CW/BofA recent home modifications

The last post in this topic was posted 4494 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

In reading other post I see CW has really has done in some people and yet they ARE helping others. We called and asked for a home modification because we were behind in our payments, about two-three months. CW said we qualified to have the modification reviewed, so we sent our financial info over and haven't heard anything. The first CW rep she said it would be close to 60-120 days before we received documentation. The CW representative did say keep calling back and make as much of a payment as we could. I called again 40 days later asking about the progress, CW said yes, moved from modification into 'review.' I of course asked what that means, CW said they are trying to find a way to work things out.

Then I called again a week later because we had sent a payment in, but the check had not been cashed almost two weeks later. CW says, ‘yes, we just go it in today and we will be cashing it in the next couple of days’. The same CW representative proceeds to tell me that ‘you know your modification is not a guarantee right?’ Of course I know nothing guaranteed, but it’s been the first time it’s come up so blatant. Still the check has not been cashed and the irony is that it is a BofA checking account.

My husband thinks they may be trying to screw us over by holding the money and making us even further behind come June. I’m very concerned and hope we don’t arrive home one day with a foreclosure notice on our door.

Has anyone recently try to modify with CW/BofA? Anyone getting payments held for such a long period of time? We also asked if we could pay online like we use to, they since took away the option. No go as long as the account is in review :unsure:

In reading other post I see CW has really has done in some people and yet they ARE helping others. We called and asked for a home modification because we were behind in our payments, about two-three months. CW said we qualified to have the modification reviewed, so we sent our financial info over and haven't heard anything. The first CW rep she said it would be close to 60-120 days before we received documentation. The CW representative did say keep calling back and make as much of a payment as we could. I called again 40 days later asking about the progress, CW said yes, moved from modification into 'review.' I of course asked what that means, CW said they are trying to find a way to work things out.

Then I called again a week later because we had sent a payment in, but the check had not been cashed almost two weeks later. CW says, ‘yes, we just go it in today and we will be cashing it in the next couple of days’. The same CW representative proceeds to tell me that ‘you know your modification is not a guarantee right?’ Of course I know nothing guaranteed, but it’s been the first time it’s come up so blatant. Still the check has not been cashed and the irony is that it is a BofA checking account.

My husband thinks they may be trying to screw us over by holding the money and making us even further behind come June. I’m very concerned and hope we don’t arrive home one day with a foreclosure notice on our door.

Has anyone recently try to modify with CW/BofA? Anyone getting payments held for such a long period of time? We also asked if we could pay online like we use to, they since took away the option. No go as long as the account is in review <_<

I tried several times to do a mod with CW/BofA and never qualified. I'm working on a repayment plan with them but was told I "could" be reviewed later on for a modification. I haven't made any payments so I don't know what to tell you about that. But I can tell you, I am way more behind than 2 months and I haven't seen "any" foreclosure notices,so I wouldn't worry. I just "yesterday" got a notice from the attorney handling it and it just offered me modification plans,etc and said they were working with my lender. I think they are so "backlogged" right now they are moving really slow on the foreclosures.

CW/BofA are also giving me the runaround. Nobody in their offices seems to have a clue about the Making Home Affordable loan modification program. They kept pushing me to their refinancing department.

I have kept detailed phone logs from every time that I have called (who, when, what).

I have worked with a certified HUD housing counselor who insisted that we qualify for the program. I even called Fannie Mae (my note holder) and they confirmed that we qualify and were outraged at how CW/BofA is behaving.

If your loan is held by Fannie Mae I highly recommend you read this: https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/guides/ssg/an...f/2009/0905.pdf

This is what the loan servicers are supposed to be following.

Some key snippets from the above guidelines:

Borrower Solicitation

Servicers are prohibited from soliciting borrowers who are current or less than 30 days delinquent for participation in the HMP. However, if such a borrower contacts the servicer, the servicer may consider the HMP as a viable foreclosure prevention alternative. The servicer must make a determination that the borrower satisfies the imminent default screen prior to sending a firm offer to such a borrower.

As outlined in Servicing Guide Part VII, Section 103: Letters, a servicer must send a loss mitigation solicitation letter to the borrower by no later than the 50th day of delinquency.

For loans that become delinquent on or after June 1, 2009, a servicer must also send the Solicitation Letter for HMP no later then the 50th day of delinquency.

Fannie Mae expects servicers to have adequate staffing, resources and facilities for receiving and processing the HMP documents and any requested information that is submitted by borrowers.

Servicers must have procedures and systems in place to be able to respond to inquiries and complaints about the HMP. Servicers should ensure that such inquiries and complaints are provided fair consideration, and timely and appropriate responses and resolution.

If they break the rules, who do we complain to? Where are the "teeth" in the bill? Is there any enforcement oversight? What are the penalties if the servicer does not follow the lender's guidelines/MHA bill?

CW/BofA are also giving me the runaround. Nobody in their offices seems to have a clue about the Making Home Affordable loan modification program. They kept pushing me to their refinancing department.

I have kept detailed phone logs from every time that I have called (who, when, what).

I have worked with a certified HUD housing counselor who insisted that we qualify for the program. I even called Fannie Mae (my note holder) and they confirmed that we qualify and were outraged at how CW/BofA is behaving.

If your loan is held by Fannie Mae I highly recommend you read this: https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/guides/ssg/an...f/2009/0905.pdf

This is what the loan servicers are supposed to be following.

Some key snippets from the above guidelines:

Borrower Solicitation

Servicers are prohibited from soliciting borrowers who are current or less than 30 days delinquent for participation in the HMP. However, if such a borrower contacts the servicer, the servicer may consider the HMP as a viable foreclosure prevention alternative. The servicer must make a determination that the borrower satisfies the imminent default screen prior to sending a firm offer to such a borrower.

As outlined in Servicing Guide Part VII, Section 103: Letters, a servicer must send a loss mitigation solicitation letter to the borrower by no later than the 50th day of delinquency.

For loans that become delinquent on or after June 1, 2009, a servicer must also send the Solicitation Letter for HMP no later then the 50th day of delinquency.

Fannie Mae expects servicers to have adequate staffing, resources and facilities for receiving and processing the HMP documents and any requested information that is submitted by borrowers.

Servicers must have procedures and systems in place to be able to respond to inquiries and complaints about the HMP. Servicers should ensure that such inquiries and complaints are provided fair consideration, and timely and appropriate responses and resolution.

If they break the rules, who do we complain to? Where are the "teeth" in the bill? Is there any enforcement oversight? What are the penalties if the servicer does not follow the lender's guidelines/MHA bill?

We tried with both CW and BofA and no go, my wife went on bedrest and couldn't work so I called no help whatsoever not even a temporary foreberance.

I'm going to give them another call today and see if I'm able to get anyone there with a brain.

However, I don't expect to get any real answers from them.

My next step is going to be to write to all of the following asking them for help in making CW/BofA adhere to the agreement they entered into with the US govt:

US Department of Treasury

Department of Justice

HUD

FTC

My state's Attorney General

US Attorney General - Eric Holder

FDIC

Fannie Mae - Leslie Peeter, VP

B of A - Steve R. Bailey - Senior VP (this is the guy who signed the agreement with the government)

President Obama

We tried with both CW and BofA and no go, my wife went on bedrest and couldn't work so I called no help whatsoever not even a temporary foreberance.

Have you tried Hope for Homeowners or NACA or giving a call to the local news?

I'm going to give them another call today and see if I'm able to get anyone there with a brain.

My next step is going to be to write to all of the following asking them for help in making CW/BofA adhere to the agreement they entered into with the US govt:

Department of Justice

HUD

FTC

FDIC

B of A - Steve R. Bailey - Senior VP (this is the guy who signed the agreement with the government)

President Obama

OoOoOoO I love your plan. You are very persistent. They will hate to get a call from any of those departments. Sometimes, you got to turn into a full assault to get what you want with CTW/BofA. Maybe you should try contact some of the writers in the "CB gets press!" forum. That'll really light a fire under them.

Apparently Fannie Mae IS paying attention. I had left a message with their complaint division back on 5/7/09.

I received a call back from them today. Here's how the conversation went:

I explained how I had called BofA/CW numerous times in an attempt to be enrolled in the Making Home Affordable Loan Modification program. That Fannie Mae held my note. How BofA either transferred me or hung up on me no less than 13 times in one day. Each time I was transferred it was to their refinance department who wanted money up front and then said we didn't qualify anyways. I explained that I wasn't trying to refi my home but instead to modify the terms under the MHA Modification program.

I told her about the last person, "Maria" with BofA that I spoke with who said that BofA is not doing MHA mods, that the letter of invitation must come from the investor/lender, and that Fannie Mae did not hold my note but BofA did. All of which are outright lies. "Shanelle" with Fannie Mae agreed with me.

She said they definitely hold my note and they have received NUMEROUS complaints about many servicers.

She's forwarding my complaint within Fannie Mae itself to see if there's anything they as the lender can do to modify my loan on their end.

She suggested that I contact the FTC and register a formal complaint against BofA. I had told her that I already had planned to do so.

Gryffindor.

Hi Five! Now everybody with a Fannie Mae loan knows to file a complaint against BofA/CW with the FTC and to contact Fannie Mae directly.

I think I'm gonna call Freddie Mac today,they hold my loan. I too was told several times that I don't qualify for a loan mod. and that I have to come up with $4700.00....which is half of what I am behind,then will enter a repayment plan to make up the other half...paying roughly another $400 a month till it's paid up. I have been corresponding with a rep at BofA thru email pretty regularly,I sent her an update on Tuesday,letting her know that I'm still working on coming up with the $4700,should have it next week,but haven't heard back from her yet. I will defienetely call Freddie Mac today and see what "they" say about me qualifying. Keep you guys posted! ;)

Gryffindor.

Hi Five! Now everybody with a Fannie Mae loan knows to file a complaint against BofA/CW with the FTC and to contact Fannie Mae directly.

I think I'm gonna call Freddie Mac today,they hold my loan. I too was told several times that I don't qualify for a loan mod. and that I have to come up with $4700.00....which is half of what I am behind,then will enter a repayment plan to make up the other half...paying roughly another $400 a month till it's paid up. I have been corresponding with a rep at BofA thru email pretty regularly,I sent her an update on Tuesday,letting her know that I'm still working on coming up with the $4700,should have it next week,but haven't heard back from her yet. I will defienetely call Freddie Mac today and see what "they" say about me qualifying. Keep you guys posted! ;)

That's a very good idea. Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are the "oversight" when it comes to the MHA Refi's/Mods.

Have you pulled their Servicer guidelines in regards to the MHA plans? It should be readily available for you to view through a link on their website.

What the lady I spoke with from Fannie Mae was most concerned about were the "bait and switch" tactics that BofA/CW appears to be doing. They kept trying to get me to enter THEIR programs that require money up front and then feigned ignorance when it came to the MHA programs.

Gryffindor.

I think I'm gonna call Freddie Mac today,they hold my loan. I too was told several times that I don't qualify for a loan mod. and that I have to come up with $4700.00....which is half of what I am behind,then will enter a repayment plan to make up the other half...paying roughly another $400 a month till it's paid up. I have been corresponding with a rep at BofA thru email pretty regularly,I sent her an update on Tuesday,letting her know that I'm still working on coming up with the $4700,should have it next week,but haven't heard back from her yet. I will defienetely call Freddie Mac today and see what "they" say about me qualifying. Keep you guys posted! :ph34r:

That's a very good idea. Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are the "oversight" when it comes to the MHA Refi's/Mods.

Have you pulled their Servicer guidelines in regards to the MHA plans? It should be readily available for you to view through a link on their website.

What the lady I spoke with from Fannie Mae was most concerned about were the "bait and switch" tactics that BofA/CW appears to be doing. They kept trying to get me to enter THEIR programs that require money up front and then feigned ignorance when it came to the MHA programs.

No,I haven't looked at their guidelines yet. I actually got a letter from them a while back,but it said to contact my lender,so that's what I did. BofA still has yet to come up with a reason for me not qualifying yet,but like everyone else seems to be saying,they aske for upfront money. The letter I got from the attorney also has a two page for me to fill out requesting financial info,income.....etc. So what do I do about that??????? Do I fill it out......the attorney says they are working with the lender to help us.....I'm so confused.......and I haven't heard from the BofA girl for about a week.......so what now....did she disappear??? Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!!!!!!

Cruzer: I'm guessing the attorney is with BofA/CW? I wouldn't send any attorney anything at this point as an attorney is very unlikely to be the person performing any kind of a MHA modification.

Have you tried calling Freddie Mac directly to let them know of your situation to see if there's anything they can do to push BofA/CW into helping you?

Cruzer: I'm guessing the attorney is with BofA/CW? I wouldn't send any attorney anything at this point as an attorney is very unlikely to be the person performing any kind of a MHA modification.

Have you tried calling Freddie Mac directly to let them know of your situation to see if there's anything they can do to push BofA/CW into helping you?

Hey Gryffindor........No,I don't plan to send anything back to the attorney. I just don't know why they would send me something like that? I will be calling Freddie Mac tomorrow....if they're open. I'll let you know the outcome!

Hey Gryffindor........No,I don't plan to send anything back to the attorney. I just don't know why they would send me something like that? I will be calling Freddie Mac tomorrow....if they're open. I'll let you know the outcome!

Freddie Mac will be closed tomorrow for Memorial Day.

I checked their site earlier today to see if I could find their servicer guidelines but had no luck. It looks like they've got all of their servicer information where you have to have a user id and password to access it.

• 2 weeks later...

Department of Justice

HUD

FTC

FDIC

President Obama

I wrote a letter explaining our situation that BOA stepped in and reneged on a loan modification we had from a year ago and never notified us and then demaned 8 months worth of payments. I sent my letter to the following folks...

Obama

Biden

Michigan Govenor

Michigan AG

Michigan Senators

Michigan District House Reps

Michigan Housing Authority

ACORN

HUD

I received notice that the State of Michigan filed a federal complaint against BOA for regulatory banking violations. I don't really know what that means for my situation but it was nice to hear that someone actually read my letter and took action. I would highly advise writing everyone of your elected officials and telling them all about the games at CW/BOA.

The last post in this topic was posted 4494 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.