Walmart CLD

Dena

The last post in this topic was posted 5142 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I am really getting tired of these banks...I had a walmart card for like 2 1/2 years a mere $400 limit..I was gonna go there today and use my card which I havent used in a long time to get tires...I log in and they chopped my limit to a strange $124...I am just fed up I called and the guy says you havent used your card this year...yeah so? Bc I dont owe you money you decrease my limit? CLOSE it I told him..I am just finished with all these crazy banks..Forgive me for not being in debt to you, thats a good reason to lower my limit. I said I was going to use my card today but you just lost a sale so hope that works out well for all the customers you screw over...SO soon I will be rid of Amex completely too...who is next? hmmmm time will tell! stay tuned!

I am really getting tired of these banks...I had a walmart card for like 2 1/2 years a mere $400 limit..I was gonna go there today and use my card which I havent used in a long time to get tires...I log in and they chopped my limit to a strange $124...I am just fed up I called and the guy says you havent used your card this year...yeah so? Bc I dont owe you money you decrease my limit? CLOSE it I told him..I am just finished with all these crazy banks..Forgive me for not being in debt to you, thats a good reason to lower my limit. I said I was going to use my card today but you just lost a sale so hope that works out well for all the customers you screw over...SO soon I will be rid of Amex completely too...who is next? hmmmm time will tell! stay tuned!

I wrote a story last weekend about Walmart showing up on my CLD radar. According to what my Google traffic is telling me, it's Macy's, Citibank, Walmart, Chase, and American Express (of course).

Bank of America has been extremely quiet (or at least people who are getting CLDs from BOA are not finding me that way).

I am just fed up I called and the guy says you havent used your card this year...yeah so? Bc I dont owe you money you decrease my limit?

I doubt they CLD'd because you didn't carry a balance or as you say "owe them money". You were CLD'd for non-use.

You didn't use the card.... why are you surprised??

I am just fed up I called and the guy says you havent used your card this year...yeah so? Bc I dont owe you money you decrease my limit?

I doubt they CLD'd because you didn't carry a balance or as you say "owe them money". You were CLD'd for non-use.

You didn't use the card.... why are you surprised??

Why am I surprised? I did use the card I just havent used it this year. If that is their methodology then close the account dont use the CLD bit because that to me serves no purpose they still are paying to maintain my account no? Dont give me the BS and jump all over me...Im really not in the mood and sick of some of the people on here who are nothing but negative...I guess I wont post here anymore....BYE!

Edited by Dena

Cheapest way to keep it active: $0.92 and 2-3 online minutes at Walmart.com. No driving and gas involved, no waiting in line, and no shipping and handling charges. $0.88 cents (+$0.04 tax) for one of them online music downloads.

I spent that much for the last 8-12 months. Hopefully they'll leave my 2.8K CL on the store card alone. Card's magnetic strip is defective, and I didn't bother calling in for replacement. Find the card pretty much useless, but am keeping it since it is 3+ years old and the oldest "active" revolving CL on my report!

Find the card pretty much useless, but am keeping it since it is 3+ years old and the oldest "active" revolving CL on my report!

I'd dump it. Your history with the card will stay on your CRAs for years. I've often trashed cards with much longer history and haven't seen any decrease in my FICOs. Of course, I'm not a sock drawer kind of gal :lol: ..............

Find the card pretty much useless, but am keeping it since it is 3+ years old and the oldest "active" revolving CL on my report!

I'd dump it. Your history with the card will stay on your CRAs for years. I've often trashed cards with much longer history and haven't seen any decrease in my FICOs. Of course, I'm not a sock drawer kind of gal :lol: ..............

In fact, I feel that the Wally card is not worthy of smelling them socks/jocks in my drawers... Will call them to up the limit a bit higher. Or the highway, will it go!

I'd dump it. Your history with the card will stay on your CRAs for years. I've often trashed cards with much longer history and haven't seen any decrease in my FICOs. Of course, I'm not a sock drawer kind of gal :P ..............

In fact, I feel that the Wally card is not worthy of smelling them socks/jocks in my drawers... Will call them to up the limit a bit higher. Or the highway, will it go!

what kind of rewards structure do the walmart gemb card have??? the answer is reason enough to consider closing it.

CULLING ON THE WAY. A $500 Visa from some second-chance bank. GONE. 2.8K Citi Driver's Edge MC. GONE. 4.8K HSBC MC. GONE. Wally card, considering.... Indeed, no real rewards offered.

OP, I'm sure your other creditors won't be as bad as Wally. Good luck!

IMHO, all bets are off right now. Regardless of how good your credit is, how little your DTI is, how much you make... I can foresee people getting CLDs and closures for no reason at all.

Sure we'll still be upset when it happens to us instead of someone else. This is one reason that I am sure glad that I diversified when I was adding new TLs, not that I had any of this in mind when I did it...

DOES IT REALLY (for a fact) COST MONEY TO KEEP THE ACCOUNT OPEN???

(even if unused)

It is not like they are sending you a statement each month for $0.00

it does cost money to maintain accounts. For one, they need to have enough capitalization to handle the amount of open credit limits (this is regulated but also something investors are looking at closely these days).

DOES IT REALLY (for a fact) COST MONEY TO KEEP THE ACCOUNT OPEN???

(even if unused)

It is not like they are sending you a statement each month for $0.00

it does cost money to maintain accounts. For one, they need to have enough capitalization to handle the amount of open credit limits (this is regulated but also something investors are looking at closely these days).

...AND HOW MUCH DO THEY MAKE WHEN THE CUSTOMER CLOSES THE ACCOUNT(s)

I know not everybody takes a CLD as an insult...but some also get a CLD to under a usable amount

(especially when somebody doesn't want to use over 10%)

So you had $10,000 and would use up to $1,000 in a month

CLD to $1,000

Use 10% now you can only spend $100 in a month

(not even 2 tanks of gas or 1 weeks groceries)

IMHO, all bets are off right now. Regardless of how good your credit is, how little your DTI is, how much you make... I can foresee people getting CLDs and closures for no reason at all.

Sure we'll still be upset when it happens to us instead of someone else. This is one reason that I am sure glad that I diversified when I was adding new TLs, not that I had any of this in mind when I did it...

DO THEY GET PAID $$$$$$$$$$$$$ TO DO CLD's?????????????

Sure wouldn't make me spend more (if I even kept the account(s) open)

Edited by GEORGE

I believe this is partly behind the Amex CLDs - the commercial paper market locked up and they couldn't afford it if every ran up their cards.

Edited by toopooor

I believe this is partly behind the Amex CLDs - the commercial paper market locked up and they couldn't afford it if every ran up their cards.

I agree this is a large part of amex's trouble.

I agree this is a large part of amex's trouble.

PAYING INTEREST (over 0.00%) ON AMEX REWARDS CARDS...devalues the reward...or totally eliminates it

Dena,

I am really sorry to hear about this, and most of us know how AA feels so we can empathize with how you're feeling. The most disturbing factor in these GEMB CLDs is that the CL was low to begin with and was decreased instead of just closed. Do they really think $124 is enough of a credit line for anybody above the age of 18? Its almost more of an insult than just closing the line.

I would have closed it as well after that. I think in a few days you'll be laughing about it. After all, it is wally world. Only perk I can think of is the free cash advances when checking out. Not worth losing sleep over.

The last post in this topic was posted 5142 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.