Sign in to follow this  
sunmicroman

The CLD Master Thread

I don't know if this has been done yet, but with all the CLD's running rampant as of late, I thought I'd create a thread for people to list their CLDs (and reasons they were given, if so inclined). It will be interesting to see which banks seem to be most on the rampage (I know AMEX will be one for sure). Here is mine this year:

AMEX Blue - $10k - $800, was right above balance. Can't recall exactly what the reasons were, but I think it was a child support late that I made current, but hadn't reported current yet.

Discover Motiva (AU on wife's account) - $3k - $1k, right above balance. Reasons given were too many cards with balances, I think.

Paypal MC (GEMB) - $1300 - $300, was right above balance. Reasons given were too many cards with balance or something.

Walmart Discover (GEMB) $5250 - $100. No balance on card. Have not received AA letter yet.

None yet but I fully expect to see some before this is all over. I've taken a defensive strategy of only allowing two accounts to report balances, a couple of other accounts I use every month are PIF before the statement closes.

Oops wrong thread...none to date though.

LFTM posted here? I don't see the post.

Sorry I moved my aggravation to the proper thread. :lol:

I'm sure she will make an appearance in this thread soon. :lol:

Transferring all my balances to business side (Bank Atlantic). Hopefully I won't ever see any AA.

I have been unlucky over the past 2 months for not catching my balances before they report. ;)

As mentioned elsewhere, two CLDs from Neiman Marcus and two from Macy's. The Macy's is due to having been late by one day; the NM appears to be a reaction to Macy's.

As mentioned elsewhere, two CLDs from Neiman Marcus and two from Macy's. The Macy's is due to having been late by one day; the NM appears to be a reaction to Macy's.

I missed your NM thread. What did they do? Isn't that ran by HSBC?

Oops wrong thread...none to date though.

LFTM posted here? I don't see the post.

Sorry I moved my aggravation to the proper thread. :)

I'm sure she will make an appearance in this thread soon. :dntknw:

Here, I'll handle it:

"Always PIF and you won't have to worry about .... "

zzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:yahoo:

I love it when someone comes along and makes a MASTER/MOTHER thread.

Edited by KYBOSH

Within a few days we will see a few for Macy's VISA account holders. Some significant changes are looming....primarily for VISA account holders with derogs, recent late payments on their Macys VISA account, or inactivity for long periods of time.

I was CLDed to $805 and later to $605. My limit was originally $700 and increased to at least $1050.

Since they only report high credit, it's not like anyone but us is gonna know....

I was CLDed to $805 and later to $605. My limit was originally $700 and increased to at least $1050.

Since they only report high credit, it's not like anyone but us is gonna know....

Ah, the CLDs to $xx5, that's HSBC. For some strange reason when they CLD a GM on me they made it an even $100. I closed the account and won't go near HSBC again. They're good if you have credit issues but once you move up they don't seem to want you any longer.

Within a few days we will see a few for Macy's VISA account holders. Some significant changes are looming....primarily for VISA account holders with derogs, recent late payments on their Macys VISA account, or inactivity for long periods of time.

I'm hoping I've suffered the last of my Macy's CLDs. Unfortunately, they didn't tell me about the CLD, so I didn't know about it until I happened to check the EX backdoor.

I think it's already happening. I have noticed a pick up in my Google searches regarding Macy's CLDs.

I think it's already happening. I have noticed a pick up in my Google searches regarding Macy's CLDs.

Yes, the software was turned on last night, so the effects started today.

What's going on with that Marcus? This is news to me! Anything else you know of? I have a large Macys CL and a VISA with them.

What's going on with that Marcus? This is news to me! Anything else you know of? I have a large Macys CL and a VISA with them.

You might want to re read my earlier post on this thread. Marcus is watching the effects of this, and I am in the middle of it. I can answer most questions you ask, with some reservations.

If you have a Macys' VISA, you are at risk of a CLD if:

You have recent late payments on the Macys' VISA account

Your Exp FICO has dropped below the new threshold (can't tell you exactly what it is)

Your VISA account has been unused for many months. (can't tell you exactly how many months)

This does NOT apply to Macy's store accounts, only to the VISA side.