Filing a complaint with the AG and they send me national?

Meddie10

The last post in this topic was posted 5046 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Quick History:I've disputed with BOA twice with no luck. Disputed with CRA's for BOA 5 times, no luck. Goodwilled BOA, no luck. BBB'd BOA, no luck.

Item is a Paid Charge Off.

Tradeline is incorrect and I have proof of them changing dates around and other items. They have never marked the tradeline as "disputed by consumer". Here in WI, there is a state statute that requires them to, as well as stating that once it's marked as "disputed by consumer", it must always report that way.

My BBB dispute was entirely about this lack of notation on my tradeline.

Problem:

I went to Wisconsin's Attorney General website, went to the complaint section, and it sent me to the Department of Financial Institutions. I filed my complaint there.

I get a reply stating that since BOA is a national bank, that they cannot do anything. She stated to me that the agency that regulates the credit-reporting practices of national banks is the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (www.occ.treas.gov). She also gave me a link where there is instructions and form for filing a complaint involving a national bank (http://www.helpwithmybank.gov/complaints/index.html).

Why can't my AG go after someone for breaking one of the statutes in their state? I don't understand that. Any help anyone?

Also, has anyone ever had any dealings with the Comptroller of Currency or the other website? I don't ever remember them being discussed here.

I feel your pain....BOA is a bunch of dirty, rat *astards in my opinion. They have purposely tried to screw my husband's account more than once. Here is a summary of my (our) fight with them:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;hl=LadyRelm2

And, to make matters worse....twice now they have removed us from automatic payment without our consent...and didn't notify us that they removed us from auto-pay until the pay date was missed. So on top of the 120 day lates they are reporting that are NOT accurate, they've added 2 new 30-day lates (Jan 09 and Mar 09) which are tanking DH's score. I think we will have to sue them to get them to fix it. We have also tried every avenue - even sending an ITS to the VP of card services....and they refuse to budget. They say they are reporting accurately and will not change it.

has anyone ever had any dealings with the Comptroller of Currency or the other website?

I filed a complaint with them a couple of years ago as part of a 3-pronged attack against an OC who was reporting all sorts of inaccuracies on a IIB account. They responded to my complaint with a letter advising me they had received my complaint & were investigating. A few weeks later, I received a letter from the OC stating they were deleting the TL.

has anyone ever had any dealings with the Comptroller of Currency or the other website?

I filed a complaint with them a couple of years ago as part of a 3-pronged attack against an OC who was reporting all sorts of inaccuracies on a IIB account. They responded to my complaint with a letter advising me they had received my complaint & were investigating. A few weeks later, I received a letter from the OC stating they were deleting the TL.

That's a positive development. I'm hoping that since this is a paid charge-off that is due to drop off in just under a year anyway that they'll just fold so they don't have to spend money dealing with me anymore. We'll see.

LadyRelm2, did you try filing a complaint with the place I linked above?

Edited by Meddie10

I have not filed with the comptroller yet. I meet with my attorney next Tuesday. I'm going to see if he will send them a letter on his letterhead. perhaps if they get a letter from an actual ATTORNEY, they will sit up and take notice. It's not like I'm asking them to write off the debt, ya know? I just asked them to remove the inaccurate reporting.... :lol:

The last post in this topic was posted 5046 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.