Townes Settlement

The last post in this topic was posted 4590 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I just recieved this email. Do anyone notice something missing here???

ROBERT V. TOWNES, IV v. TRANS UNION, LLC AND TRUELINK, INC.

SETTLEMENT BENEFIT CODE NOTICE

A FEDERAL COURT AUTHORIZED THIS NOTICE. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FROM A LAWYER.

Robert V. Townes, IV v. Trans Union, LLC and Truelink, Inc. Case No. 04-1488 (USDC, District of Delaware)

PLEASE READ.

In connection with the Settlement of a Class Action lawsuit against Trans Union, LLC and Truelink, Inc., you submitted an Authentication Form. Based upon a review of our records, you are entitled to receive a Benefit Code good for three (3) free months of Trans Union Credit Monitoring. This Notice provides you with instructions on how to redeem your Settlement Benefit.

Your Benefit Code will be activated on August 6, 2008. You must use your Benefit Code no later than November 4, 2008. After your Benefit Code expires, you will no longer be entitled to obtain a Settlement Benefit.

Your Benefit Code is:

Go to www.truecredit.com/townes and follow the instructions to redeem your Benefit Code.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you retain your Benefit Code. You will not be able to redeem for your Settlement Benefit without this Benefit Code. Trans Union, LLC and Truelink, Inc. will not be able to replace lost Benefit Codes.

Please do not contact the Court regarding this Settlement.

Please do not reply to this message. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent in reply to this email.

No benefit code!!! :cry2: Blank, nothing! :huh::P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received the same email a few minutes ago.

It's blank on mine also.

ETA

At the top of the body of the email it has this:

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

I don't know if they are talking about the following body of the email or that an attachment that contains the code will follow that first email.

:cry2:

Edited by chi

Oh!!!DITTO!!! I just hopped on here knowing you all would have had the same experience. I think they are trying to get out of paying as much as they can by making us jump through 189 hoops and hang on hold for 455 hours to actually get the benefit code and 3 months. They are counting on people not screwing with it. Glitch my flowers.

Just wow.

Yep, same here. Just received the same email with a BLANK benefit code.

I found the original email titled "Notice of Proposed Settlement," which I received on 5/10/2007. In that email, there is a paragraph that says:

To see if you are a Class Member and to obtain a full Notice of the proposed Settlement, the required procedures, the Effective Date, the deadlines, your obligations, and your options, you must visit www.townessettlement.com. This email is only a brief summary of the full Notice that is posted on the website. You may also obtain the full Notice by calling the Settlement Administrator at 800-961-6428 or writing the Settlement Administrator at Robert V. Townes, IV v. TransUnion, LLC and TrueLink, Inc., c/o The Garden City Group, Inc., P.O. Box 9130, Dublin, OH 43017-4130.

If anybody is able to reach them, please let us know.

Yep, same here. Just received the same email with a BLANK benefit code.

I found the original email titled "Notice of Proposed Settlement," which I received on 5/10/2007. In that email, there is a paragraph that says:

To see if you are a Class Member and to obtain a full Notice of the proposed Settlement, the required procedures, the Effective Date, the deadlines, your obligations, and your options, you must visit www.townessettlement.com. This email is only a brief summary of the full Notice that is posted on the website. You may also obtain the full Notice by calling the Settlement Administrator at 800-961-6428 or writing the Settlement Administrator at Robert V. Townes, IV v. TransUnion, LLC and TrueLink, Inc., c/o The Garden City Group, Inc., P.O. Box 9130, Dublin, OH 43017-4130.

If anybody is able to reach them, please let us know.

Thanks!

Anybody with a prediction on how its going to end up if we've already been banned from true credit?

I received the email also, but I won't be able to use their service and receive my settlement unless they unban me for 3 months. I'm guessing TC will tell those who have been banned that we are SOL.

At the top of the body of the email it has this:

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

I don't know if they are talking about the following body of the email or that an attachment that contains the code will follow that first email.

:D

Hmm... have you tried clicking "Display images" or what have you in your email client? Just thinking, there's a small chance that the code might be embedded as a jpg or some such.

New member here. Found the site after searching to see if anyone experienced the same problem that I did. The answer is an obvious "yes." Here is what I did this morning, but haven't heard anything back yet:

I noticed the original email came from The Garden City Group - which is the firm handling the settlement. I went to their website and sent the following email to their "info@gardencitygroup.com" general enquiry address:

TEXT OF EMAIL:

-----------------------

Hello,

It is my understanding that Garden City Group is managing the distribution of settlement awards to the members of the class in the Townes Litigation. I am a confirmed member of the Plaintiff Class. Yesterday, August 6, 2008, I received an email notification that instructs the class member to follow a link to www.truecredit.com and to enter a "Benefit Code" when prompted. The benefit code is NOT included in the email and it is not possible to redeem the Settlement Benefit without the code.

You should also know that after a very cursory search of the internet, that it appears this incident is not isolated. Rather, several people have noted a similar problem - that is, blank Benefit Codes - in their emails from Garden City Group. Please resend the benefit award with actual benefit codes so that I, and all members of the class, can claim what they have been awarded by the Court.

If you are unable to assist in this matter, please direct me to a person or entity that can.

Regards,

Signed

------------------------

I'll try to remember to come back here and update when/if I receive a response.

I had the same email everyone had. The email links to http://www.truecredit.com/townes, but does not provide a benefit code to enter there.

I call the Townes Settlement Administrator number (800-961-6428) from initial email from a couple months back, and got the same number has been disconnected message they are giving to everyone.

I then checked www.townessettlement.com, and got This website is no longer available.

At this point I dug around a bit on truecredit's site, and ended up at their contact us link, which is https://www.truecredit.com/contact.jsp. The number listed is 800-493-2392.

I dialed this number, and opted for option 6. I was on hold for a few minutes, and was eventually greeted by Yani. I explained to her that I received the Townes Settlement Benefit Redemption email, which provided the link, but no benefits code. She asked me to hold.

15 minutes pass. Yani takes me off hold, and asks that I call the benefits administrator at 800-961-6428. I explain I already dialed that number prior to calling her, and it is disconnected. She asked to put me on hold again, and hung up.

I called Transunion back, again using option 6. After a few minutes, I was connected to James. Explained everything all over, both the problem with the email, and with the previous call center employee. He asked me to hold for a minute while he checked on the correct number.

25 minutes pass, and James returns. He was able to verify that 800-961-6428 is no longer a valid number, but does not have a valid one. He then tells me that I should login using the benefit code which was provided in the email. (Suspecting a language barrier here)

I told him that as we established that email does not have a benefits code in it, which is why I had called, and that I thought he had understood that prior to asking me to hold. He apologized, as he thought I was a different caller.

At this point, I asked for a manager. After holding for another 10 minutes or so, I was connected with Rilie, who is the shift supervisor.

I explained everything that had happened up to this point. She apologized, and told me that they'd have to refer this to their US call center for additional research, and that I should call back in 24 hours.

Series of questions and answers with Riley follow:

Q: What number should I call back?

A: 800-493-2392.

Q: Is that was the US call center's number?

A: They don't have a direct number.

Q: They are a call center, but don't have a direct number?

A: Correct

Q: I don't understand, how can they be a call center without a number?

A: Our call center calls them, but they don't have an outside line.

Q: If you're not the US call center, which call center are you?

A: The primary call center.

Q: This issue is being refered to the US call center?

A: Correct

Q: Can you transfer me to them?

A: We are unable to transfer external call outside of our physical location.

Q: Unable, or unwilling?

A: We don't have that capability.

Q: Can you conference me in with them?

A: We don't have that capability either.

Q: Can they call me back?

A: No

Q: So I am to call back the primary call center tomorrow, and they'll be able to help me at that point?

A: Yes

Q: Is there a reference number for this call?

A: A reference number?

Q: Case number, ticket number, some sort of record of this call, so when I call tomorrow the person I speak with will know what's happened so far?

A: We don't have those, but I'll make a note in your file. If they have any questions, just refer them to to me.

At this point I am going to call them back tomorrow, if I haven't received a working Benefit Code prior to that. I will post a follow-up then.

Not having the warm and fuzzies on this. Good luck to everyone else on this.

If anyone else also wants to call, I bet they will fix it sooner. Hopefully before our yet undelivered benefit codes expire.

I got the same email today with missing benefit code so cannot take action to redeem! Worse yet, there is a message "do not respond to this email" (!!***x#)

i wonder hwo many million people got the same treatment. Where does one go to resolve?

I also received the second email...mine had a number to call if any questions. I'm at work right now, but if anybody wants to give it a try, please do.

In connection with the Settlement of a Class Action lawsuit against Trans Union, LLC and Truelink, Inc., you submitted an Authentication Form. Based upon a review of our records, you are entitled to receive a Benefit Code good for three (3) free months of Trans Union Credit Monitoring. This Notice provides you with instructions on how to redeem your Settlement Benefit.

Your Benefit Code will be activated on August 6, 2008. You must use your Benefit Code no later than November 4, 2008. After your Benefit Code expires, you will no longer be entitled to obtain a Settlement Benefit.

Your Benefit Code is:

Go to www.truecredit.com/townes and follow the instructions to redeem your Benefit Code.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you retain your Benefit Code. You will not be able to redeem for your Settlement Benefit without this Benefit Code. Trans Union, LLC and Truelink, Inc. will not be able to replace lost Benefit Codes.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 888-404-8013.

Please do not contact the Court regarding this Settlement.

Please do not reply to this message. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent in reply to this email.

The last post in this topic was posted 4590 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.