Kays and Jared approved with one credit pull

The last post in this topic was posted 4296 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Last week I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Kays Jewelers (Sterling) - got approved for $1500. I heard it may be possible to apply to Jareds (Sterling) and get approved for another trade line. Went ahead and applied with Jareds only a few minutes later online and was approved for another card for $1500. Today I checked the mail and both cards came in with different account numbers. I checked my inquiries and only had one pull for Sterling on Equifax. two store tradelines for one pull on only one bureau is not bad at all.

I just did the same thing last week but when I checked my CR and it appears that I got TWO pulls, one for Experian and another for Equifax same day same bank, Sterling! What's that about?!? I thought it was only 1 pull?!? I was approved for both but my reasoning for applying for both in the same day was to get 1 pull. Did I do something wrong?

Applied for a Jared's card and was approved. But with a letter that states if I applied at another "partner" jewelry store, my CL would be reduced by an amount equal to the credit limit given by the partner.

Jared's gave me $5100 CL. I believe that one TL with a $5100 CL is better than 2 TL's at $2550 CL's each.

Any other opinions?

Edited by wstrnengnr

So I wonder if Sterling is on to the fact that people are using their tradelines in this way?

I just got Kay's about 7 weeks ago, ($5100, as well) and when I went to do Jared, it was a total mess and took 2 weeks to clear up.

I eventually did get both, and at this time they report on my credit reports as two separate, distinct $5100 tradelines.

I have had a Kay card for about 2 years now with a $6900 limit, just applied for a Jared card and got a .... $6900 limit!!! Got the 7 day response from JB though. Oh well, hey it dropped my Utilization down 10%! ;)

Congratulations! Looks like I may need to apply for the Kay card as well.

FYI, the five Sterling Jewelers are:

1. Jared

2. JB Robinson

3. Weisfeld (spelling?)

4. Kay

5. Belden (I think this one is closing stores or going out of business though)

what is the number for underwriting/check app status for kay's? I applied last week...have a FA though, they havent called and I havent gotten a letter.

I had a FA on my reports, they said I had to go into the store to apply. That's probably what they'll make you do.

• 2 months later...

just applied for Jared and kay and got $2000 instant for jared and the letter for kay. Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

just applied for Jared and kay and got $2000 instant for jared and the letter for kay. Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

well i got $2000 from jared, $1650 from jb, and $1500 from kay. two EQ pulls so far. One on the 4th and 5th of may.

• 3 weeks later...

Sterling currently operates two nation-wide jewelery stores (Jared and Kay) as well as various regional jewelry stores (JB Robinson and others). From what I understood before, the cards share the same core credit limit/line because it's the same company issuing the cards, but the account numbers will be different (i.e., different ways to access the same credit line). I assume this is how a Carson Pirie Scott vs. Bon-Ton department store credit card would work, as opposed to Macy's vs. Bloomingdales. I really should find out though, and let you guys know. I'd reccomend calling credit using the number on the back of your card and asking them. Here's a complete list of the stores:

* Kay Jewelers

* JB Robinson Jewelers (third largest chain after Kay and Jared)

* Weisfield Jewelers (western states)

* Marks & Morgan Jewelers (southeast)

* Belden Jewelers (northeast)

* Shaw's Jewelers (WI, MD and VI)

* Goodman Jewelers (MN, WI)

* Rogers Jewelers (OH)

* LeRoy's Jewelers (mostly KY and WV)

The following stores are generally higher-end (may carry Rolex or Omega watches for example):

* Jared the Galleria of Jewelry

* Friedlander's Jewelers (WA and OR, only 3 stores)

* Osterman Jewelers (mostly MI, OH, IN)

And Belden is not being shuttered...but the regional chains are being downsized by quite a bit, with unprofitable stores being closed.

Also: Sterling can and will deactivate your card when there has been 12 months of no activity, and will completely close your account after 24 months of inactivity. I don't know if this is PER CARD or PER CL though...

* Kay Jewelers

* JB Robinson Jewelers (third largest chain after Kay and Jared)

* Weisfield Jewelers (western states)

* Marks & Morgan Jewelers (southeast)

* Belden Jewelers (northeast)

* Shaw's Jewelers (WI, MD and VI)

* Goodman Jewelers (MN, WI)

* Rogers Jewelers (OH)

* LeRoy's Jewelers (mostly KY and WV)

LOL. I cant believe there is even a place called LEEROYS Jewelers!

The last post in this topic was posted 4296 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.