Sign in to follow this  
dadufal

LVNV sent another letter

need some assistance here guys. My wife settled on a debt with LVNV in which she paid in January. We recieve a letter today from Resurgent Credit Services stating that there is additional interest charges that accrued on the debt and is requesting payment for it with validation of the debt attached with the letter. The validation attached simply states " account # ************* for wifes name acquired from GE Capital is now owned by LVNV Funding LLC. At the time the account was acquired from GE Capital, GE Capital advised that the balance owing was $516.58. Since that time, additional interest, fees, payments, credits, and offsets, if applicable, have been allowed, for a current balance of $296.54.

Is this a legitimate thing to do? I this validation legite? I mean we settled and paid for what ever amount. I can't believe they are billing us for this crap? Please help!

just to add on...are they in violation of FDCPA 808:1 (unfair collection practice) by trying to collect on additional charges on top of the principle balance? I'm looking to write them a letter requesting to provide proof that such charges are withing the original agreement with the OC> thanks guys!

need some assistance here guys. My wife settled on a debt with LVNV in which she paid in January. We recieve a letter today from Resurgent Credit Services stating that there is additional interest charges that accrued on the debt and is requesting payment for it with validation of the debt attached with the letter. The validation attached simply states " account # ************* for wifes name acquired from GE Capital is now owned by LVNV Funding LLC. At the time the account was acquired from GE Capital, GE Capital advised that the balance owing was $516.58. Since that time, additional interest, fees, payments, credits, and offsets, if applicable, have been allowed, for a current balance of $296.54.

Is this a legitimate thing to do? I this validation legite? I mean we settled and paid for what ever amount. I can't believe they are billing us for this crap? Please help!

Did it get lower, or is that a typo?

jack

Did it get lower, or is that a typo?

jack

we settled the 516 in x amount. everything should have been closed thereafter. Today we recieve this letter indicating there is additional charge for $296.00 for interests/fees. Seem like they are just tacking on amounts.

This is why we do not settle with these ganevs.

100% of collectors will lie 100% of the time.

Understood :-( but again isn't this a violation of FDCPA as it states below? can anyone please comment as i am ready to fire out a letter. or is it too late?

§ 808. Unfair practices

A debt collector may not use unfair or unconscionable means to collect or attempt to collect any debt. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section:

(1) [b]The collection of any amount (including any interest, fee, charge, or expense incidental to the principal obligation) unless such amount is expressly authorized by the agreement creating the debt or permitted by law.[/b]

What exactly was the terms of the agreement?

Did you get this agreement in writing? hopefully before payment?

Depending just how the agreement to settle terms were detailed will define your next move.