Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly Bear

HH Gregg

HH Gregg in Raleigh, NC is requiring ID. My wife informed me of this today. when I called to complain, the sales manager was clueless/apathetic, didn't understand how it doesn't protect us. "I'm sorry you don't appreciate being protected". I emailed corporate. We'll go from there.

Edited by Grizzly Bear

HH Gregg in Raleigh, NC is requiring ID. My wife informed me of this today. when I called to complain, the sales manager was clueless/apathetic, didn't understand how it doesn't protect us. "I'm sorry you don't appreciate being protected". I emailed corporate. We'll go from there.

I did not THEFT the card

You are trying to PROTECT me from what???

HH Gregg in Raleigh, NC is requiring ID.

Completely prohibited and outrageous! Merchants cannot make ID a condition of acceptance. Immediately call 1-800-VISA-911. Make sure that horribly behaving HH Gregg shapes-up and never asks for ID again.

Never show ID for credit card purchases.

No ID required for credit card purchases. Merchants cannot require ID.

If a merchant tries to require ID, immediately call 1-800-VISA-911 to ensure they never do again.

VISA: 1-800-VISA-911

MasterCard: 1-800-300-3069

Also easily report merchant violations online:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/c...violations.html

Check the box that says "Merchant required ID"

Never show ID for credit card purchases.

No ID required for credit card purchases.

Make sure your community is 100% violation-free. :good:

wow, it took you six months to work up your outrage enough to once again do nothing more than bump a thread and insert the cut and paste text?

wow, it took you six months to work up your outrage enough to once again do nothing more than bump a thread and insert the cut and paste text?

<_<

Let me apologize in advance for bringing back to life an old thread. I was doing a search for HH Gregg and didn't realize my results had pulled up posts so old.

I am curious - why is it bad to show ID when purchasing something with a credit card?

ETA: NEVER MIND! I found a thread explaining it. Thanks!

Edited by GaPeach

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

1. JessieLyn
      JessieLyn
    2. LalaPed
      LalaPed
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mekarobinson
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines