Want to boycott Experian?

improper_validation

The last post in this topic was posted 5606 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I noticed they have a link to ask questions of Maxine Sweet, Experian's VP of Public Education: http://www.experian.com/ask_max/maxmail.html

I say we bombard Max with questions as to when Experian will give consumers back their rights to see their own FICOs. Perhaps you might want to add they you have frozen your report until they do so, at least they way someone at Experian will clearly hear from the publiv why they are getting a wave of files being frozen.

I just emailed. I intend to send them several, as well as every other entity that I can get a mailing addy for.

Hi everyone. I agree! EX is by far the worst of my 3 reports when it comes to accuracy. They have strange bogus addresses on there that I never lived at (from far away states) and don't ever delete anything that I have proved was wrong.

I have had my EX frozen for a long time. I don't want to give them a DIME of my money.

I didn't know about this FICO denial thing. How horrible!

--J

I noticed they have a link to ask questions of Maxine Sweet, Experian's VP of Public Education: http://www.experian.com/ask_max/maxmail.html

I say we bombard Max with questions as to when Experian will give consumers back their rights to see their own FICOs. Perhaps you might want to add they you have frozen your report until they do so, at least they way someone at Experian will clearly hear from the publiv why they are getting a wave of files being frozen.

sent an email, look forward to see if they bother to respond

sent an email, look forward to see if they bother to respond

Perhaps she will address it.

I made sure I added I will be putting ex on ice after my mortgage, And I will be not apply to any lender or credit card that needs a ex file.

Oddly enuf, I actually LIKE them.

They have been very helpful in deleting addresses and even name variations for me, and are very easy to do online disputes with.

Of course YMMV...but for me they've been very good, plus the backdoor daily pulls are a cool thing.....

I sent mine!!!

Hello Max,

I would like to know why Experian, as of Feb. 15, 2009, is not going to allow the public to know their own Experian FICO credit scores. The FICO score is the most widely used when applying for credit, and therefore should be available to the consumer to whom it belongs. The ''PLUS'' or ''advantage'' scores are not real scores, they are used by anyone and I refuse to pay for them. I intend to freeze my Experiam report until this is resolved, because I do not think it is fair that others can see my score while I cannot. If they do not reverse this new policy, I will only be obtaining any new credit from those lending agency's who use Equafax or Transunion.

Sincerely

Vickilee

froze mine a while ago, maybe one day when they get everything correct on it, i will consider unfreezing it

+10 :)

Maybe is a strong word. Since Experian is discontinuing consumer FICO reports, I see no need to unfreeze my Experian report ever :stop:

To clarify my own post, I meant maybe one day they get everything correct on it, and maybe i will consider unfreezing it. :lol:

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH

I worked for almost 20 years trying for 100% ACCURATE

I gave up...

Good thing I never had any "BADDIES"

Believe me, George, I am NOT holding my breath!

When I pulled my first report a few years back, they had like 50 addresses on there! Places I had never heard of, much less lived. Then they had me living at addresses next door to myself and at places with no mailable address, like PO box nothing, no city, just a state, not even a zip code. Tell me how that can be considered accurate? I fought with them for ages about just the personal information on my report.

Then, we started on the TLs. Companies I had never done business with. CA agencies collecting on accounts I had never had/owed. It's been a tough row to hoe and they are still the bane of my credit repair.

With them, you don't even have to have ever let an account go delinquent, they'll fix you up with a few gratis. :swoon:

Yes, they moved me to SPECIAL SERVICES before long - then my rep quit. :lol: She was clueless anyway.

I just finished emailing my Congressman, Senators and dozen emails to Experian at every single email addy I could possibly find. I could care less where my FICO comes from, as long as I have access! Till then--frozen.

I wouldnt be surprised if we see EX asking for bailout money next! lol

I sent my question to "Ask Max" and will be freezing my Experian report. I won't be unfreezing it either. There are CU mortgage brokers here locally that do pulls of TU/EQ and won't be bothered by an EX freeze. If EX wants to maintain a policy that keeps their FICO scores 50-70 points below the other two reports and then peddle their own fake scores to consumers, that's fine. I won't be participating.

plus the backdoor daily pulls are a cool thing.....

+1

's

Having a freeze on my report has not prevented me from being able to use EX backdoor.

EQ I was never able to pull while on ice. myFico could not generate a file/score and neither TC nor CCT could pull a 3rd party rpt.

Exp I can pull all day long, frozen or not.

I have never put TU on ice, so can't speak fm personal experience on that one.

The last post in this topic was posted 5606 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.