Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
Pam

Off-topic for holiday contest

I can't believe that there are no stories yet! Someone needs to post something or else I'm gonna post one of my gems and take that WS certificate for myself. MWAHAHAHAHHAHA

Don't think I don't have some good stories too. The local Fire Department is usually on standby when they know I'm cooking...

:angry:

I've got a good one but I can't figure out how to add pictures because it happened way many years ago. However, I'll figure something out.

I've got a good one but I can't figure out how to add pictures because it happened way many years ago. However, I'll figure something out.

ya don't HAVE to add pictures. They are just a bonus if you happen to have some. :dntknw:

ya don't HAVE to add pictures. They are just a bonus if you happen to have some. :lol:

I think I've figured out a way to get photos. In fact, I think I now have something to prove thanks to this contest. :blink:

By the way, remember my Le Crueset that I bought for cheap? Okay, two things. One they have a complete cooking set for around $150 - it's like four or five pieces. I have to walk in a wide circle around that aisle. Second, when my in-laws were out my FIL wanted to make pork loin. I gave him that dish to use and then headed out to do something. When I came back he was apologetic. He had placed it on the burners of the stove and it exploded into millions of pieces. I hadn't even used it yet. I was heartbroken. And all for a pork loin that he doused in italian dressing, his go to seasoning of choice. :rofl:

I personally don't cook... but my X about 5 years back decided to boil a turkey for T-day (we had some the previous year at his aunt's and it was delicious). He called her for the recipe and she told him to put oranges and brown sugar in the water and to let it boil/simmer for x amount of time. It smelled delicious... finally, time to eat. OMG, it was the most foul thing I have tasted. Ever. It was soooo insanely sweet that even RE-boiling it in plain water didn't help. Salsa, habaneros, sour cream. NOTHING worked. I tried. We threw out the whole thing.

It was beyond revolting.

:yahoo:

I am lmao off. I entered a story. but it was X, not me, so I won't be entered. Not that I cook anyway. OMG, I'm rolling just remembering.

I wanna know what the trouble was with the pudding.

Ahahaha, love both stories.

Since I'm ineligible, I will share here, plus it wasn't a holiday just a meal.

Back when I was younger, maybe 20?, I decided I was going to cook my first roasted chicken. I called mom, got the recipe to make the stuffing, defrosted the bird all that good stuff.

Take the chicken out of the wrapper, rinsed it, seasoned it and proceed to stuff it. It didn't take nearly as much stuffing as I thought it would, so I threw the rest in a baking dish.

Threw the chicken in the oven all proud and such, my ex was even impressed.

Short while later we noticed the smell of plastic, but we lived in an apartment building and there had been a kitchen fire in one of the apartments a few weeks earlier so occasionally weird smells would waft into our place.

Got all the fixins ready, made up the table, took out the roasted chicken and started to prep to serve.

I went to scoop out the stuffing and out came this big blob.

Since I had NEVER cooked a whole chicken before I was blissfully unaware of the plastic bag inside that contained the neck and giblets. B)

Needless to say we had no chicken for dinner that night.

The fixins were great though. :lol:

Ahahaha, love both stories.

Since I'm ineligible, I will share here, plus it wasn't a holiday just a meal.

Back when I was younger, maybe 20?, I decided I was going to cook my first roasted chicken. I called mom, got the recipe to make the stuffing, defrosted the bird all that good stuff.

Take the chicken out of the wrapper, rinsed it, seasoned it and proceed to stuff it. It didn't take nearly as much stuffing as I thought it would, so I threw the rest in a baking dish.

Threw the chicken in the oven all proud and such, my ex was even impressed.

Short while later we noticed the smell of plastic, but we lived in an apartment building and there had been a kitchen fire in one of the apartments a few weeks earlier so occasionally weird smells would waft into our place.

Got all the fixins ready, made up the table, took out the roasted chicken and started to prep to serve.

I went to scoop out the stuffing and out came this big blob.

Since I had NEVER cooked a whole chicken before I was blissfully unaware of the plastic bag inside that contained the neck and giblets. B)

Needless to say we had no chicken for dinner that night.

The fixins were great though. :lol:

Same thing happened to my wife. Except it was a Turkey and it was Thanksgiving, our first at home together.

She called her mom, who's since passed, and was so proud, her mom was like "you did take the two bags out of the Turkey before you put it into the oven.....right ?"

We still laugh to this day about it.

My story. . .

All I can say is never have a teething crying 10 month old pulling on your leg while trying to make gravy and a glaze for your bundt cake and ask the father of your child to pass you the corn starch and he passes you the confectionary (sp?) sugar which you proceed to dump into the gravy fixin's. . . that's all I'm sayin!

Edited by Creditchick

My story. . .

All I can say is never have a teething crying 10 month old pulling on your leg while trying to make gravy and a glaze for your bundt cake and ask the father of your child to pass you the corn starch and he passes you the confectionary (sp?) sugar which you proceed to dump into the gravy fixin's. . . that's all I'm sayin!

:rofl:

You need to post this in the contest section!

Savemanatees... :cry2::D:rofl:

Oh My God... I'm two paragraphs in on this one and we've already got fire and liquor...I think I can see where this is going... :lol: Ok...back to reading

Savemanatees... :rolleyes::):rofl:

+10000000000000000000000000

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I told Thor about that post and he died. I'll bet no one let's her near matches or booze now. :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks guys.....someone Pm'ed me stating the elements: fire,alcohol, celebrity and front page news was going to be hard to beat.

My reply was it was sorta' the cooking version of sex, drugs and rock and roll!

My best friend read the post and told me she almost wet her pants......and she was THERE when it happened at Thanksgiving in 1991!

The story has taken on a life of its own.....and it always comes up every year at BOTH Thanksgiving & Christmas.

BTW The Jeff Goldblum movie was one of the worst I've ever watched "Father and Sons." But I have the tape as all my kids and step kids were 'extras.' Rosanna Arquette was in it as well. The crew babysat her as she had an infamous drug habit at the time.

So you can see what a unending source of family lore this has become!

Enjoy!

sm

Sorry, guys - setting it up now. I've been sick and not online much..

so THAT'S where you've been! :ph34r:

Get better Pam!!