Sign in to follow this  
airics

American Express - Unbelievable

I have 15+ Charge cards all except 2 with 0 balance, 1 has a $33 balance, the other $24k (promotion).. the $24k card is a BOA and HAD a $50k limit until BOA lowered it to $26k... 3 Homes with mortgages, 2 rented.. Credit scores all at 750 or better.. so what happens.. American Express closes my 2 cards.. they suck!

I have 15+ Charge cards all except 2 with 0 balance, 1 has a $33 balance, the other $24k (promotion).. the $24k card is a BOA and HAD a $50k limit until BOA lowered it to $26k... 3 Homes with mortgages, 2 rented.. Credit scores all at 750 or better.. so what happens.. American Express closes my 2 cards.. they suck!

CONGRATULATIONS you have been AMEXED

All I got was a 96.1% CLD (3 cards)

Not one day late in 30+ years

MEMBERSHIP HAS IT'S REWARDS (SINCE 1999)

Edited by GEORGE

No truer words have ever been spoken.

3 Homes with mortgages
Maybe this is a red flag to Amex?

At one time a few were denied for RENTING

But not for 3 houses...

The bank owns MOST of the house SECURED DEBT

No truer words have ever been spoken.

People eventually figure this out. One time cheerleaders who argued endlessly here about how the victims "deserved" it because they didn't tell us "the rest of the story" either changed their tune when they got hit or simply disappeared. I expect the current crop of cheerleaders to follow them.

I don't think AMEX loves anything these days, except maybe squeezing a lemon off long time customers.

Are there any cheerleaders left (besides LFTM)?

I haven't been screwed by them...yet...but the only cheerleading squad I'm on at the moment is my CU's.

Was this meant as a joke?

JOKE???

B)

AMEX IS NOT USUALLY AT RISK WHEN PEOPLE HAVE A MORTGAGE IN THE REAL WORLD

JOKE???

B)

Didn’t we get in this mess because of the defaults on mortgages? Am I living in the wrong real world?

JOKE???

B)

Didn’t we get in this mess because of the defaults on mortgages? Am I living in the wrong real world?

I am current on my mortgage

I know NOBODY that is behind on their mortgage

Although I don't usually talk much about mortgages IT IS ALL ABOUT CREDIT CARDS

Edited by GEORGE

Fact is, there is no rhyme or reason for what AmEx is doing. Lots of people own 3 or more houses with mortgages, and their credit is just ducky. Lots of people who pay their bills on time shop at Walmart, go to Vegas, refinance, whatever. AmEx doesn't like any of it. So stop using your credit - AmEx won't like that either. B)

IMO, live your life, keep your head down (don't call CC companies, don't ask for anything), and expect to lose your credit with AmEx, regardless of your excellent record, stable income, high credit score, etc etc. None of it matters.

I'm confused, does OP have a 750 FICO or a 550 FICO like he states in April of this year?

To get bent out of shape when AMEX cuts your lines:

1. after having a brand spanking new 30 day late

2. AA across the board

3. Having 3 reporting mortgages

How could you not expect them to, after reading all the AMEX AA threads on this board?

I'm confused, does OP have a 750 FICO or a 550 FICO like he states in April of this year?

2. AA across the board

How could you not expect them to, after reading all the AMEX AA threads on this board?

MOM and DAD had 7 mortgages at one time (6 were rentals)

(but mom didn't get AMEX till after DAD died of bone marrow cancer)

2. AA across the board

Interesting. OP said a 30 day late dropped his score from 680 to 552. Let's assume he got Barclays to do goodwill on the late. How could his scores go from 680 to over 750 in one month?

2. AA across the board

Interesting. OP said a 30 day late dropped his score from 680 to 552. Let's assume he got Barclays to do goodwill on the late. How could his scores go from 680 to over 750 in one month?

Wife has the 750. (although the two threads don't make a lot of sense either. )

Edited by toopooor