overpayed citi!! help!

The last post in this topic was posted 4419 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I screwed up a bt with a BOA card and ended up sending CITI 2,000 more than I owed. I'm pretty tight with funds right now and im worried that CITI will take their usual good time and it will take me 3-4 weeks to get my refund.

Anyone have any exp with getting a CITI refund? Could I use a Convenience Check from CITI to get the credit back into my checking account quicker?

• Admin

Log into your citi account, look under "service" and you will see "refund credit balance" - if they don't give you the option to transfer it to your checking account, you can take the option of having them mail you a check - it takes about 5 days from the date you request it. I've done this a lot - it's an easy way to do a balance transfer without having it look like a balance transfer. :D

Do not use a convenience check, you might be charged a fee for it. No fee for credit balance refund.

I screwed up a bt with a BOA card and ended up sending CITI 2,000 more than I owed. I'm pretty tight with funds right now and im worried that CITI will take their usual good time and it will take me 3-4 weeks to get my refund.

Anyone have any exp with getting a CITI refund? Could I use a Convenience Check from CITI to get the credit back into my checking account quicker?

On the UP-SIDE this was not AMEX you over paid

One time I did that on purpose and they tried to call it

AGAINST POLICY AND GROUNDS FOR ACCOUNT CLOSURE

I asked for that in writing 4 or 5 times

NEVER GOT IT (because it is a lie)

Edited by GEORGE

I have had CREDIT BALANCE CHECKS sent OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL (next day)

I have had them sent regular US MAIL and got them in 3 or 4 days

I have had them send a check 14th class (SPACE AVAILABLE) on the bike going across the country

(some guy was raising money for something)

I have had them say they must LEGALLY HOLD THE FUNDS FOR 12 WEEKS in case the payment was posted to the wrong account

:o

If you did it online you can cancel the transaction if they have not posted/processed it yet.

If you did it online you can cancel the transaction if they have not posted/processed it yet.

FALSE

The last post in this topic was posted 4419 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.