Sign in to follow this  
imreddy

AFNI

AFNI is a nightmare! They keep updating my credit file. I feel as though they will never come off. Has anyone had success on a settlement/pay for deletion? I just want them out of hair! They don't go anywhere, at least for me that is. :lol:

after they are paid or settled, wait 30 days and dispute as not mine to get it removed.

Many thanks. AFNI is making me climb the walls! I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm going to pay them.

settle, they took 30% of mine.

Thanks! I will do this. I appreciate your fast response. There's hope after all with them.

after they are paid or settled, wait 30 days and dispute as not mine to get it removed.

This is very bad advice and before giving advice on when to pay a CA, we should have more info.

1. How old is this debt?

2. Is it past SOL yet

3. You should always try for a PFD if you're going to pay. Paying them first and then disputing it is just giving AFNI more time and fodder to keep dinging your report, which they take great joy in doing so.

This is very bad advice and before giving advice on when to pay a CA, we should have more info.

1. How old is this debt?

2. Is it past SOL yet

3. You should always try for a PFD if you're going to pay. Paying them first and then disputing it is just giving AFNI more time and fodder to keep dinging your report, which they take great joy in doing so.

I disagree. I searched this forum and asked just as he did. I too found out they don't do PFD and some other members did what I suggest the OP to do, it worked for them and me.

AFNI will fold through a AG complaint! Don't even think of giving those slug buckets a penny!

AFNI is my sore spot so I have read every post on the topic for over a year. They rarely fold, and if you let them sit they age away. For me, they might send a letter every 6 mo, but the really don't seem to care. I do not want to pay something that will reage at this point, and they have not stopped me from getting CC's so I ignore it. They only way I would ever deal with them is if I get a mortgage, but that will not happen for several years.