Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

DELL business lease

The last post in this topic was posted 4327 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Wow, I'm brand new at building my business credit, and 2 weeks ago I applied for a DELL business card and got approved for a $2,500 lease and a $2,500 card. So I decided today I would go purchase my new DELL computers for the office, and my total in cart was over the limit, but I figured I'd checkout anyway and see if they'd bump up my lease.

To my pleasant surprise they did - to $15,000! Wow!!!! I'm so giddy right now I just don't know what to do. New computer, here I come!

DELL is my new best friend! :lol:

Congrats.

I had read somewhere on here that it's better to call in when applying for the dell biz accounts than filling out the online application.

Can anyone confirm that?

Congrats.

I had read somewhere on here that it's better to call in when applying for the dell biz accounts than filling out the online application.

Can anyone confirm that?

Don't really think it matters. I've gotten approvals and denials both ways. One of the latest things I've found is that a client was completing the app online and they now ask for your business chcking account information as part of the application.

Congrats.

Can anyone confirm that?

Don't really think it matters. I've gotten approvals and denials both ways. One of the latest things I've found is that a client was completing the app online and they now ask for your business chcking account information as part of the application.

Checking info. is not required to complete the app. I doubt they are verifying if it is not a required field. Probably to try and do auto payments or drain your account in the event of default. Possibly if a new account is borderline approval they may manually check the balance.

I completed my app online, I do believe I gave my banking information but I wasn't concerned about that, guess I didn't even think about it!!! I'm just super excited that I have my first real piece of business credit.

My employees desperately needed new computers, as we all need to finally make the switch to Vista -- so this is fantastic for us! Wish they were all this easy!

Finally received my 4 new desktops, 1 laptop and new server!!! Dell increased my lease to $20,000 (from $2,500 original online approval). They walked me through the ordering process, were GREAT, and all my computers get US support. The leasing terms were very easy - and best of all there was never a PG. So now have the DELL business lease, Dell business card (2,500), and just had my Dell personal card bumped from $2,000 to $3,500. Dell is going to own my unborn children before it's all over!

Finally received my 4 new desktops, 1 laptop and new server!!! Dell increased my lease to $20,000 (from $2,500 original online approval). They walked me through the ordering process, were GREAT, and all my computers get US support. The leasing terms were very easy - and best of all there was never a PG. So now have the DELL business lease, Dell business card (2,500), and just had my Dell personal card bumped from $2,000 to $3,500. Dell is going to own my unborn children before it's all over!

Before you give away your unborn child, make sure you check the buyout option figures and other things. I read some posts whey customers needed to buy out the equipment at the end of the lease it was outrageus.

Before you give away your unborn child, make sure you check the buyout option figures and other things. I read some posts whey customers needed to buy out the equipment at the end of the lease it was outrageus.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol::good:

they do have 2 lease types. One is $1 buyout- and the other is an option of 3 (either buy at fair market value, return equipment, or renew lease). Since computers are outdated so fast, I'm going with a 5 year lease on all our equipment, and at the end will just turn it back in and upgrade our computers. Seems like the best solution in our world.

they do have 2 lease types. One is $1 buyout- and the other is an option of 3 (either buy at fair market value, return equipment, or renew lease). Since computers are outdated so fast, I'm going with a 5 year lease on all our equipment, and at the end will just turn it back in and upgrade our computers. Seems like the best solution in our world.
Very little will last 5 years, hard drives won't, monitors may not, keyboards and mice, perhaps. Check and make sure you aren't going to be required to return component for component, all working.

The $1 buyout removes this issue, and shipping return costs, and you will still be left with working components that you can use as spare parts.

Meow! :rofl:

I purchased top of the line XPS desktops (4) and a Server, and an XPS laptop. They have a life of 4-6 years each. They have the latest and greatest, and I'm really hoping they last the whole 5 years. I did not ask though if it had to be part for part... but I do have a full 3 year, in office warranty, and US tech support.

Dell is known for approving orders, then asking for more information and verification after you already have the "cheaper" components en route.

I'd also advise you to take the on site guarantee-- its worth it.

Read your dell lease carefully. They screwed my on my lease. I paid on my lease for 3 years and then sent in my final payment. I called for a re-purchase quote and they said that they auto re-newed my lease for another 1 year. They said I needed to call in 3 months before or write that I wanted to end the lease and buy back the product. What a rip off.

The last post in this topic was posted 4327 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.