Sign in to follow this  
ConcordUser

Do not accept Amex Optima Oasis Deal

My suggestion to any one who received the offer from Amex Optima Oasis card, do not take the deal. It is just not worth it.

Because? Don't just grind your axe because they FR you.

I dont care about FR nor about Amex. I do not like them CLD on an account they issued with a certain CL with the understanding that is the limit a card holder would get. Later even if you maintain good history then they do CLD. Once you complain about it then they do FR. It is the practise of the street loan shark.

I dont care about FR nor about Amex. I do not like them CLD on an account they issued with a certain CL with the understanding that is the limit a card holder would get. Later even if you maintain good history then they do CLD. Once you complain about it then they do FR. It is the practise of the street loan shark.

You defaulted with them once, can you blame them for being a little bit careful? I am on Oasis Optima myself.

Did they CLD the optima? Once you turn in the optima you're out of the oasis program and treated like everyone else... many of whom were CLD for far more than 4K. (I myself lost about 15K.)

It is not just isolated to Amex, CLD is being implemented by most of the big banks.

I was CLD'd by BofA and I did hate it, but it is just how they do business. If you dont like, cut them and move on, but dont preach that to everyone.

I have read about the Oasis program on here for quite a while.... I would be interested in hearing from "graduates" and their experiences-- both positive and negative with AmEx.

I have read about the Oasis program on here for quite a while.... I would be interested in hearing from "graduates" and their experiences-- both positive and negative with AmEx.

the main negative is you are paying them for a just the "opportunity to apply" for a card.

don't take it personal, but you do have previous default history (even if you made good, in their eyes you still defaulted back then). Most computer models predict behaviors on the assumption that once one is a defaulter you likely to be a repeat one. Your reformed behavior may make it a little less likely to do default BUT still you are more likely to default than the non-defaulters who have not. Banks have to contain the risks as much as possible.

I was on the Oasis program....it ended March was my 12th statement....I called in Feb...they let me move to the clear amex.....12 months 0% increased my 5k card to 15k effective March 1. Have not bothered me about anything....they do look monthly and when something changes on EX they peek again.

Edited by coopertwist

"BEST OF INBRED"

HOME OF--->FR/CLD/TOTAL CLOSURE/APR JACKAGE

fixed it for you.

:lol:

Just wait until Miss Long Legs sees this! :swoon:

The card that the OP had FR was not the Oasis card but the clear card they changed their Oasis card into. Therefore in my mind they were out of the Oasis program and Amex has the right to determine the LOC given.

The card that the OP had FR was not the Oasis card but the clear card they changed their Oasis card into. Therefore in my mind they were out of the Oasis program and Amex has the right to determine the LOC given.

And I believe it was noted in another thread by OP that there were something like 75 inquiries following the acquisition of the Optima card and prior to changing to a different product and subsequently CLD'ed.

don't take it personal, but you do have previous default history (even if you made good, in their eyes you still defaulted back then).

Then they shouldn't be offering the OASIS program in the first place, should they?

Bait & Switch tactics are a no-no, and this type of crap is exactly why the issuers are about to get smacked in the head with new legislation.

don't take it personal, but you do have previous default history (even if you made good, in their eyes you still defaulted back then).

Then they shouldn't be offering the OASIS program in the first place, should they?

Bait & Switch tactics are a no-no, and this type of crap is exactly why the issuers are about to get smacked in the head with new legislation.

Bait and switch would be an easier argument to swallow had the adverse action occurred ON AN OPTIMA account. However, OP gave up that account to swim with the AXP masses. As such, it is an entirely different situation. I am unaware of any posts where people who got an Optima account through the OASIS program sustained adverse action ON THE OPTIMA account.

OP made the choice to convert to a different product and then still engaged in a series of actions long known to be triggers, not only with AXP but with a number of lenders in the current climate, for adverse action. And then they act surprised when it came back to bite them...

I dunno, call me crazy, but if someone sends me 100 different letters all begging me to pay them thousands of dollars for a legally uncollectible amount that I don't actually *have* to pay, and as an "incentive" offers me a credit card that they will cancel/CLD/whatever shortly after they cash my check, then that sure seems like a healthy dose of Bait & Switch a/k/a Fraud in the Inducement. And a poster above WAS CLD'd on his Optima account.

Given Amex's recent behavior, I really think people would have to be completely insane to take an OASIS offer. But that's just me.

Bait and switch would be an easier argument to swallow had the adverse action occurred ON AN OPTIMA account. However, OP gave up that account to swim with the AXP masses. As such, it is an entirely different situation. I am unaware of any posts where people who got an Optima account through the OASIS program sustained adverse action ON THE OPTIMA account.

I believe someone reported AA on an oasis account. IIRC, they had scores under 600 and were not making enough progress on the score front and it was either CLD or closed after 6 months.

I dunno, call me crazy, but if someone sends me 100 different letters all begging me to pay them thousands of dollars for a legally uncollectible amount that I don't actually *have* to pay, and as an "incentive" offers me a credit card that they will cancel/CLD/whatever shortly after they cash my check, then that sure seems like a healthy dose of Bait & Switch a/k/a Fraud in the Inducement. And a poster above WAS CLD'd on his Optima account.

Given Amex's recent behavior, I really think people would have to be completely insane to take an OASIS offer. But that's just me.

The OP was no longer in the oasis program;

after 12 months at my request they converted it to Clear

If a former cardholder gets back in through oasis, is amex never allowed to review their credit and hold them to the same standards as the rest of their cardholders? If so, we all want in oasis. :good:

What he said.

OP made the choice to convert to a different product and then still engaged in a series of actions long known to be triggers, not only with AXP but with a number of lenders in the current climate, for adverse action. And then they act surprised when it came back to bite them...

Most here know I'm not the biggest AMEX fan on this board, but I have to agree with this line of reasoning. The OP accepted the Oasis offer and had the card for a year. He then called AMEX to convert the account to Clear. I think one could reasonably conclude that when the OP asked for the account to be converted to another product he volunteered to exit the Oasis program.

As far as Oasis offers today, I totally agree with the others. With the way AMEX is handling accounts right now I sure wouldn't pay AMEX money they aren't legally entitled to collect when they could turn around and cancel the account or not even open it in the first place.

Most here know I'm not the biggest AMEX fan on this board, but I have to agree with this line of reasoning. The OP accepted the Oasis offer and had the card for a year. He then called AMEX to convert the account to Clear. I think one could reasonably conclude that when the OP asked for the account to be converted to another product he volunteered to exit the Oasis program.

As far as Oasis offers today, I totally agree with the others. With the way AMEX is handling accounts right now I sure wouldn't pay AMEX money they aren't legally entitled to collect when they could turn around and cancel the account or not even open it in the first place.

they would have never got the money from me. in my opinion though when the card was switched then AMEX had the right to CLD or anything else they chose to do.