Sign in to follow this  
breeze

CC spreadsheet for Open Office

Hi, I tried the download from above and cannot determine which program this file works with. Is there specific software required? Thanks, new to the forum and trying to catch up.

Attached File(s)

CCCS2008.ods ( 30.88K ) Number of downloads

This seems handy. However, the formulas are not there to calculate. Am I doing something wrong?
You must be doing something wrong as everything is calcualated automatically.

This seems handy. However, the formulas are not there to calculate. Am I doing something wrong?

I just downloaded and opened it. I entered in a couple card with balances, but the figures did not calculate. Is there a setting I need to change?

I just downloaded and opened it. I entered in a couple card with balances, but the figures did not calculate. Is there a setting I need to change?

Sorry, I created the sheet in Excel, the OP of this thead converted for open office (with my OK), but I have no knowledge of open office. Maybe someone else here can lend a hand.

Make sure you have as many cells entered as possible in a row. This can be the reason it's no calculating.

Edited by nyrfann

Is it because I am using MS Excel? I tried to download the office above, but is not free.

DL the excel sheet, it's in the other thread in my siggy.

Edited by nyrfann

Is it because I am using MS Excel? I tried to download the office above, but is not free.

DL the excel sheet, it's in the other thread in my siggy.

Found it. Thank You very much. Very nice.

shouldn't the AAOA column be calculating based on the length of time between column P and Q (if ending date is specified), rather than between P and today?

I downloaded the MS version at work, but never got to playing with it too much. I just downloaded this and have entered all of my CC info. Awesome to say the least!

Hello - I'm new to the forum.

I'm filling out the spreadsheet. What does Preferred UT mean? Also, under Payment Options, is 1.5 the typical minimum payment?

I love having the interest fees and Credit Utilized figured out so easily. This spreadsheet is very helpful.

Thank you to those who created and shared it.

I've got a MacBook and i also have the latest version of OpenOffice. (Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3)

I can open the document now, but a notice pops up stating:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"This Document Contains Macros.

Macros may contain viruses.

Execution of macros is disabled due

to the current macro

security setting in Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Security.

Therefore, some functionality may not be available."

---------------------------------------------------------------

The only option at the bottom of that little notice is clicking "ok"

And from what I can tell the document looks to be fine, I havent tried entering any info into the

cells yet, but I am wondering if this spreadsheet will calculate and function properly if the 'Execution of Macros'

is disabled in the security settings.

I am tempted to enable them, but I certainly dont want to get a Virus.

Assuming the File/Document does not properly calculate any of the info properly once I enter them into the cells,

should I contact the developer directly to decide whether I should enable Macros.

Like I said, I am not trying to be overly cautious, I just dont want to get a virus if I change my security settings and open myself up to any

vulneabilities.

Does anyone have any advice, thoughts, or suggestions?

and if so, I do not know how it is not allowing me to open up your OpenOffice doc.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be extremely appreciated.

Edited by bankitbandit

I've got a MacBook and i also have the latest version of OpenOffice. (Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3)

I can open the document now, but a notice pops up stating:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"This Document Contains Macros.

Macros may contain viruses.

Execution of macros is disabled due

to the current macro

security setting in Tools - Options - OpenOffice - Security.

Therefore, some functionality may not be available."

---------------------------------------------------------------

The only option at the bottom of that little notice is clicking "ok"

And from what I can tell the document looks to be fine, I havent tried entering any info into the

cells yet, but I am wondering if this spreadsheet will calculate and function properly if the 'Execution of Macros'

is disabled in the security settings.

I am tempted to enable them, but I certainly dont want to get a Virus.

Assuming the File/Document does not properly calculate any of the info properly once I enter them into the cells,

should I contact the developer directly to decide whether I should enable Macros.

Like I said, I am not trying to be overly cautious, I just dont want to get a virus if I change my security settings and open myself up to any

vulneabilities.

Does anyone have any advice, thoughts, or suggestions?

and if so, I do not know how it is not allowing me to open up your OpenOffice doc.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be extremely appreciated.

Nevermind, it seems to work fine without having to change any security settings.

It seems to calculate without any trouble even though I have "Macros Disabled"

Thought about deleting my entire question all together since I seemed to have stumbled upon the answer by simply trying it out to see.

But I figured I'd leave it up so that it is here for reference in the event that anyone else experiences the same Alert and concern as I did.

Thanks again. This thing seems to be awesome!!!!

:)