it will come by mail. Anyone have any luck with them? I just want the card to show under 33% balance to CL so it doesn't kill the Fico.

A CLI COMES IN THE MAIL

:dntknw:

I did the same thing you did. I called after 6 months and was denied a CLI. When I talked to the CSR he was very apologetic and stressed that AMEX was doing all of this because of the economy and didn't deny that they were loosing many customers. He just hoped that I would continue to use the card and keep the card open.

I did the same thing you did. I called after 6 months and was denied a CLI. When I talked to the CSR he was very apologetic and stressed that AMEX was doing all of this because of the economy and didn't deny that they were loosing many customers. He just hoped that I would continue to use the card and keep the card open.

I wonder if I could bribe somebody on the INSIDE to get a round number

Like 10,000

Like 100,000

Like more than 1,000,000

And I would be willing to bet very few of the lost accounts had anything to do with late payments or over-limits

"WELCOME TO THE I HAVE BEEN AMEXED CLUB"

Edited by GEORGE

Which card(s) are you carrying the balance on?

The Business AE has a $5000 balance with $5200 CL and the Blue has a $1800 balance with $3800 CL.

It would be nice to get that blue back up to $10K and than I would be set.

The Business AE has a $5000 balance with $5200 CL and the Blue has a $1800 balance with $3800 CL.

Are they balance chasing?

They CLD me in oct and 1 closed the personal cards rather than wait for a CLI. I'm not asking on my biz cards - they aren't chasing balances and haven't set a limit on my charge card. One has a BT for life - it has approx 1200 available now and the other is a PIF - i always have between 500 and 700 available on it. Neither report to personal so i don't care about utility.

I sincerely doubt you'll get the CLI. What's more likely to happen is AMEX will chase your balance to $0.

They're taking aggressive AA against revolvers.

Let us know what happens though, you could always be the deviation from the norm.

The last post in this topic was posted 4507 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.