Sign in to follow this  
BBQ123

Store Refused Cash!

100% cash-free. I have absolutely no use for it. Every place I go takes my credit cards with no ID and no minimums. I can understand why they can't accept large bills though. At my store, we only give the cashiers change, $20 in singles, and $20 in 5's when we give them their drawers. (I am a store manager of Burger King)

Edited by DANIEL T.

Last Saturday the wife and I pulled up to a Dunken Donuts drive through , with a really long line of cars behind us , ordered 2 large ice coffee's and handed the girl a twenty , several min. later She handed me the coffee's and My twenty back , :) ? and said " have a nice day " . :o

Bob

Last Saturday the wife and I pulled up to a Dunken Donuts drive through , with a really long line of cars behind us , ordered 2 large ice coffee's and handed the girl a twenty , several min. later She handed me the coffee's and My twenty back , :rolleyes: ? and said " have a nice day " . :D

Bob

Maybe you were the 100th car of the day and won free coffee

:dntknw:

I don't understand why people still carry large bills around. The most I would carry on me would be $40.

I used to back in my road musician days. We would get paid in cash, frequently including hundreds.

Why wouldn't people carry around large bills??? They make a neater more compact stack (Tidiness is prime). Also, no one respects your street cred if you have a dress or skirt made of $20 bills. $100 bills are the only way to go when making clothing.

Why wouldn't people carry around large bills??? They make a neater more compact stack (Tidiness is prime). Also, no one respects your street cred if you have a dress or skirt made of $20 bills. $100 bills are the only way to go when making clothing.

also, snorting is easier with bills than a credit card... that's only good for cutting :lol:

Why would anyone be toting a $100 for a $2 cup of coffee that early in the morning?

Poker players just finishing up or starting a session?

+100 <_<

i can't believe how many people responed to this purple post. no offence but how does this help the purpose of our credit woes?

clearly the barista is just an employee who cares nothing about what it costs the company to process a credit card, earns an hourly wage and just wanted to move along. Why should he/she care anyway? It's not his company! And if I was working there i'd tell someone to go pound sand if they wanted me to give them all the change in my drawer in exchange for their stupid $100 bucks.

+100 :good:

i can't believe how many people responed to this purple post. no offence but how does this help the purpose of our credit woes?

clearly the barista is just an employee who cares nothing about what it costs the company to process a credit card, earns an hourly wage and just wanted to move along. Why should he/she care anyway? It's not his company! And if I was working there i'd tell someone to go pound sand if they wanted me to give them all the change in my drawer in exchange for their stupid $100 bucks.

clearly you don't realize that throwing around "purple" is offensive to some.... more than the foolishness of this thread ever could be. :huh::D

quote]

clearly you don't realize that throwing around "purple" is offensive to some.... more than the foolishness of this thread ever could be. :D:good:

+1

There are much better ways to express the sentiment that are not only less offensive, but clearer.

also, snorting is easier with bills than a credit card... that's only good for cutting :lol:

ahhhhh :rofl::rofl: ahahahahaha.... Thank you, now you owe me a new keyboard!

Edited by ClarkeCO

+100 :rofl:

Well, "purple" post or not, you just responded yourself. So, answer the question yourself. How did that "help the purpose of our credit woes"?

It's just one post out of about 70 zillion. If you don't like it, you have a scroll bar to go past it.

clearly the barista is just an employee who cares nothing about what it costs the company to process a credit card, earns an hourly wage and just wanted to move along. Why should he/she care anyway? It's not his company!

I think the overall point was the the way the company is set up, this is possible. A company would rather incur the credit card processing fee than make sure every cashier has the cash to break multiple hundreds at all times, in order to accomodate any number of customers who might want to pay for a two dollar item with a hundred dollar bill.

It's just the practical thing for the company to do, but it proves the point that just because you have some cash, you won't necessarily be able to use it. It's better to use your credit card. While both cash and credit cards have their places, this story shows that cash isn't always going to be an option you can default to.

And if I was working there i'd tell someone to go pound sand if they wanted me to give them all the change in my drawer in exchange for their stupid $100 bucks.

And guess what? You'd probably get fired. At least, if you approached it with that attitude. Websites about bad customers abound with these kinds of stories, and the cashier is just expected to make the best of it. If they've got the cash, they usually have to give it, and just deal, unless the store policy says otherwise, in which case, you just have to point to a sign and not tell anybody to "pound sand" to avoid having to do it.

Sorry, George, looks like you can never experiment with crack. How sad for you.

add it to my tab.... :D

omg... OC owes me a new monitor.... just saw her siggy....

I walk around with wads of cash. Sometimes when I am really bored, I pull a wad of cash out of my bra in the checkout line and slap unsuspecting credit card users across the back of their heads. I feel touched by an Angel, just thinking about it.

When I am feeling particularly domestic, I wash, dry and iron a load of $100 bills. I then put my trusty Singer to work. I make myself an outfit, so my fiance can take me to dinner when he gets home. He loves it when I do this. All of the chicks (and some of the men) turn green with envy when they see my snazzy cash outfits. Their envy makes me hot.

Cash is better than prime...It is Orgasmic....

clearly you don't realize that throwing around "purple" is offensive to some.... more than the foolishness of this thread ever could be. :rofl: :rofl:

+1

There are much better ways to express the sentiment that are not only less offensive, but clearer.

I'm not INSULTED...but what do I know I'm just an salamander

Sorry, George, looks like you can never experiment with crack. How sad for you.

PEPSI is my drug of choice

clearly you don't realize that throwing around "purple" is offensive to some.... more than the foolishness of this thread ever could be. :rofl: :rofl:

+1

I'm not INSULTED...but what do I know I'm just an salamander

if you're not insulted, then the comment wasn't directed at you........... but SOME people are

if you're not insulted, then the comment wasn't directed at you........... but SOME people are

Also, "offensive" and "insulting" aren't the same thing. Anybody being directly called "purple" would be insulted, but some of us find it offensive in general.

Also, "offensive" and "insulting" aren't the same thing. Anybody being directly called "purple" would be insulted, but some of us find it offensive in general.

I realize that... I picked up on that somewhere along my education journey...... :rolleyes:

George knew good and well what was directed at him and what wasn't. Glad to know he wasn't insulted, but I do find the term offensive.

Edited by Jen23514

:rolleyes:

Starbucks had coffee for $2?!?!

I was thinking the same thing...

unless the guy was buying a napkin or some such...

Pry, cocoa for $2. :lol: That's what I get.

Sounds like a good enough reason.

I don't think it was a refusal, they stated their reason for declining the transaction.

Why would anyone be toting a $100 for a $2 cup of coffee that early in the morning?

A LOT of stores around here have signs up sayign they do not take bills larger than a $20

This is nothing new.. depending on where you live.

Wouldn't you guess with an ailing economy .. counterfeiting would be on the rise?

I realize that... I picked up on that somewhere along my education journey...... :rolleyes:

George knew good and well what was directed at him and what wasn't. Glad to know he wasn't insulted, but I do find the term offensive.

Well, I figured you did, but I wanted to point out to everybody that George wrote "insult" when the original word was "offend" and that changes things somewhat.

Somebody here mentioned they had a SUB ORDER WORTH $47

They refused a $50 bill

They got to TRASH the order