Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?

Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?

• Yes, DEBIT requires him to not overspend
    • YES, credit cards are evil
    • NO, he should ONLY use cash (15% cash discounts)
    • NO, DEBIT cards suck
    • what is a DEBIT card?

You should go with subprime CASH before you go with DEBIT.

After all, say your cash is stolen...you're only out the cash.

If your debit card is stolen your checking account could be wiped out.

but isn't debit what all the smart people use?

or cash used by the MENSA members?

sooooo confusing...

Credit is best but if i got an offer for 10-15% cash discount i would make an exception

Target told me NO to my request for 15% off my paper towels today. :cry2:

Im surprised you found a Target store open at all today being that it IS Thanksgiving and all..... :lol:

sooooo confusing...

And what about people who have bad credit or low limits, are they stupid as you are insinuating? :cry2:

I voted for what is a DEBIT card? because I was never special enough to need or want one I guess...I wanted to be different

I think you're safe.

Credit is best but if i got an offer for 10-15% cash discount i would make an exception
Target told me NO to my request for 15% off my paper towels today. :cry2:
Im surprised you found a Target store open at all today being that it IS Thanksgiving and all..... :lol:

Doh! :P

sooooo confusing...

And what about people who have bad credit or low limits, are they stupid as you are insinuating? B)

:) the people who yell at me about how great debit and cash are are the ones who seem to think credit cards are stupid. where did I say people with bad credit are stupid? are you just assuming too much again? or just looking to bait me like some power hungry types around here?

I sure hope you voted in the poll because I need the input from people who are wiser than me.

ETA: before jumping on ME...don't forget where I've been. just because you or others might want to think otherwise, I am full of empathy for others on this issue.

Edited by hegemony

Are you talking about debit as in MAC, Meastro, or NYCE or are you refering to Visa or MC check cards on the Cirrus network?

You'll have to ask someone smarter than me.

Target told me NO to my request for 15% off my paper towels today. B)

Im surprised you found a Target store open at all today being that it IS Thanksgiving and all..... :)

I guess that explains the strange look from the rent-a-cop.

Debit cards are great. I get .0045% in rewards from my bank, and they only charge me a $25 annual fee to participate in the reward program!

Debit cards are great. I get .0045% in rewards from my bank, and they only charge me a $25 annual fee to participate in the reward program!

wow. what bank? I need one of those great debit cards! :rolleyes:

You should also only ride a bicycle before you drive your car.

If your car is stolen, then it would defiantly suck.

I'd disagree with that- because VISA/MC do offer at least some basic protections on visa/mc debit cards, as do some of the better banks and CU's. You will eventually get your stolen money back. Cash OTOH- if it's gone it's gone.

I hear debit is so great. I figure I should switch. right?

Not until you've sold your cars (nevermind if they're paid off- sell them anyway) and sold your house in favor of renting.

Once you have accomplished those "baby steps" you are ready for the leap to debit.

I'd disagree with that- because VISA/MC do offer at least some basic protections on visa/mc debit cards, as do some of the better banks and CU's. You will eventually get your stolen money back. Cash OTOH- if it's gone it's gone.

...but checks that BOUNCE won't un-bounce

The people who you wrote checks to DON'T CARE why the checks bounced...they just want their money YESTERDAY

...but checks that BOUNCE won't un-bounce

The people who you wrote checks to DON'T CARE why the checks bounced...they just want their money YESTERDAY

I'm talking cash V. debit, George. If your cash is stolen you won't be paying those bills either, no?

On the one hand, most people don't carry *all* their money with them as cash (though we know Heg always gives 110% effort, so he will :rofl: ), so if they lose it or get robbed, they usually won't lose everything.

On the other hand, while a bank account can be completely drained, you can usually get it all back, but it sometimes takes time. The one time I had to count on something like that the bank was great and did give it back immediately, but it's not always that easy.

On the one hand, most people don't carry *all* their money with them as cash (though we know Heg always gives 110% effort, so he will :rofl: ), so if they lose it or get robbed, they usually won't lose everything.

Assuming you are on a truly "all cash" basis, you'd have to carry large amounts of cash with you on bill-paying day. Hopefully you won't get robbed on the way to the post office to buy money orders.

sooooo confusing...

And what about people who have bad credit or low limits, are they stupid as you are insinuating? :rofl:

:huh: the people who yell at me about how great debit and cash are are the ones who seem to think credit cards are stupid. where did I say people with bad credit are stupid? are you just assuming too much again? or just looking to bait me like some power hungry types around here?

I sure hope you voted in the poll because I need the input from people who are wiser than me.

ETA: before jumping on ME...don't forget where I've been. just because you or others might want to think otherwise, I am full of empathy for others on this issue.

Again? When did I assume too much? What are you talking about?

"but isn't debit what all the smart people use?

or cash used by the MENSA members?"

That speaks for itself. :o

I'm thinking of switching to buttons. They are constantly falling off of my shirts. And when I buy new clothes, I always get some spare ones. Today I'm going to the market and I'm going to buy my groceries with buttons. I have a big, fancy gold one that should net me some prime rib! :rofl:

Target told me NO to my request for 15% off my paper towels today. :rofl:

Im surprised you found a Target store open at all today being that it IS Thanksgiving and all..... :huh:

:o

Assuming you are on a truly "all cash" basis, you'd have to carry large amounts of cash with you on bill-paying day. Hopefully you won't get robbed on the way to the post office to buy money orders.

This is when Cash Manties come in handy. You wear your cash next to your bottom and take of bills as needed. By the end of the day, you may be commando, but no on has gone down your pants to steal your cash.

Target told me NO to my request for 15% off my paper towels today. :rofl:

Im surprised you found a Target store open at all today being that it IS Thanksgiving and all..... :huh:

:o

:lol:

There's your problem. You should have gone to CVS. They were open yesterday

This is when Cash Manties come in handy. You wear your cash next to you bottom and take of bills as needed. By the end of the day, you may be commando, but no on has gone down your pants to steal your cash.

I think if I were going to be "all cash all the time" I'd do all pennies. Just think, I could cancel my gym membership because the workout I'd get from lugging all those pennies around would take the place of my gym membership. I could also annoy snotty cashiers by making them count out my pennies.

I think if I were going to be "all cash all the time" I'd do all pennies. Just think, I could cancel my gym membership because the workout I'd get from lugging all those pennies around would take the place of my gym membership. I could also annoy snotty cashiers by making them count out my pennies.

Losing weight and building muscle are a REWARD....

:rofl::huh: