Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

what does it mean when a CA and the OC disappears from CR's?

The last post in this topic was posted 4374 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I noticed on my reports, a couple tradelines that should be there are no longer there?

does it mean if the account was sold from CA to CA that it'll eventually show up again?

You are a victim of the credit report gnomes. Here is their plan:

1. Steal bad entries.

2. ?????

3. Profit!!!!!!

In all seriousness, though, it sounds odd that they would just disappear.

I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on this one too. Last week my LVNV tradeline disappeared from all three. Did the "happy dance"!!!

KEEP THAT COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth, they are gone, you have proof that they were deleted, if they are inserted send a copy of the report that shows they are not there.

And BTW, often while an account is being investigated it may get removed, but once verified it will be reinserted BUT they MUST INFORM YOU of the reinsertion BEFORE it gets put back on (which never happens).

Edited by gdtobefree

KEEP THAT COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth, they are gone, you have proof that they were deleted, if they are inserted send a copy of the report that shows they are not there.

And BTW, often while an account is being investigated it may get removed, but once verified it will be reinserted BUT they MUST INFORM YOU of the reinsertion BEFORE it gets put back on (which never happens).

they would investigate to "verify" even if i havent made any attempt to dispute anything? or is it just a regular routine of the CA's and OC's?

Assuming the debt didn't fall off due to time constraints, it means they sold it. Don't worry, it will show up again soon. When it does...DV.

If I had a collection mysteriously disappear off my CR, I would send a dispute to the CA the next day.

If a disputed debt is sold from one CA to another than it has to be disclosed, let the CA figure out the logistic when the next one tries to collect.

Or I think a Pryan says let them explain it to the judge.

if it's been deleted due to a consumer dispute, it can't be reineserted without the CRA providing you with proper notice

if it's deleted for any other reason, it can be reinserted at will

so a CA (or the CRA) can actually delete it today, put it back tomorrow, delete it again on Thursday, put it back Saturday, etc...

I had a well within SOL CA just disappear from all 3 of my credit reports.

Last week I got a dunning letter from the collection company that it was sold/transferred to. I sent them a DV the day after I received the letter.

I do not want that CA to appear back on my reports. If they can validate that the debt is mine, then I will do a PFD, although it would not technically be a delete since it's not currently reporting.

The debt is only $172, so it's affordable if I have to pay.

BTW, I never disputed the collection, so I am not sure why it was sold so soon.

Edited by purplecharm

The last post in this topic was posted 4374 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.