Sign in to follow this  
DragonFlyer

Menus and programs to feed entire family CHEAP each month

https://www.angelfoodministries.com/

This program is awesome. You can even Google some menu plans for the food from third party sites. Simple. Convenient. Cheap.

http://hillbillyhousewife.com/

You can feed a family of six including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack for $45 a week with nothing in your pantry to start with. I did it! The recipes may not be as "light" as I would like, but for those in financial straights, it works. They also have a $70 menu as well.

Just thought I would share...

Ok for the record. DragonFlyer gave me that link...........and the angel food ppl ROCK. i mean ROCK.

I got enough meat for the entire month for less than 75 bux. AND there are sides and stuff.

Thankfully my parents are helping out with this (however the program does take food stamps!!!!)........anyhow....for feb i got the meat kit, the sides kit, the fajita kit (meat sliced up for fajitas saves me work!!) and something else i can't remember for 90 dollars. and it's a lot of food.

I highly recommend it. and I appreciate dragonflyer a TON!

also. hillbillyhousewife..........they make a menu so you can use the angel food stuff........very cool! plus they have LOTS of recipes and money saving menu ideas.

In the situation my family is in, things like this and people with kind hearts like DragonFlyer have been such a huge help!!

HUGS TO ALL

angel foods is great! my husband was a bit leery but it was pretty good and my son really enjoyed the fajitas-- we do not eat a lot of red meat but otherwise no complaints. Reasonable quality food at a fraction of the cost.

No offense to Angel Food network at all. I can buy this stuff cheaper at the store. Maybe not all but most. Not good for just a family of 2.

No offense to Angel Food network at all. I can buy this stuff cheaper at the store. Maybe not all but most. Not good for just a family of 2.

Cost savings aside, it's a great way to have convenience and simplicity in your life. :dntknw: Finding the cheapest price on all the products would require a LOT of planning, shopping at different stores, etc. This way you can just pick the whole batch of food up and have your menu already planned. I like that!

no, but for larger families, it is a lifesaver sometimes :)

I think it really comes down to access and convenience. For example if you live near a Super Wal-Mart or similar supermarkets you can just go buy food cheaply without much planning needed. A lot of people don't, I assume.

Based on some of the menus I have seen on other sites ( maybe they have improved and no offense to Angel Food), the value was not that great and there is a lot of profit built-in to pay the family salaries.

That said, people could probably do a lot worse ( convenience stores, fast food,etc).

thanks for this thread, i checked out angel food and there is a site in my small town (whoda thunkit??) which is great, can not wait ti use them next month!!

Apparently Angel Food Ministries went out of business :(

Indeed they have. The owners have been indicted on federal charges.

Apparently Angel Food Ministries went out of business :(

Indeed they have. The owners have been indicted on federal charges.

One Harvest has a similar program that is still up and running, but it is only available in the southeast, and has fewer distribution locations.