Circuit City store CC's

The last post in this topic was posted 4641 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just logged into my Circuit City store card account and it is still showing as open. Is it too late to convert the card to something else? I have not received a letter notifying me of closure or conversion.

I'm in the same boat. No letter yet.

I called today. No conversion options for me. The CSR I spoke with said the card would eventually be closed by them and hinted (but stated emphatically that she wasn't telling me to) close the card myself before they did.

I paid mine off yesterday. Closed it today.

My scores are in the 700 range, due entirely to high util. No baddies whatsoever. Unfortunately, I have $5,200 owing on a $6,000 Chase card and $1,200 owing on a $2,500 Providian (now part of Chase) card.

I called today. No conversion options for me. The CSR I spoke with said the card would eventually be closed by them and hinted (but stated emphatically that she wasn't telling me to) close the card myself before they did.

I paid mine off yesterday. Closed it today.

My scores are in the 700 range, due entirely to high util. No baddies whatsoever. Unfortunately, I have $5,200 owing on a $6,000 Chase card and $1,200 owing on a $2,500 Providian (now part of Chase) card.

I would have continued to call. One CSR will tell you one thing and another CSR will tell you something else. I had a store card, converted it to CC Visa, then to United Visa... combined WaMu MC with United Visa. I'm not sure you can reopen the store account since CC is no longer in business.

The last post in this topic was posted 4641 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.