Sign in to follow this  
creditrepairguy

Approved for Kays, should and when shoudl I apply for others.

Since I'm excited about being able to b*. I decided to pull the trigger on Kays. I was approved for 3000.

So should I apply for Jareds as well.. If so when? If I were approved, would I have a separate trade line reporting for 3000 as well?

Thanks.

Edited by creditrepairguy

If I were approved, would I have a separate trade line reporting for 3000 as well?

Thanks.

There are hundreds of posts regarding Kay's and Jared's that explain this. Did you use the search function on the forum?

I actually read them.. And in reading them especially the two most recent, I wasn't left with a definitive answer as to

1.) If I applied for another one the same day would that be a factor in both account applications being held up? There were a couple of people who had this happen and I wasn't sure if it were more related to the FA's they had or to the way Sterling bank is operating now.

2.) Whether they would divide the initial balance between the cards and report each card as a 1500 TL or whether they would report two separate 3000 TL's even though the Cl is shared.

Hence my thread. Thanks.

From what I know, you are given two of the exact same credit lines. If you spend on one, it will show that amount on both. As you read, some have problems when applying for both while others sailed straight through. It's hard to say.

With that said, would you actually use both cards? As a rule of thumb, I try to only apply for cards that I would use. When I applied for Kay's a few years ago, they said I could apply for Jared's as well but I declined because I knew I wouldn't use it.

I applied for Kay's and Jared's within minutes of each other was approved for both They appear on your report in about three weeks as twodifferent accounts so it really helps with Utilization. although they share the limit in the store. BTW Can we not be so quick to tell people to go read when they ask a question. If people didnt ask questions on the Boards there would be no need for the Boards.

So I applied for Jareds as well for the sake of utilization. Got

Thank you for your interest in Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry Credit. Your application is currently under review. You will receive an email from Jared.com giving you an application status update within one hour. You can also view the status by using the Already Applied page

After about 15 minutes later I got a call from Jareds to verify some information. A little while later I got an email asking me to check my account..

Congratulations! Your application for credit with Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry has been approved and is available for immediate use. Your account number and credit line are listed below.

So I guess applying to the two stores back to back does come with extra work nowadays...

They didn't call with the Kays but they did with the Jareds app. Maybe the combo of both? The interest varies depending on which state you're in. In MA the disclosure says something like 18% if I'm correct. I realistically don't see myself using the card to buy anything there besides fixing and cleaning my watches...

Did you try getting Jared's card? They share the same limit but reports as seperate tradeline. Once you get kay you can easily get Jareds and there is one more card ( I dont remember the name ) you can get that also.

I haven't checked my credit reports yet to tell where it came from. Will check in the AM when I do my dailys.

The only True Fico I have is my Equifax and that was a 575 last month. I don't know if the other two are higher or lower. I think it went up as I succeeded in removing 8 inquiries and a collections. Also I have about 12 positive accounts on my Report...

After about 15 minutes later I got a call from Jareds to verify some information. A little while later I got an email asking me to check my account..

Congratulations! Your application for credit with Jared® The Galleria Of Jewelry has been approved and is available for immediate use. Your account number and credit line are listed below.

So I guess applying to the two stores back to back does come with extra work nowadays...

Got approved for a Kay card with 1900 CL then applied for Jared's and rec'd similar message. It's about midnight here CST so I probablyh won't be recieving any calls from Jared, but hoping they send me an email or something. What type of questions did they ask?

My scores btw are:

EQ 587

TU 568

EX 609 (FAKO)

okay...they actually shot me an e mail about the approval. do we have to periodically use the card for them to continuously report? thanks

When I got mine I applied for Kays, Jareds, & JB Robinson within minutes of each other. Never used any of them & they are still reporting.

When I got mine I applied for Kays, Jareds, & JB Robinson within minutes of each other. Never used any of them & they are still reporting.

thanks for clarifying. How much impact did they have on your score considering no util at all?

thanks for clarifying. How much impact did they have on your score considering no util at all?

At that time there was a lot of activity (removing baddies, adding accounts) so I really don't know how much they helped. My Kay line was 5k and at the same time I got a Zales line of 1K. Seems like I got about a 90 point jump in about 3 months of all of this.