Sign in to follow this  
Yedgy

To Those Who Have Been "AmExed"...

In 2 or 3 years, once the current storm has blown over, would you reapply for an AmEx card? If so, under what circumstances? If not, is there anything AmEx could do to win you back?

Despite the knocks they've given their customers recently (and the hits they've taken in return on these boards), they're still a prime/ultra-prime CCC, aren't they?

In 2 or 3 years, once the current storm has blown over, would you reapply for an AmEx card? If so, under what circumstances? If not, is there anything AmEx could do to win you back?

they'll win a lot back with bonuses.

Throw in the beenies in the nice looking marketing materials and they will come back. People are too caught up in your credit card is an extension of your self esteem game. A couple of years of poor customer relations cannot undo decades of social and marketing conditioning.

Throw in the beenies in the nice looking marketing materials and they will come back.

People are too caught up in your credit card is an extension of your self esteem game. A couple of years of poor customer relations cannot undo decades of social and marketing conditioning.

:mellow:

...AND SOME WORSHIP EXPENSIVE CASH

...AND SOME WORSHIP THE DANGEROUS DEBIT CARDS

...AND SOME WORSHIP THE F.I.C.O. MONSTER

AMEX was something to strive for

Edited by GEORGE

Despite the knocks they've given their customers recently (and the hits they've taken in return on these boards), they're still a prime/ultra-prime CCC, aren't they?

NO way! What is prime anyway? A merchant that is set up to to take cards will take any card issued by anyone as long as it isn't rejected by the issuer. Prime is a joke interest rates are not. As long as your card has a good rate, who cares who issues it.

AMEX is the Best of the Best. If folks don't want to come back, fine. 94,000,000 cards outstanding......somehow the company will survive...... :offtopic:

They are not winning my business back again.

Not No but H*** NO!

NO way!

I would never get an Amex credit card EVER AGAIN!! :offtopic:

Good bonus offer, boredom and alcohol will get you back in. :grin:

AMEX is the Best of the Best. If folks don't want to come back, fine. 94,000,000 cards outstanding......somehow the company will survive...... :offtopic:

If only they had a rewards card that could compete for my business!

I haven't been "AmExed" yet, so I can't really say.

I was "BoAxed" in half a couple of weeks ago, though, and I didn't take it personally, nor did I close the account. In fact, it's been in my wallet this past week, and getting quite a little workout.

I'm guessing if I do get "AmExed", that I would go back at a later date, if I were looking for a good new card, and they had the one that best fit my needs.

>>Good bonus offer, boredom and alcohol will get you back in<<

Not for me - when I say H*** No I mean exactly that! Haven't bought anything from Firestone in 30 years, haven't bought anything from Big 10 tire in 20 years. Have not had State Farm Insurance in 25 years. Installed new windows in my home twice without buying from Champion in 8 years. Sears, Pennys and a few choice others I have not stepped foot in and will never go back. And that's not counting those that are no longer in business. I don't care if they stay in business or not - just not going to have MY business ever again. There are too many choices and as long as I have choices.....

Absolutely not. They treated me with no respect whatsoever. I have no desire to do business with people who treat their customers like that.

Married

Mate suddenly starts doing odd stuff

Then says "I want out" and drops you like a hot potato

Finds out that the grass is not that green on the other side

Comes back with the "Baby Come Back" song

NOW

Will you take that mate back?

Some will set themselves up for the fall from someone who has screwed them before.

Some will say "Kiss where I twist and I don't mean my wrist."

Married

Mate suddenly starts doing odd stuff

Then says "I want out" and drops you like a hot potato

Finds out that the grass is not that green on the other side

Comes back with the "Baby Come Back" song

NOW

Will you take that mate back?

Some will set themselves up for the fall from someone who has screwed them before.

Some will say "Kiss where I twist and I don't mean my wrist."

I'm married to Amex :rofl: ?

Does she look like this:

847744_b.jpg

I can understand the sentiment. I refuse to et another BAC product after they canceled my 7yr credit card acct 2yrs ago due to an erroneous drop n my FICO score(a ca tattooed my report and it looked like I had 20 outstanding collections). BAC dropped me like a hot potatoe even though I was never late nor over limit. I also lost 48k rewards points with them that they wouldn't let me use. Now if they let me keep the points then I would have maybe had a change of heart but in my eyes that was theft because i earned and paid for those points. The only way I could keep the points was to re-apply for the card which they wouldn't open again when I asked for a recon. BAC was my primary card with Dsc and cap one as back ups.

USAA, Penfed, Citi and AMEX, etc are the recepients of my card usage now.

What good is a $500 limit?

Upto $500 good, and your sock drawer gets a new friend! :)

Been there for months only use it for an iTunes purchase which doesn'r happen often.