AMEX CLD... I was next! over 25K CLD !!

tozion

The last post in this topic was posted 5152 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

The prime version of Capital One treats you pretty well. Maybe not as many CLI as I'd like, but other than that, they've never taken any AA even when my util has been too high for my comfort. Wonder if most of the DSG cardholders would get shunted to near-prime/subprime part of CapOne :lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The prime version of Capital One treats you pretty well. Maybe not as many CLI as I'd like, but other than that, they've never taken any AA even when my util has been too high for my comfort. Wonder if most of the DSG cardholders would get shunted to near-prime/subprime part of CapOne :lol:

DSG?

Cap1's been pretty good to me on the biz side - not as good as chase, citi and BOA, but they don't cld or rj 'just because'. I got my personal cards when my credit wasn't as good and i couldn't get out of their subprime bucket so i closed them. As soon as my biz card was the only one left, they gave me a decent CLI - its still below my other CL but it works and i don't worry about it not working as long as i'm not maxed on it. i'll worry about my plat amex every time i use it for the next few weeks, even though i'm at or under my balances.

UPDATE: I get an E-Mail from AMEX today...

Bet they'll deny it - reason "recent CLD".

If they offer me a personal gold card with 20K bonus points and 1 yr no fee, I'm jumping on it - i borrowed 21K points and want to pay them back asap. :) I'm not expecting it though - i haven't had any offers above my accts for months.

I was wondering when they would get over to me. CLD from 35K to 8.6K (1K over my current balance). I have ALWAYS been a PIF customer. My yearly spend on the card last year was in excess of 50K, and has been 35K so far this year. The card will be shipped back in pieces to the corporate offices. At least I never got a full rectal from them...

Thankfully I have over 550K in backups :) So long AMEX..thanks for the 14K in free hotels in Europe this summer!!!

amexiu2.th.pngthpix.gif

amex2sj0.th.pngthpix.gif

Tozion - I looked at your letter and it's identical to the one they sent me except for the dollar amount. They cut my Blue from $20,000 to $3600.

I'm still subscribing to the EX FICO theory. I think if your EX FICO goes below prime (760) during Amex's monthly soft pull, you're automatically reviewed for a CLD.

And I really can't blame them:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/21/news/compa...sion=2008102119

Interesting. That article says what I've been saying. Amex has lost its credit facilities and is unable to continue making as many unsecured loans as in the past, so regardless of your credit, you are eligible for CLD.

Any bets on a merger candidate? BOA with some prompting from the Fed?

Nobody can buy AMEX that offer VISA/MC/DISCOVER unless they can have the rules changed

I thought they did away with all of the rules! :)

Yeah! What rules? Anyone notice any antitrust reviews during all of these bank mergers??

I just got the "preapproval/preselected' notice from Amex on Starwoods, Platinum, Gold, Blue Sky and Blue yesterday.

Hmmm...wonder if should take the bait? NOT! :)

Let's just hope other banks don't get near as aggressive as Amex has been with line decreases.

Yeah! What rules? Anyone notice any antitrust reviews during all of these bank mergers??

Seems to me that there will be two or three banks that have more than the old regulatory percentage maximum of total US deposits, too.

The rules were thrown out the window, AG.

Wonder what the landscape will look like in two years.

Seems to me that there will be two or three banks that have more than the old regulatory percentage maximum of total US deposits, too.

BOA, Chase, Citi, and Wells will be the only big national banks left, along with a few major regionals like BB&T and Suntrust. Maybe Discover should eat Amex. That would be 'ironic'.

Long Live CUs.

Lets hope some of the good banks make it (ie Nordstrom). A recent call to their CS told me that they are rewriting their APR structure when I asked about a lower rate (currently 8.90).

Edited by tozion

BOA, Chase, Citi, and Wells will be the only big national banks left, along with a few major regionals like BB&T and Suntrust. Maybe Discover should eat Amex. That would be 'ironic'.

Long Live CUs.

Yeah, wish one would give me a card. Their underwriting standards seem much stricter than major banks. Maybe that's why they can be so good to their current customers.

Toz...sorry to hear...They hit my Blue last week 16K to $1700 (583.00 balance) I paid off and closed...not worth the aggro...They have definitely gone over the edge, Im sure of it...I got my letter the other night..there were a whole host of reasons on there (none citing derogs or anything) mostly my payments were not high enough...(Last month I had a $15 min payment and paid $150.00) and this has been the case since I got the card ALWAYS pay 10 times more than I have to...Also some other bogus reasons including I used to much of my credit line..Lets see 500 bucks out of 16 grand? preposterous...all I can say is RRG!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 5152 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.