New Collection TODAY - National Credit Solution

The last post in this topic was posted 3711 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

OK, today I went through the "back door" to check my EX report this morning (and ironically I had just checked it on Friday and this wasn't on there), and noticed a brand new collection with a CA called National Credit Solution for BMG Music Services. Says credit limit $60 and "recent balance" of $288.

Back in "the day" I had joined BMG, although it was very long ago (I honestly can't remember, somewhere in 2003 or 2004 I'd guess, but it may even be earlier than that). Back then, when it went to collections, SOMEONE (not sure if it was that CA, because it's been so long) did send me a collections letter, and that was the last I ever heard from anyone about this. Frankly, I could have even included it in my 11/03 Ch. 13 Bankruptcy (not sure on that though, it would depend on the date of the collection--suppose I could pull out my BK folder and look at the list of creditors I included).

So now, when my score's finally 680+ on EX, I get this. Haven't had a new collection on my reports in years. :lol:

So what's the best way to attack this ... NCS did NOT send me a dunning letter recently. Believe me, I would have responded to it before it ever got to my reports, I'm vigilant about checking my mail these days. So, with that being said, do I do a 1-2 punch? Send NCS a DV letter, wait to get the green card back, and then dispute with all 3 CRAs? Not even sure it's on TU or EQ.

Anyways, this is disheartening, and I certainly don't know where the $288 came from. Back when you couldn't get out of a contract for buying music (without fulfilling it) so they tacked on all type of fees, etc. I'd guess.

Anyone know anything about NCS and the best way to handle this? Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is yours also National Credit Solution for BMG? Just curious?

I'm not applying for any new credit. Just trying to get my EX clean (have two med collections left that I just sent off WhyChat's HIPAA letter and cashier's checks to this weekend), and a couple of other collections (Time Warner and Verizon) and that's all.

Just want to get EX clean so in early summer, my BOA card will hopefully unsecure.

OK, I just Googled this CA, and they come up on "Ripoffreport.com" Doing this like collection badgering, refusal to validate, failure to furnish a dunning letter (which they did not send me a dunning letter in this case, it just popped onto my EX report today), illegal collection activities, etc.

The more I think of this account, I wonder just how old it is. From reading "Ripoffreport.com" sounds like they're putting very old accounts back onto people's credit reports, making them look like "new accounts."

Anyone here care to comment? I am going to get a DV letter out to them today by CMRRR and when I get the green card back I'll dispute with the CRAs and take it from there.

If they did not send a dunning letter, is this a violation? If this gets verified by the CRAs while it's within 30 days of the CA getting my DV letter, that's a violation, right? Because this is not an OLD collection on my reports ... it's brand new showing up now. Although it says its from December 2008, but when I checked EX on Friday it was not on there. I check EX regularly.

Let me know, as I want a paper trail of any and all violations. If this is not an easy delete, it'd be my first time to sue a CA. Sounds like one party on "Ripoffreport.com" is actually suing them.

Again, any thoughts, advice are welcome!!!

An update ... I had a suspicion that I had at one time had an OLD BMG Music account. Today I went on Pacer and pulled up my Ch. 13 Bankruptcy discharged in 5/08, and sure enough, I had listed BMG in my list of creditors. So that debt has been discharged.

So basically, National Credit Solutions is trying to collect on a debt already discharged in Bankruptcy. I haven't sent out my DV letter to them yet, so I'm going to update it accordingly.

Someone else on CB just posted late in the day yesterday and his report also got "dinged," and he had never had an account with BMG either.

So I suspect that National Credit Solutions bought up a bunch of junk debt from BMG and is just plastering it on people's reports to see if they can get people to pay. No dunning letters or any warning of any type has been their MO.

Anyways, my DV letter will go out CMRRR tonight ... they've already got one violation (trying to collect on an already discharged debt). Now let's see if they'll validate ... I think not!!! :angry:

Sara,

Glad you posted that link ... I hadn't seen it. Think I'll shoot off a DV to both of the addresses listed. Yeah, I hate to pay for the CMRRR to both, but oh well.

Not sure where they're getting bogus information from. Now my BMG was actually discharged in my BK ... even shows on Pacer, but it's still illegal for them to collect now, so not sure how they're getting people's names that never had BMG accounts. It's frustrating enough as it is ...

The website was updated last month. You have to clean out your cookies for the new one to take affect. Our office does accept dispute letters and if our office can't validate with the original creditor, we do exactly what the person prior said. We remove it and move on to the next debt. Remember that our office gets sent thousands of accounts and we understand that fraud happens to good people. We will have consumers call our office demanding that we remove it immediatly from the credit report and when we request that they dispute in writing they get very upset and begin name calling. We have very good people working with our office and try very hard to accomodate the fraud victims. Please, understand that it is our company policy and a federal law that we get the dispute in writing. As you can see these debts aren't fake because someone had it in a bankruptcy. The person that committed the fraud not only did this to you but the creditor as well and if we both stay calm it will get worked out. I promise.

Bob Anderson....

Also, We did some checking with the BBB on our score after one of you let me know about our ranking. They said that we needed to fill out a company report so that they could take into consideration length of business, number of employees, and our business. I guess if you are a collection agency the score gets calculated a little differently. Nobody likes collectors and somehow we are horrible people. These horrible people save many of your jobs. Who do you think collects debts for your company that otherwise would go unpaid. Your company would have to lay off employees to cover the losses. The United States uses your tax dollars to fund collection agencies that are collection on student loans. Anyways, we answer every report with the better business bureau. We have closed some due to lack of cooperation with the original creditor. We have fought some with lengthy documentation. People who said I never had that account and blogged about it suddenly remembered it when they saw two years worth of statements. Our office had a lady call in cussing one day, and the next and the next until she received her validation with the CD's she ordered. She went to her collection of CD's and promptly called us back with an apology and a payment. We have disputes that when investigated turn out to be possible fraud and we close those and send them back to the client for further review.

I hope this helps...

Regards,

Bob ....

OK, today I went through the "back door" to check my EX report this morning (and ironically I had just checked it on Friday and this wasn't on there), and noticed a brand new collection with a CA called National Credit Solution for BMG Music Services. Says credit limit $60 and "recent balance" of $288.

Back in "the day" I had joined BMG, although it was very long ago (I honestly can't remember, somewhere in 2003 or 2004 I'd guess, but it may even be earlier than that). Back then, when it went to collections, SOMEONE (not sure if it was that CA, because it's been so long) did send me a collections letter, and that was the last I ever heard from anyone about this. Frankly, I could have even included it in my 11/03 Ch. 13 Bankruptcy (not sure on that though, it would depend on the date of the collection--suppose I could pull out my BK folder and look at the list of creditors I included).

So now, when my score's finally 680+ on EX, I get this. Haven't had a new collection on my reports in years. :dntknw:

So what's the best way to attack this ... NCS did NOT send me a dunning letter recently. Believe me, I would have responded to it before it ever got to my reports, I'm vigilant about checking my mail these days. So, with that being said, do I do a 1-2 punch? Send NCS a DV letter, wait to get the green card back, and then dispute with all 3 CRAs? Not even sure it's on TU or EQ.

Anyways, this is disheartening, and I certainly don't know where the $288 came from. Back when you couldn't get out of a contract for buying music (without fulfilling it) so they tacked on all type of fees, etc. I'd guess.

Anyone know anything about NCS and the best way to handle this? Thanks!

Hi

I just happen to pull my credit report about 2 days ago and I had discovered that I had a collection in the amount of $146.00 and the original creditor being BMG that was reported in my Experian credit report from this National Credit Solutions. I was so upset because I never saw this item before until now. :dntknw: I had read the report and apparently it was first reported to this company National Credit Solutions back in December 2008. I never received any type of written notice from National Credit solutions based in Oklahoma City, OK whatsoever on this debt.

I tried to dispute the item through the credit report website and received investigative results of this matter and it was complete. I do recall receiving some music items from BMG but that has been awhile ago at least 2-3 years ago.

I have the collection agency's telephone number but I am very hesitant about calling them and would rather communicate with them in writing in trying correct the issue and have the derogatory item deleted from my credit report in exchange for payment as soon as possible.

I am willing to settle the account for the amount owed providing that I receive the collection deletion off my creditor report in return for that payment .

I have already written the Collection agency a letter via postal mail and sent it certified and receipt requested, signature, have emailed and faxed that same letter in regards to making a full payment in exchange for deletion from my Experian credit report.

I would like to receive written correspondence from the National Credit Solutions on their company letterhead and a name and a legible signature.

I am hoping that I hear something from this company soon because I would like to have this matter resolved as soon as possible

Is there a general turnaround time to find out, if the collection agency accepts your offer. How does that work? Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fluffycakes,

Unfortunately you did not follow the 1-2 punch (meaning send NCS a DV letter FIRST, before disputing with the CRAs, so that they (NCS) can provide proof this is a legitimate debt that you owe THEM). In my own case, I found BMG listed in my creditor matrix in my 2003 Ch. 13 Bankruptcy, so clearly NCS "bought the debt" for pennies on the dollar from some list that BMG had ... LONG AFTER my bankruptcy was filed, and more disturbingly probably even AFTER my BK was even discharged, and slapped it on my EX report. This is illegal on the CA's part. My very old BMG account (and frankly it could have been around for over 7 years now) is out of SOL, should no longer be reported on my reports anyways, was discharged in BK, was never, ever listed with NCS even back in 2003, and well the list goes on and on.

As for your PFD ... not sure about that ... they don't "have" to accept it, although it would be great in your case if they do ... there's no particular timeframe they have to respond to either.

For anyone else this happens to (and I've read quite a few posts here lately where they're having BMG/NCS show up suddenly without a dunning letter prior), be sure to send NCS a DV letter, there are SO many things wrong with this!

I sent my complaint to the BBB and FTC and disputed with TU and Experian. They deleted NCS. I never had an account with BMG and I received the run around from BMG and Capital Assistance Group who NCS said was the OC.

NCS posted on my credit report without a dunning letter as well. Never properly responded to my DV request also. Make sure to send everything CMRRR and keep the copies.

Swoosh,

I had written a response on the Creditboards website in regards to the collection item for National Credit Solutions (NCS) in Okalahoma City, OK and the original creditor is BMG. I had already sent NCS letters via fax, email, and postal mail for pay for delete from my Experian Credit report.

I know that you indicated in your statement to me that I should have sent a debt validation letter before I send the pay for a delete letter.

My question to you is would it be too late to send the debt validation letter to NCS after I had already send the pay for delete letter and also would it be too late to report the NCS to the Better Business Bureau and FTC being that they put this item on my credit report without my knowledge.

I never received any correspondence from NCS and just happen to find out about this company through my credit report. I just want the derogatory item deleted form my credit report as soon as possible because it did affect my credit score. Any additional advice? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this topic for me ... NCS first showed up on my EX on 2/2/09 (not TU nor EQ). I kept a copy of that report. No dunning letter or any warning of any type.

I sent my DV to NCS on 2/10, and they received it on 2/13 (got the green card back shortly thereafter also dated 2/13). I told them in my DV letter that this had been included in my Ch. 13 BK filed 6 years ago, but to please provide validation that they were able to collect on this supposed "debt."

On 2/18 I sent my dispute (via regular mail) to EX (following the 1-2 punch), and today, VOILA, BMG is gone from EX. I just printed out a copy of my EX report with it removed, and I also had asked EX to send me a paper copy of my new report after they were finished with their "verification process."

Thanks to all who responded to my original post above!

Message to fluffycakes ... I don't believe it's ever to late to do a DV letter to a CA ... it's just more effective at the "beginning" when it first goes on your report. If you believe the debt is not yours, you want them to provide validation that it is. In my case, they could not "buy" a junk debt that was already discharged in bankruptcy (it didn't stop them from reporting it though).

In your case, sounds as though you had an account with BMG at one time ... perhaps someone else can chime in here with better advice ... I can't really advise you on the BBB/FTC route ... again, hoping someone else can help you here ...

• 3 weeks later...

Like many of you I had credit refused to me due to a collection for BMG Music attached to my Experian Credit Report by National Credit Solutions (NCS). I have not purchased anything from BMG Music or any music through the mail (at least not in past 25 yrs). I contacted BMG music at 317-692-9200 and they were useless. I contacted NCS through the email Bob from NCS provided in this thread. I received a response in less than 24 hrs stating that they were looking into my account and would follow up with me. I had also sent a letter to NCS requesting proof of my debt. I additionally challenged the debt with Experian. In less than a week, it has been removed from my account.

While I am not pleased with NCS tactics since I never received any notification of debt from them (never received anything from BMG either) before this was attached to my credit, I now realize that NCS is just the messenger. BMG Music are the criminals here. They knowingly sold my debt and many others that they should have known was not true debt to NCS for a profit. While I'm not a lawyer, it seems to me if you knowingly sell something that is not real causing all of the harm to our credit, that is fraud and a criminal act. I have filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney Generals Office. If you agree with me, you should do the same. The Attorney Generals office receives many requests in a day. The more they receive on one topic, the more energy that will be put towards it.

If I was NCS, I would be suing BMG Music for providing fraudulent debt for collection. I haven't seen NCS in any other threads so it seems that BMG Music debt is really giving them a black eye.

Like many of you I had credit refused to me due to a collection for BMG Music attached to my Experian Credit Report by National Credit Solutions (NCS). I have not purchased anything from BMG Music or any music through the mail (at least not in past 25 yrs). I contacted BMG music at 317-692-9200 and they were useless. I contacted NCS through the email Bob from NCS provided in this thread. I received a response in less than 24 hrs stating that they were looking into my account and would follow up with me. I had also sent a letter to NCS requesting proof of my debt. I additionally challenged the debt with Experian. In less than a week, it has been removed from my account.

While I am not pleased with NCS tactics since I never received any notification of debt from them (never received anything from BMG either) before this was attached to my credit, I now realize that NCS is just the messenger. BMG Music are the criminals here. They knowingly sold my debt and many others that they should have known was not true debt to NCS for a profit. While I'm not a lawyer, it seems to me if you knowingly sell something that is not real causing all of the harm to our credit, that is fraud and a criminal act. I have filed a complaint with the Indiana Attorney Generals Office. If you agree with me, you should do the same. The Attorney Generals office receives many requests in a day. The more they receive on one topic, the more energy that will be put towards it.

If I was NCS, I would be suing BMG Music for providing fraudulent debt for collection. I haven't seen NCS in any other threads so it seems that BMG Music debt is really giving them a black eye.

CAs/JDBs are actually bigger criminals than most OCs.

There were a lot of collections for Columbiahouse that suddenly popped up recently on this board. I got one from National Recovery Agency and immediately sent out a DV even though they weren't on my reports. No response.

I searched for this topic today for the exact same reason. Maybe National Credit Solutions just bought a batch of accounts from BMG or something. Either way, I know I haven't had any business with BMG for YEARS! Stuff like this really aggravates me. It is showing on my report from December 2008, a $41 charge that is now $248 or something ridiculous. I think they do that, then wait for you to dispute so they'll get your contact info. This is what another company (RJM I think) did to me for Doubleday not long ago. I sent certified letters to them & the CRA & filed a BBB complaint and they removed it. I really hope this one will be as easy.

I came here to hopefully find an address for National Credit Solutions. It is conveniently not on my report.

I haven't read through the thread yet but I'm so glad I found this!

I pulled my TC today and found a collection from them for a BMG acct. I can't even remember the last time I had a BMG or Columbia House acct, atleast 15 years ago!

Shows an original balance of $23 with a balance of $116 and opened in 12/2008. <_<

Yeah ok...I'm getting my letters ready tonight.

The last post in this topic was posted 3711 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.