Sign in to follow this  
fireman44

Walt Disney World

And since it's been resurrected, I need to tell Fireman that you're incorrect. "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is actually the original song which the attraction debuted with at the World's Fair in 1964.

Humerous sidebar: I had a friend who went on It's A Small World once, the ride stopped but the music didn't and he was stuck listening to it for 30+ minutes. The last time I saw him, he was making dust clothes and learning basket weaving at Shadybrook Rest Home. Every time he sees or hears about anything Disney, he curls up in the fetal position and sucks his thumb. laugh.gif

This story is ripped off from the Simpsons where the equivalent ride at Duff Gardens made Lisa temporarily insane, because Bart dared her to taste the water that the boats were floating in and it turned out it was tainted with a hallucinogenic substance.

The seemingly tame Carousel of Progress is one of the attractions that has a record of killing someone. The cast member who greets the audience and sets the carousel in motion was crushed in the mechanism.

Edited by mk_378

Favorite rides at Disney..... Let's see...

Magic Kingdom: Pirates of the Caribbean, Dwarf Mountan (This is the line that never ends) Thunder Mountain (which apparently, the canon is that the trains are haunted because the mine was founded on a Cursed Indian Burial Ground) Haunted Mansion (I've got a friend who actually worked out the backstory of this ride, it's kinda messed up, special note, THM at disneyland, the ballroom scene has a bullet hole in the glass because a nut job shot a hole in it and the only way to get the glass out would be to dismantle the entire ride...) Space mountain (obviously, WHEEEEEEEEEEEE don't put your hands up if you like having them) Carousel of progress (which needs to be updated, now that that VR deal is a real thing there is absolutely nothing left in the final scene that is futuristic...) PhilHarMagic is always worth a go, as is the Country Bears....OOOH OOH OOH! AND MAD HATTER'S TEAPARTY! IF YOU CAN WALK STRAIT AFTER THAT RIDE YOU DID IT WRONG! Oh, and, it's a small world, "Because there is just one moon and one golden sun, and a smile means friendship to every one, though the mountains divide, and the oceans are wide, it's a small world after all... (And now, it's playing in your head, for everrrrrr)

Epcot: Spaceship Nerfed... Seriously, You have a touch panel in the car, and a pair of speakers in the head rest, let people decide if they want to hear the clasic voiceover or listen to this chick who sounds like an unenthusiastic school teacher) Innoventions is usually worth a sniff around. The land, check out "Living with the land", and Soarin if you don't mind waiting for ever.. Soarin needs to be renovated with a digital projector so that they can have multiple "shows" that occur randomly so it's not the same ride every time. Kinda like they did in Star Tours. Journey through imagination has been totally destroyed and isn't even worth the effort. If you like aquariums, the seas is worth a visit, but the new version with Nemo sucks so hard, I want the old version back u.u. On the world show case we usually go to Japan for some shopping, Mexico for Three Caballeros, we use to go to Maelstrom, and then they nixed it for "Frozen, the ride"... Better be damn well worth it. Also, if your kids need a nap, I advise Ellen's world of energy, or American Adventure (American Propaganda. Love the scene where the Indigenous Person stands up in the middle of the show and goes "EY! I got'cha freedom right here!" It's one line of dialogue, but at least they acknowledge the reality.) Then there's test track, which is nifty, sorta, and Mission Space you can take or leave. It sticks you in a centrifuge to simulate the effects of positive and negative gravitational forces. If you have motion sickness problems this ride is not for you...

Hollywood studios: Rock&Rollercoaster, It's by far the highest gravitational roller coaster at any of the parks. Great movie ride varies depending on the quality of actor you get. Star Tours which now has randomly generating rides so not every one is the same. Indiana Jones stunt show. (No, you don't have a chance of being selected as one of the extras. That' s an insurance nightmare for the parks. And Fantasmic is definitely worth hanging around... The last time we went, someone actually got The Wave going in the auditorium, it bounced about 20 times. I know the people back stage were like "WTF are these salamanders doing?!" Oh, and don't forget Muppets 3derp.

Animal Kingdom: There are only a hand full of atractions here. Rainforrest cafe (the biggest in the world) if you don't mind paying out the butt. Yeti Mountain (which sends you in a loop backwards, pretty neat coaster) Dinosaur, Boneyard, a fossil themed playground which is actually a lot of fun, the last time we were there, my sis got tired of it a lot faster than I did, it was fun. That's really about it. It's a zoo, and by park hours, the times that the park is open are the times the animals are least active. It is a park not worth the price of admission, only go there if you have an annual or seasonal pass. They were originally suppose to have an area of the park dedicated exclusively to "Cryptids" and, mythical creatures, and the like. Unicorns, Dragons, Fae and Daemons, halfings and so on. How that would have been worth a visit... It got cut.

Personally I advise shopping in park. Go to down town disney. You get a much larger selection all in one place instead of little shops here and there........................ One time Mom decided that Sis needed to go to their Bibbidi Bobbidy Boutique so I had to sit on hold on this shiny pink phone they use for making the reservations. Got some funny looks, big guy with a shaved head in camouflaged cargos and a black hoodie, openly singing along with the show toons they were blowing in my ear for half an hour... Again, they have Rainforrest Cafe, as well as T-Rex which is basically the same thing but with a dinosaur thing. There's a lot of shops here of all types, and it's also the home of Pleasure Island, which, I've never been to, because I am neither a social butterfly nor social drinker.There are people who like clubbing, I ain't one of them.

They pretty well gutted PI a few years back because the party hard crowd was getting a little out of control.

Edited by dansamy

Favorite rides at Disney..... Let's see...

Animal Kingdom: There are only a hand full of atractions here. Rainforrest cafe (the biggest in the world) if you don't mind paying out the butt. Yeti Mountain (which sends you in a loop backwards, pretty neat coaster) Dinosaur, Boneyard, a fossil themed playground which is actually a lot of fun, the last time we were there, my sis got tired of it a lot faster than I did, it was fun. That's really about it. It's a zoo, and by park hours, the times that the park is open are the times the animals are least active. It is a park not worth the price of admission, only go there if you have an annual or seasonal pass. They were originally suppose to have an area of the park dedicated exclusively to "Cryptids" and, mythical creatures, and the like. Unicorns, Dragons, Fae and Daemons, halfings and so on. How that would have been worth a visit... It got cut.

Animal Kingdom's rollercoaster attraction is called Expedition Everest (not Yeti Mountain). And there is no "loop" during the ride. If there was you would be held in your seat by shoulder harness not a lap bar. Take it from someone who has rode it over 5000 (yes 5000) times.

Edited by disneykid52

I call all the roller coasters at Disney "Mountain". Once you start with a theme you're stuck with it. I omit Rock 'n' Rollercoaster because it's not built into a mountain.

But no you're right, I just looked at a 3d model of the track and it in fact does not have an upside down loop.

I call all the roller coasters at Disney "Mountain". Once you start with a theme you're stuck with it. I omit Rock 'n' Rollercoaster because it's not built into a mountain.

But no you're right, I just looked at a 3d model of the track and it in fact does not have an upside down loop.

Care to make it interesting? Before you commit to a "yes with a decent amount of cash" you better read these:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=does+expedition+everest+go+upside+down&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IESR02&pc=WCUG

Like I said, I know more about Disney than you think.

Edited by disneykid52

Care to make it interesting? Before you commit to a "yes with a decent amount of cash" you better read these:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=does+expedition+everest+go+upside+down&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IESR02&pc=WCUG

Like I said, I know more about Disney than you think.

So ....

You resurrect a SIX YEAR OLD thread. Correct a poster, and he agrees with you. And you cop an attitude? Did you mis-read what he said? Was it the "No, you're right" part? Or the "it in fact does not have an upside down loop" part that threw you?

:blink:

ooops. I just realized I read Echo_X post wrong. I thought he (she) was saying there is a loop. Sorry Echo X. Yes there is in fact NO loop as I originally said.

Edited by disneykid52

Humerous sidebar: I had a friend who went on It's A Small World once, the ride stopped but the music didn't and he was stuck listening to it for 30+ minutes. The last time I saw him, he was making dust clothes and learning basket weaving at Shadybrook Rest Home. Every time he sees or hears about anything Disney, he curls up in the fetal position and sucks his thumb. laugh.gif

This story is ripped off from the Simpsons where the equivalent ride at Duff Gardens made Lisa temporarily insane, because Bart dared her to taste the water that the boats were floating in and it turned out it was tainted with a hallucinogenic substance.

The seemingly tame Carousel of Progress is one of the attractions that has a record of killing someone. The cast member who greets the audience and sets the carousel in motion was crushed in the mechanism.

This occurred after it the structure had been repurposed as "America Sings". The rider operators liked to sit on the edge of the polished wood stage and let the wall slide them along as the theater transitioned to the next stage (against the rules, but people did it anyway).

A neighbor was in charge of everything electrical at DL at the time. He didn't come home for three days, while they tore the ride apart trying to figure out what went wrong. It was never determined if her clothing became caught in the mechanism, or if she simply wasn't paying attention and failed to hop off the stage before the walls came together (it was late in the day an in her shift). Suffice it to say that industrial accidents are not pretty.

Edited by JeffeVerde