Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

BofA love!

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

You said that you were on a secured 99/500 Us airways card? How did you get that? I'm on a 1:1 Platinum Plus Secured card and I called the customer service number (the one on the back of the card) He said I would have to cancel my card and apply for the regular visa. I could get declined though, then I would have to reopen my secured account.

There must be a way to convert my secured card to a US Airways secured.

I was denied for a regular card at the time, but with the denial letter, they sent me the offer. B of A does have a secure card though. I dont know the exact link, but i always get offered it via their soft pull page.

https://preapproved.bankofamerica.com/cc/SelfInquiry.aspx

But i dont trust the numbers on the back of all cards to get CLI and such. They are fine to report it lost or find out balances. But not for getting CLI and wheeling and dealing. Try the number i gave above, its what they specialize in! You may get yours unsecured AND a higher limit!

I am also going to call the number listed above. What should I say when they ask me where I got the number from?

Yes the number has been around for awile. See the link in post #1. I wouldnt think they would be worried about how you got their number lol.

Oh yea, Hi Marcus!!! LOL

Edited by lupoman

I am also going to call the number listed above. What should I say when they ask me where I got the number from?

Yes the number has been around for awile. See the link in post #1. I wouldnt think they would be worried about how you got their number lol.

Oh yea, Hi Marcus!!! LOL

No one asked me where I got the number, my guess is that they don't care. They are customer service reps, thier role is to service the customer, but I don't think they have an intrest in how you get a number. No creditor has ever asked me that. good luck

The LUV button has taken me to excess of $50K. I have gotten 20% increases like clockwork.

You'll come to a screeching halt at $50,000. But enjoy the ride on the way to 50K.

Why do you say that? I've seen plenty of BofA lines well in excess of that.

Through consolidations, sure I agree they grow in excess of that. But the credit dept stops handing out increases once your at 50K. The luv button becomes luck of the draw, if it goes to the credit dept for review, they could take back what they've given you. Remember, there is still alot of MBNA's DNA inside of BofA.

But i dont trust the numbers on the back of all cards to get CLI and such. They are fine to report it lost or find out balances. But not for getting CLI and wheeling and dealing.

In the past, I have used the numbers on the back of the card. Once I got a CSR on the phone, I asked for an analyst. Your way is simply faster. It took me two steps to get to an analyst. With the number posted above, it takes just one step.

Thanks for the post, Lupo.

Edited by marcustx

But i dont trust the numbers on the back of all cards to get CLI and such. They are fine to report it lost or find out balances. But not for getting CLI and wheeling and dealing.

In the past, I have used the numbers on the back of the card. Once I got a CSR on the phone, I asked for an analyst. Your way is simply faster. It took me two steps to get to an analyst. With the number posted above, it takes just one step.

Thanks for the post, Lupo.

Similar to the old MBNA number. Reached an UW directly and a sure thing for a CLI...

Well I went from $4k to $10k in a year with 3 CLIs.

Last one was on 28 Oct and that got me to $10k. I felt greedy 2 weeks later to I hit the online button.

I knew better too. Letter is in the mail and I already know what it will say. Patience my friends.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.