Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?

Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hegemony Switch to DEBIT?

• Yes, DEBIT requires him to not overspend
    • YES, credit cards are evil
    • NO, he should ONLY use cash (15% cash discounts)
    • NO, DEBIT cards suck
    • what is a DEBIT card?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When GEORGE was on another forum s/he wasn't that COLORFUL of uses FONTS or utilized giant ALPHABETS... It's a long time ago, while @vacation resuscitate this thread to visually show a kind person GEO

has everyone voted?? I really want community input in this critical decision. TIA!

Dear Sir or Madam:   I hope this message finds you well. I am recently back on CreditBoards after a hiatus of over a decade. In this time, I have moved several states, in and out of several

DEBIT cards offer very little benefit, actually. You can still overdraw your account with them and rack up exorbitant fees. Personally, I think it should be illegal for a bank to charge a $35 overdraft fee for your debit card overdrawing your account by a $1. (Note, this has happened to me...) I have had many arguments with the bank about the way they process debits, show your debits online, and the whole process of how the POS merchant controls the process and can tie up your bank account forever, if they want.

Besides, with the economy going to hell in a handbasket, might be safer to go cash only.

JMO...

I'm voting YES to debit card, just because OP is hegemony :lol:

hegemony should be our official guinea pig in the experiment to see whether a credit-savvy consumer can withstand the dangers of debit cards for a reasonably long period of time. :rolleyes:

sounds good. I keep getting yelled at about how debit is so much better than credit cards. these people are surely smarter than me and I should ask how high when they say jump.