Sign in to follow this  
GEORGE

IS IT STILL "JUST BUSINESS"

I was checking back over some of my old posts and wanted to know if GEORGE ever got over his problem with AMEX---and their ability to exercise their card agreement? After re-reading the posts, I liked this quote,

"

Methinks George was proud of his limits and the status he thinks it gave him. Losing it caused him to lose some stature in his own eyes. Any suffering is self imposed.

I wanted to add a postulate to the above quote, If one was as obsessed with making, saving and creating wealth as with obtaining CL increases, then he/she would not be devastated with the loss of a silly LOC.

That might go with the above theorem.

MADE UP REASONS LIKE--->"EXCESSIVE AVAILABLE CREDIT LIMITS"

(that were there during every approval)

I did not hold a gun to anybody's head for approval

IT IS NOT A LOGICAL REASON FOR A 96.1% CLD

DON'T GIVE IT "IF" YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE IT AWAY

**INDIAN GIVER** (just a saying--NO "P")

I worked for over 30 years for PERFECT CREDIT...a 96.1% CLD is an INSULT no matter how you cut it

Had I been late or over-limit or had bounced payments or other accounts that showed "BADDIES" THEY WOULD HAVE A LOGICAL REASON

THE "ECONOMY" IS NOT A GOOD REASON EITHER...since my "ECONOMY" is working fine

Underwriting standards have historically been fluid...the age of wretched excess is over however. If you are not using what has been given, don't expect it to stay around. So as always, YES, it IS still JUST BUSINESS...

I was checking back over some of my old posts and wanted to know if GEORGE ever got over his problem with AMEX---and their ability to exercise their card agreement? After re-reading the posts, I liked this quote,

"

Methinks George was proud of his limits and the status he thinks it gave him. Losing it caused him to lose some stature in his own eyes. Any suffering is self imposed.

I wanted to add a postulate to the above quote, If one was as obsessed with making, saving and creating wealth as with obtaining CL increases, then he/she would not be devastated with the loss of a silly LOC.

That might go with the above theorem.

MADE UP REASONS LIKE--->"EXCESSIVE AVAILABLE CREDIT LIMITS"

(that were there during every approval)

I did not hold a gun to anybody's head for approval

IT IS NOT A LOGICAL REASON FOR A 96.1% CLD

DON'T GIVE IT "IF" YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE IT AWAY

**INDIAN GIVER** (just a saying--NO "P")

I worked for over 30 years for PERFECT CREDIT...a 96.1% CLD is an INSULT no matter how you cut it

Had I been late or over-limit or had bounced payments or other accounts that showed "BADDIES" THEY WOULD HAVE A LOGICAL REASON

THE "ECONOMY" IS NOT A GOOD REASON EITHER...since my "ECONOMY" is working fine

GEORGE they make up all kind of reasons; they got one of my brothers and said it was because he did not pay off a BT within a year. He said he did not know he had to pay it off in a year. I have done BT's with Blue but luckily I was able to get rid of it before they got in trouble. He paid it off and closed it himself; he was only carrying it because it was a low rate from a high interest card.

Would you like to be given a $5/hour raise then have it taken away for NO reason???

Would you like to have somebody give you a car then take it back for NO reason???

Would you like to be fired for NO reason???

Bank re-po's your house for NO reason???

I understand that the credit limit is property of the bank...but shouldn't they have a GOOD REASON???

Edited by GEORGE

Would you like to be given a $5/hour raise then have it taken away for NO reason???

It would beat being told that your job just ceased to exist.

Would you like to have somebody give you a car then take it back for NO reason???

I'd be wondering why someone just GAVE me a car in the first place...that would be the first clue that strings were probably attached...

happens every day in at-will States...doesn't make it 'just' but it can and does happen and anyone working in those States KNOWS it when they took the job...

I understand that the credit limit is property of the bank...but shouldn't that have a GOOD REASON???

Neither requires a GOOD reason...both would have the reasons in the CONTRACT however, and unless the CONTRACTUAL basis does not exist for a change in condition, then the bank can do what they please...

As to credit cards and lines, there is no obligation for a bank to give credit lines that sit unused a majority of the time. One of these days, people might actually realize that and use what they have...

I understand that the credit limit is property of the bank...but shouldn't they have a GOOD REASON???

As a retail manger, have you *ever* blown off a customer with a phony reason, or do you ALWAYS patiently explain everything?

Edited by Uncle Leo