Amex got me last night

Dena

The last post in this topic was posted 5154 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to proactive, I suggest everyone who has an AMX to close it before getting CLD'd. And when they ask why are you closing, tell them you're a very good customer, and you're hearing that they now dislike their best customers.

I'd take it one step farther and close all Amex branded cards - even the ones issued by BOA and citi. there is no point in giving amex any of your money....

I could get a BofA AMEX but why give AMEX even $0.01 more than they deserve???

THEY DISSED ME...I didn't do anything wrong to deserve being DISSED

So you don't cut off your nose to spite your face when shopping at Costco, I guess (unless you prefer debit cards, that is).

But seriously, how many other places are AMEX only???

I think the closest one is more than 40 miles

If I don't drive less than 5 miles to SAMS...why drive more than 40 miles to COSTCO???

Well George you story sound more like AMEX was holding your love ones for ransom... 193k??? heh

WHY GIVE IT...THEN TAKE IT AWAY???

Never even 1 day late in 30+ years

What did I do to deserve the CLD???

PAY IN FULL FOR 100% OF THE PURCHASES WAS A GOOD REASON???

Dena...........So sorry to hear about your Amex fiasco ! I'm sure a bunch of us who haven't yet been "hosed" are somewhere down the list on the chopping block..........It appears to be inevitable, in their current mindset...........Best Regards, Tax :clapping:

Thanks Tax..no worries I paid the account off and am over it..Now if they hit my clear or Starwood I will probably have to reevaluate my now calm demeanor...we'll see...

Went to bed last night..Had a 16K limit on my 2 year old Blue card with a $582.00 balance (NEVER late or close to limit on any Amex cards)...Woke up this morning to a CLD to $1700...SO far they have not touched my Starwood or my Clear...The Blue is the one card I actually use monthly. The other 2 just have balance transfers sitting on them...go figure. I called and just closed it because I dont need another toy..I would rather see it closed. The rep seemed like he did not care in the least..Just said why are you closing, I told him this is how you treat your best customers? If Amex doesnt want me, I dont want or need them...I told him if they CLD my other cards those accounts will be closed also..Im just not dealing with the Amex paranoia anymore it has gotten REALLY old...He said this was happening to alot of customers...Soon Amex will have a lot less customers to jerk around...

AMEX is now Officially Subprime

:lol: © Seattle

I called and just closed it because I dont need another toy..I would rather see it closed. The rep seemed like he did not care in the least..Just said why are you closing, I told him this is how you treat your best customers? If Amex doesnt want me, I dont want or need them...I told him if they CLD my other cards those accounts will be closed also..Im just not dealing with the Amex paranoia anymore it has gotten REALLY old...He said this was happening to alot of customers...Soon Amex will have a lot less customers to jerk around...

Good for you! Vote with your feet and your wallet! That`s what I do. If someone doesn`t want my business, or gets me to feelin` that they don`t, I walk away and go to their competitor. It`s Amex`s

loss more than yours, because they are working on losing themselves a good customer(you). In the meantime, they are spending money to solicit folks like me(I just got a fancy-shmancy engraved invitation

to apply fo an Amex Gold card(with a $150(!) AF) Uhm, No, Thanks!

Those MF's got me too. This was one of my worst cards anyways, 1K down to $500.

I only used it at Costco anyways.

What a joke, should I close or keep open?

Still fighting Chase too....

In your case since you only lost $500, I would keep it open...I lost aLOT so decided it wasnt worth me keeping it..You can always ask for a CLI later on but I doubt they would have ever restored my limit so I figured why bother.

Those MF's got me too. This was one of my worst cards anyways, 1K down to $500.

I only used it at Costco anyways.

What a joke, should I close or keep open?

Still fighting Chase too....

In your case since you only lost $500, I would keep it open...I lost aLOT so decided it wasnt worth me keeping it..You can always ask for a CLI later on but I doubt they would have ever restored my limit so I figured why bother.

I closed mine because I was left with less than I spent per month (average) on 3 AMEX cards

The last post in this topic was posted 5154 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.