Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

"IF" BANKS GO OVERBOARD (CLD/FR/CLOSURE)

The last post in this topic was posted 4426 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I agree that any lending institution has the right to assess risk and that the models for that are constantly evolving along with environmental and personal indicators.

I also agree that it would be very upsetting if a company I did great business with all of a sudden punished me for no apparent reason.

I also agree that beating the topic into the ground is not especially helpful for anyone, and if I were GEORGE (which I'm not), I'd eventually get tired of being so angry about it, as it serves no purpose other than to make me angrier.

YEP...it is all my fault that I got a CLD

Last time I use a card for $250,000+ of business AND PAY IN FULL

The $250K usage was spread over several years - it averaged out to about $2-$3K a month. Over 3 cards it comes to $1K a month. Hardly enough for Amex to get excited about, especially since there is a possibility (remote, I know, but a sliver of possibility nevertheless) that you might decamp with $200K.

BLOW 30+ YEARS OF PERFECT CREDIT HISTORY TO THEFT $200,000 FROM AMEX???

:cry2::angry::)

I have WAY more than that much EQUITY in 1 of my 4 houses

But what do I know...I'm just an salamander

LOL, why not ask AMEX for a $200K secured card then? Your craving for high limits and their aversion for risk can both be satisfied in one shot.

ARE YOU THIS CONFUSED IN REAL LIFE???

I agree that any lending institution has the right to assess risk and that the models for that are constantly evolving along with environmental and personal indicators.

I also agree that it would be very upsetting if a company I did great business with all of a sudden punished me for no apparent reason.

I also agree that beating the topic into the ground is not especially helpful for anyone, and if I were GEORGE (which I'm not), I'd eventually get tired of being so angry about it, as it serves no purpose other than to make me angrier.

The $250K usage was spread over several years - it averaged out to about $2-$3K a month. Over 3 cards it comes to $1K a month. Hardly enough for Amex to get excited about, especially since there is a possibility (remote, I know, but a sliver of possibility nevertheless) that you might decamp with $200K.

:lol::angry::wacko:

Is your entire self-worth wrapped up in your credit status? ;)

:lol::angry::wacko:

Is your entire self-worth wrapped up in your credit status? ;)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

CREDIT STATUS vs WHAT???

How much cash I have in my pocket???

$1.61

Edited by GEORGE

I'm guessing he means self-worth as in "self-esteem" or self-valuation as a human being.

GEORGE, I believe you have a valid beef about what happened to you, but seriously? You can't see that your outburst postings seem a bit...disproportionate? A little unravelled at the seams? A bit heavy-handed and redundant?

Most everyone here has a sob story. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have a sob story which entails only our line of credit being diminished. Not stolen, mind you, but diminished. Many of us have lost property, savings, not to mention the trashing of credit- and yet, move forward, repair, work on the future.

Onward and upward, as they say.

I'm guessing he means self-worth as in "self-esteem" or self-valuation as a human being.

GEORGE, I believe you have a valid beef about what happened to you, but seriously? You can't see that your outburst postings seem a bit...disproportionate? A little unravelled at the seams? A bit heavy-handed and redundant?

Most everyone here has a sob story. Not all of us are fortunate enough to have a sob story which entails only our line of credit being diminished. Not stolen, mind you, but diminished. Many of us have lost property, savings, not to mention the trashing of credit- and yet, move forward, repair, work on the future.

Onward and upward, as they say.

So I should not tell my story when asked???

:o

Yep.

Who asked? You started the thread.

Yep.

Who asked? You started the thread.

LOL.

Good Lord. :(

Is it really necessary to start a petty argument over a reply you don't personally like instead of just ignoring it and moving on?

If you don't care for someone's reply- don't read it.

This childish game of tag needs to stop now.

Good Lord. :(

Is it really necessary to start a petty argument over a reply you don't personally like instead of just ignoring it and moving on?

If you don't care for someone's reply- don't read it.

This childish game of tag needs to stop now.

I put a select few on IGNORE...BUT it doesn't stop the ATTACKS of GEORGE

:o

...and when they have PAID $0.00 IN INTEREST and used the card(s) for many $10,000's or $100,000+ in purchases???

...well then, I guess its because their not making any money from you!!!. :lol:

MAKING NO MONEY FROM PURCHASES IS A MYTH

I don't understand why that MYTH keeps on being pushed all over town

George, they simply were not making enough money from you. Sure they were making some from the fees merchants pay when you made your purchases, but I guess that just wasn't good enough.

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason (that they will divulge) to what ccc do. It sucks, I am sure you hate it, but I guess that is just the way they are going to be.

Guest ristay

George... what happened to you imo was one rep made a mistake and no one cared to correct it. Until something like this happens to someone else they won't understand that it is personal. When you have done everything right for years and been a valued customer and treated as you were is NOT a good business decision. Someone should have corrected this error and made it right. So moving on... you are a huge asset to another company!!

It would be much better to have 20 $25,000 cards from 20 different issuers than to have $500,000 in limits from a single issuer. The total limits would be the same, but you could sleep at night, and the issuers would not have power over you.

It would be much better to have 20 $25,000 cards from 20 different issuers than to have $500,000 in limits from a single issuer. The total limits would be the same, but you could sleep at night, and the issuers would not have power over you.

BUT I do have other credit card with OTHER banks for more $100,000's

AMEX was not MOST of my total credit limits

AMEX was not even 1/2 of the total credit limits

THE INSULT WAS STILL THERE

Anybody that says there was no INSULT is a fool

20 x $25,000 is easier SAID than DONE for many banks

Edited by GEORGE

Diversity is the name of the game.

I used to take this personally. Then I realized it's just business. I can't be insulted.

I used to take this personally. Then I realized it's just business. I can't be insulted.

30+ years of perfect SHOULD speak for itself

But at least you finally recognized the voice of reason that so many tend to miss...too many people forget that emotion needs to be left out of business matters.

While boneheaded decisions will be made by all banks at some point in time, they are not intended as personal affronts...and this holds just as true with AXP decisions as it does with BofA/FIA continuing to hold me accountable for fraudulent accounts that I had no involvement with (lost a card this week for eight year old fraud still showing in their internal records). It pisses me off, but it is a business decision so it does me no good to get irrational about it.

What have you done for me lately? That's all card companies care about right now.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

I have a million of them.

What have you done for me lately? That's all card companies care about right now.

...AND SOME FOOLS SAY "CASH IS KING"

That doesn't help he either

Just because it's a business decision doesn't mean you shouldn't be insulted. If a company treated me the same way, I would be insulted and would let others know. Maybe not quite as often...but that's a different matter.

Insulted is an emotion. You must leave emotions out of business, they have no place there.

Unhappy with their choice? Fine. Don't do business with them anymore. Show them who is boss. But does it really need to be brought up over and over. Especially when it is just the same phrases being repeated (i.e. membership has its rewards, shoot now ask questions later, Amex stole $193,000). It just makes it seem like you want pity.

And go ahead and spew more repetitious phrases my way. I can take it.

Insulted is an emotion. You must leave emotions out of business, they have no place there.

Unhappy with their choice? Fine. Don't do business with them anymore. Show them who is boss. But does it really need to be brought up over and over. Especially when it is just the same phrases being repeated (i.e. membership has its rewards, shoot now ask questions later, Amex stole $193,000). It just makes it seem like you want pity.

BUH BYE

:wave:

Whenever people say things like "It's just business" they usually know they're arguing for the wrong side because they can't think of any real justification for the actions.

If I, in my capacity as a hired assassin, quietly erase your parents because I was hired to, will you be emotionless upon learning of their deaths due to business reasons?

The last post in this topic was posted 4426 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.