Sign in to follow this  
lupoman

TRIGGER HAPPY!

Thanks Marcus! means a Lot coming from you!! There was a lot of strategy involved, and most of it exactly what you said. The Cap One will be a card of last resort, but being in the Army I do find myself out of the country a lot lol.

Edited by lupoman

Its so fun to be in a position where you dont care when AMEX does this to you!!!! Ok some of the credit limits I listed are a bit embellished lol. But this is the actual emails I sent AMEX

After 4 years of never having a late payment, over $60,000 dollars of transactions, and I don't know how much money you have made off of that $60,000 in Interest, You reward me with Lowering my credit Limit to $1,100 from $15,000??!!!!! My household income is $239,000, $107,000 of that is my own! How am I supposed to do my $5,000+ per month in expenditures? Well that's an easy question to answer, I may use my $25,000 limit Master card with cash rewards, or perhaps my $15,000 limit Ameriprise world elite card, or my $25,000 any airline miles reward card, or maybe even my Discover Card with a $6,000 limit, Better yet, I still have two OTHER CO-Branded AMEX cards! But one thing is for sure, My beloved Delta AMEX card has been kicked out of my wallet, it is no longer my primary card, and now finds its home in my underwear drawer. It will now get to see the light of day once every three months for a bag of chips and a Coke at the Gas station, maybe even a Hotdog. Then it will be placed back in its home- in the underwear drawer. Oh and that AMEX Gold Card you just approved me for less than 2 weeks ago- It will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before I use that Card. Two can play at this game, for being a loyal customer you do this? Well for being the worst credit card company in terms of customer service and loyalty, that's what you will get- Garbage in- Garbage out. Restore my credit limit and I will remain the loyal customer I have always been, leave it at two trips to COSTCO limit, and you will lose more money and my business.

Whoever thought of your "Internal scoring" method needs his/her head examined. You really need to take a second look at it, especially when you are losing your most loyal, and best customer base.

Dear Lupoman,

You recently contacted American Express Interactive Servicing Support regarding a change made to your Cardmember account.

Regrettably, due to the sensitive nature of requests involving account-related decisions, I am unable to directly assist you at this time via email. Our Account Services Group requests the opportunity to speak with you directly about your account; a representative is available at your convenience, 24 hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, and may be reached at 1-800-842-5303 or 1-336-393-1111.

While Interactive Servicing Support is unable to help you further with this specific request, we can assist you with most other issues and take pride in delivering to valued Cardmembers such as yourself extraordinary customer care. Please consult us again if there is something else that you need from American Express Company.

Thank you for being our Cardmember. It is an honor to service you.

Sincerely,

INDIAN GUY FROM INDIA

Manager, Email Servicing Team

American Express Interactive Services

Dear INDIAN GUY FROM INDIA,

You recently contacted me regarding a change made to my Cardmember account.

Regrettably, due to your inability to do anything, not even forward my request to anyone, I will no longer be an American Express user. American Express did not feel the need to contact me in regards to lowering my credit limit except by email, why should I go the extra mile and call you? Again garbage in �€“ garbage out. The only phone call you will receive from me is one canceling my account.

If Interactive Servicing Support is unable to help me further with this specific request, what other issues could I possibly need taken care of? If you really "take pride in delivering to valued Cardmembers such as myself extraordinary customer care"� I sure didn't see it, and if lowering my credit limit is your idea "extraordinary customer care"� Then I think I have all the "customer care"� I can handle.

Remember this is MY Money we are talking about. Not OUR money. I can spend MY money where I want, when I want, and HOW I want. I don't need your "scoring Models" to tell me where or how, or decide if I am High Risk. Let my past Payment History decide that. Who are you to tell me how to spend my $239,000 yearly household income?

Your welcome for me being your Cardmember, It WAS an honor to be one. I was planning on keeping this card in my underwear drawer, but after this "extraordinary customer care"�, I think my wife's panty drawer will be better suited for the card.

Sincerely,

LUPOMAN

Soon to be EX-Card holder unless you restore my limit.

You're not dealing with people from India if you have a consumer card. You are dealing with folks in the U.S. I like the racist undertone, though. And the comment about the panty drawer . . . You're sexist, too?

As to $60,000 in transactions over 4 years, that averages to $15,000 per year. That's a little more than $1,000 per month. Do you really think that's a lot of money? Based on other information you posted here, Amex had 20% of your wallet, at best. So much for your loyalty, eh? Why should you be treated better than anyone else exactly?

Most people with a large number of inquiries are looking for credit because they need it. You're not, but how is an issuer to know that? Doesn't this sound like a problem of assymetric information?

Others on this board may laud your approach, but you kind of sound like a spoiled brat to me. Garbage in, garbage out, indeed.

Edited by sideswipa

LoL well seems they have a policy that they must have the last email. They have sent it to a "manager" now, who interestingly enough, has the same job title lol.

Here is the Latest, New Indian guy!!

Dear LUPOMAN,

Thank you for your follow up e-mail. I am a Manager with Email Servicing team and I completely understand your concern regarding this matter.

As much as we would like to assist you through e-mail, please be advised due to the sensitive nature of requests involving account-related decisions, please be advised, E-mail Servicing Team is not authorized to handle issues that are being reviewed by our Account Services Department or forward e-mails to Accounts Services Department as they are not set up to correspond by e-mail.Therefore, we kindly request you to contact them directly at 1-800-842-5303 or 1-336-393-1111 (24 hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week).While we are unable to help you further with this specific request, we can assist you with other issues you may have on your account.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

New Indian Guy

Dear New Indian Guy,

Thank you for your follow up e-mail. That’s funny, Old Indian Guy had the same title “Manager, Email Servicing Team†and he was no help at all. But after reading your response, its just a virtual cut and paste of his response. Which I will cut and paste the same answer back “American Express did not feel the need to contact me in regards to lowering my credit limit except by email, why should I go the extra mile and call you?â€

We can send these cut and paste e-mails all day long! Your going to get the same cut and paste answer back from me as long as you keep sending the same answer back. Again garbage in – garbage out.

According to MY “scoring modelâ€, American Express is a Risky company to do business with and until they are able to raise their score in my scoring model by restoring my credit limit, American Express’s business relationship with me has been reduced to a Hotdog purchase every three months.

Remember, I don’t need your business, but you need loyal, consistent customers.

I look forward to you restoring my credit, but not hearing the same thing cut and pasted on every email. Your customer feedback rating will look like Old Indian Guy’s if it does.

Sincerely,

LUPOMAN

:lol::)

As to $60,000 in transactions over 4 years, that averages to $15,000 per year. That's a little more than $1,000 per month. Do you really think that's a lot of money?

I'm not going to even address the first few lines of this post. :lol:

BUT to what I've quoted above... YES $15K per year per customer is a LOT in THIS economy. Multiply Lupoman by thousands of other ticked off customers who DO have good credit and have been loyal, good customers and you have a shrinking customer base. In your attempt to think big you're thinking small. Lupoman isn't the only one who is sockdrawering their dayum card. :)

As to $60,000 in transactions over 4 years, that averages to $15,000 per year. That's a little more than $1,000 per month. Do you really think that's a lot of money?

I'm not going to even address the first few lines of this post. :)

BUT to what I've quoted above... YES $15K per year per customer is a LOT in THIS economy. Multiply Lupoman by thousands of other ticked off customers who DO have good credit and have been loyal, good customers and you have a shrinking customer base. In your attempt to think big you're thinking small. Lupoman isn't the only one who is sockdrawering their dayum card. :P

"YES $15K per year per customer is a LOT in THIS economy." I disagree. It's not a lot from an Amex perspective. But it may be a lot from a CapOne perspective.

" . . . loyal, good customers . . ." That's the problem. Most financial services companies define loyalty by share of wallet metrics. Why should a company be loyal to someone who only gives it, at most, 20% of his business? Other customers give it more and are worth the extra effort to save.

"Lupoman isn't the only one who is sockdrawering their dayum card." I know . . . but doesn't it seem like a backward argument to make? Let's not put anything the card in protest until Amex raises the limit. What incentive does the company have to raise the limit for someone who doesn't use the card . . . and who just got tens of thousands of dollars in new credit from other issuers? And to someone who revolves, thereby presenting more of a risk?

If you do the math, assuming that Amex makes $.02 on every dollar, that $15K per year is average, and that the default rate for average customers in the current environment is 8%, then it makes sense why Amex . . . and others . . . are trying to limit their exposure.

Edited by sideswipa

Will be interesting to see how much of a ding you take on your FICO's with the INQ's and new accounts reporting.

But congradulations on your approvals.

Its so fun to be in a position where you dont care when AMEX does this to you!!!! Ok some of the credit limits I listed are a bit embellished lol. But this is the actual emails I sent AMEX

After 4 years of never having a late payment, over $60,000 dollars of transactions, and I don't know how much money you have made off of that $60,000 in Interest, You reward me with Lowering my credit Limit to $1,100 from $15,000??!!!!! My household income is $239,000, $107,000 of that is my own! How am I supposed to do my $5,000+ per month in expenditures? Well that's an easy question to answer, I may use my $25,000 limit Master card with cash rewards, or perhaps my $15,000 limit Ameriprise world elite card, or my $25,000 any airline miles reward card, or maybe even my Discover Card with a $6,000 limit, Better yet, I still have two OTHER CO-Branded AMEX cards! But one thing is for sure, My beloved Delta AMEX card has been kicked out of my wallet, it is no longer my primary card, and now finds its home in my underwear drawer. It will now get to see the light of day once every three months for a bag of chips and a Coke at the Gas station, maybe even a Hotdog. Then it will be placed back in its home- in the underwear drawer. Oh and that AMEX Gold Card you just approved me for less than 2 weeks ago- It will be a COLD DAY IN HELL before I use that Card. Two can play at this game, for being a loyal customer you do this? Well for being the worst credit card company in terms of customer service and loyalty, that's what you will get- Garbage in- Garbage out. Restore my credit limit and I will remain the loyal customer I have always been, leave it at two trips to COSTCO limit, and you will lose more money and my business.

Whoever thought of your "Internal scoring" method needs his/her head examined. You really need to take a second look at it, especially when you are losing your most loyal, and best customer base.

Dear Lupoman,

You recently contacted American Express Interactive Servicing Support regarding a change made to your Cardmember account.

Regrettably, due to the sensitive nature of requests involving account-related decisions, I am unable to directly assist you at this time via email. Our Account Services Group requests the opportunity to speak with you directly about your account; a representative is available at your convenience, 24 hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, and may be reached at 1-800-842-5303 or 1-336-393-1111.

While Interactive Servicing Support is unable to help you further with this specific request, we can assist you with most other issues and take pride in delivering to valued Cardmembers such as yourself extraordinary customer care. Please consult us again if there is something else that you need from American Express Company.

Thank you for being our Cardmember. It is an honor to service you.

Sincerely,

INDIAN GUY FROM INDIA

Dear INDIAN GUY FROM INDIA,

You recently contacted me regarding a change made to my Cardmember account.

Regrettably, due to your inability to do anything, not even forward my request to anyone, I will no longer be an American Express user. American Express did not feel the need to contact me in regards to lowering my credit limit except by email, why should I go the extra mile and call you? Again garbage in �€“ garbage out. The only phone call you will receive from me is one canceling my account.

If Interactive Servicing Support is unable to help me further with this specific request, what other issues could I possibly need taken care of? If you really "take pride in delivering to valued Cardmembers such as myself extraordinary customer care"� I sure didn't see it, and if lowering my credit limit is your idea "extraordinary customer care"� Then I think I have all the "customer care"� I can handle.

Remember this is MY Money we are talking about. Not OUR money. I can spend MY money where I want, when I want, and HOW I want. I don't need your "scoring Models" to tell me where or how, or decide if I am High Risk. Let my past Payment History decide that. Who are you to tell me how to spend my $239,000 yearly household income?

Your welcome for me being your Cardmember, It WAS an honor to be one. I was planning on keeping this card in my underwear drawer, but after this "extraordinary customer care"�, I think my wife's panty drawer will be better suited for the card.

Sincerely,

LUPOMAN

You're not dealing with people from India if you have a consumer card. You are dealing with folks in the U.S. I like the racist undertone, though. And the comment about the panty drawer . . . You're sexist, too?

As to $60,000 in transactions over 4 years, that averages to $15,000 per year. That's a little more than $1,000 per month. Do you really think that's a lot of money? Based on other information you posted here, Amex had 20% of your wallet, at best. So much for your loyalty, eh? Why should you be treated better than anyone else exactly?

Most people with a large number of inquiries are looking for credit because they need it. You're not, but how is an issuer to know that? Doesn't this sound like a problem of assymetric information?

Others on this board may laud your approach, but you kind of sound like a spoiled brat to me. Garbage in, garbage out, indeed.

Ok Sideswipa I'll humor you and go through this again since you only joined in March of this year and do not know me. One thing I am not is racist. I am calling them "guys from india, because Both of their names are of Indian decent, one in paticular is a name found in the Kashmir region and also the Gujarat region. I am not sure of the second, because its a common last name in India. I am in Afghanistan, in particular Kabul. There is a large Indian Population here and I work with them and they gather Intel for us. Its part of my job to know as much about the people gathering the intel, as well as the people they are gathering intel about.

$60,000 is a lot of money to me, if its not to you, more power to you, its all relative. AMEX was not my only card mind you, they had a portion, in fact my main expenditures went through them because of the miles.

Again you don't know me, I am no noob that joined in March of 2008. You can keep your spoiled brat comments to yourself. We help each other here, not call each other names like a child.

Judge not, least you be judged. In my personal experience the first person to start screaming racism is usually racist themselves. "Dont complain about the straw in your neighbors eye, when there is a rafter in your own"

EDIT: PS Sorry took so long for me to answer, I was busy protecting your right to post stupid crap like you did.

also its information asymmetry, and yes it is, one person does have all the information.

Sexist??!!! LOL My wife would laugh her $%^ off in your face on that one!!

Edited by lupoman

Thanks again all!!!

And especially Thanks to Kona!! She doesn't visit often, But everyone is happy when they see her!!

Great job! Now begins the job of monitoring and protecting what you have!

Nice to see you drop by, Kona ...

Congrats!

Those emails are great ;)

Thank you for your service

Edited by sarg