Sign in to follow this  
Gingerly

I have questions about Navy FCU

OK, so I want to open an account at Navy FCU. The products I want are a savings account, a Roth IRA certificate, and a credit card.

Questions:

1. They're going to pull EQ, right? When?

2. In which order should I request the products?

3. Which credit card do you think I should get and why?

4. My EQ score is 707, will be even better when August numbers report, what do you think that'll get me?

And if anyone would care to post a screenshot of how their account looks online, that would be splendid. I didn't see a link for a demo on their website.

Thanks! :D

LOL, you can probably get the tri-fecta. That's what I'm getting with a 643 on EQ. What are you wondering about their online services? I wasn't really sure what you meant by what our accounts look like?

OK, so I want to open an account at Navy FCU. The products I want are a savings account, a Roth IRA certificate, and a credit card.

Questions:

If they didnt do a soft for membership, then they used the eq pull from membership for my first card. I applied for both the same night.

Any order, doesnt matter.

I think most would recommend the trifecta.

4. My EQ score is 707, will be even better when August numbers report, what do you think that'll get me?

IMO 707 will be good enough.

And if anyone would care to post a screenshot of how their account looks online, that would be splendid. I didn't see a link for a demo on their website.

Im not going to do that, sorry, but goodluck OP.

Thanks! :D

At least this poster has been a member for awhile so its not as bad as influx of newbs that wanna join NFCU and trying to find 6 degrees of membership eligibility. Those NFCU threads are nonstop. <_<

I remember back when I started reading CB last year, if you were a newb, you started out with a modest hooters or macys, target, etc. and earned your way to the high limits. But now everybody wants "microwave" instant 5 digit credit lines, so they beating the NFCU horse to death. How lazy have we become as a society?

Edited by TheChosenOne

At least this poster has been a member for awhile so its not as bad as influx of newbs that wanna join NFCU and trying to find 6 degrees of membership eligibility. Those NFCU threads are nonstop. B)

I remember back when I started reading CB last year, if you were a newb, you started out with a modest hooters or macys, target, etc. and earned your way to the high limits. But now everybody wants "microwave" instant 5 digit credit lines, so they beating the NFCU horse to death. How lazy have we become as a society?

If you don't have the scores, NFCU won't help. God forbid I want to be in a credit union and really get my credit straight so I can take advantage of their great mortgages.

Questions:

If they didnt do a soft for membership, then they used the eq pull from membership for my first card. I applied for both the same night.

Any order, doesnt matter.

I think most would recommend the trifecta.

IMO 707 will be good enough.

Im not going to do that, sorry, but goodluck OP.

Thanks! B)

At least this poster has been a member for awhile so its not as bad as influx of newbs that wanna join NFCU and trying to find 6 degrees of membership eligibility. Those NFCU threads are nonstop. B)

I already had $200K+ when I joined CB... :angel:

Then again I have been working on my credit for the last 5 years, only recently has my credit exponentially grown.

Actually, I've been wanting to join Navy FCU for years but never could until recently when they finally let the Air Force get in on it.

They must have opened up their membership even more, I have noticed the floodgates wide open rush here on the boards lol.

Chosen One, I have a lot of good cards already (and I've always been partial to credit unions rather than banks) so I really don't need anymore cards, I haven't applied for one in years. Mostly I just wanted to join since I finally can and since I've been looking for a good Roth IRA certificate, their EasyStart one where you can add money anytime you want really caught my eye. But I figured as long as they're pulling a hard, might as well get another Visa out of it. B)

My EQ score is kinda crappy because I've got my balances on just a couple of my lower limit cards so the utilization on those is too high, but I don't care because I took advantage of some good life-of-the-balance BT deals.

Daniel, I just wanted to see a screenshot of what it looks like when you're logged in, and I found one here.

I saw on their site there are actually a couple of their brick and mortar branches near where I live, but I'll probably still apply online because I'm too lazy to drive over there. B)

I have the nrewards card and the Plat card

Navy gives CLIs without additional hard pulls....

decent BT deals ( new one starting Monday)

Oh yeah, what was your other questions?

At least this poster has been a member for awhile so its not as bad as influx of newbs that wanna join NFCU and trying to find 6 degrees of membership eligibility. Those NFCU threads are nonstop. :clapping:

If you don't have the scores, NFCU won't help. God forbid I want to be in a credit union and really get my credit straight so I can take advantage of their great mortgages.

I wasnt talking about you or anybody inparticular. I was just saying there are other cards out there. No need to focus on one CU. Seems lately its NFCU or nothing.

If you need help getting cards with low scores, theres a ton of help here. Most of us have been there and can help. I know if you start a new thread asking, people can help you with advice. I can help you. But if you want instant 5 digit CL because you think thats the fast road to high credit scores, then I guess some people have to live and learn...

With your scores, I would guess you have a derog or two. I would probably work on fixing that first and get a good secured card to age while youre working on it. This is just my advice. Feel free to do as you please. Sometimes, theres no easy shortcut. My comment wasn't directed at any one person, but rather a trend I have noticed with all the NFCU threads.

I have the nrewards card and the Plat card

Navy gives CLIs without additional hard pulls....

decent BT deals ( new one starting Monday)

Oh yeah, what was your other questions?

Thank you Tee, especially the part about no hard CLIs. :clapping:

TheChosenOne pretty much answered my questions, but I do like getting more helpful tidbits like yours.

They must have opened up their membership even more, I have noticed the floodgates wide open rush here on the boards lol.

lol ya think? Everytime I check the boards im like :clapping:NFCU again? :good: time for me to take a break from cb probably, I feel like im having dejavu everyday.

lol ya think? Everytime I check the boards im like :good:NFCU again? :lol: time for me to take a break from cb probably, I feel like im having dejavu everyday.

LOL the same thing happened a few years ago with PenFed and Patelco.

But I have to admit, although the endless new threads on the same CU can be annoying, I have found it is usually to my advantage to jump on the bandwagon. ;)

Back then, I thought Patelco had something to do with India...turns out it stands for PAcific TELeCOm. :clapping:

I never did jump on that bandwagon though.

If you need help getting cards with low scores, theres a ton of help here. Most of us have been there and can help. I know if you start a new thread asking, people can help you with advice. I can help you.

How low is low? I keep seeing the same ones over and over, and I've been declined for quite a few.

But if you want instant 5 digit CL because you think thats the fast road to high credit scores, then I guess some people have to live and learn...

Oh, HECK no. I have one secured for $500 and will get an unsecured OB for $250 this month. I can't afford anything else, so why bother? I don't even like the thought of credit anything. I'm thrilled about NFCU because they have such great mortgage rates and help.

With your scores, I would guess you have a derog or two.

Almost all of them are student loans, and I'm taking the nine month route. So it's just cleaning up the last of the baddies; after that, nothign but time will get me over this. I could do the loans in three and then file for an economic hardship, but then the loans would be listed as defaulted. With the nine month program, they come out of default. I figure a year is worth it for student loans in good standing.

If you need help getting cards with low scores, theres a ton of help here. Most of us have been there and can help. I know if you start a new thread asking, people can help you with advice. I can help you.

How low is low? I keep seeing the same ones over and over, and I've been declined for quite a few.

But if you want instant 5 digit CL because you think thats the fast road to high credit scores, then I guess some people have to live and learn...

Oh, HECK no. I have one secured for $500 and will get an unsecured OB for $250 this month. I can't afford anything else, so why bother? I don't even like the thought of credit anything. I'm thrilled about NFCU because they have such great mortgage rates and help.

With your scores, I would guess you have a derog or two.

Almost all of them are student loans, and I'm taking the nine month route. So it's just cleaning up the last of the baddies; after that, nothign but time will get me over this. I could do the loans in three and then file for an economic hardship, but then the loans would be listed as defaulted. With the nine month program, they come out of default. I figure a year is worth it for student loans in good standing.

which secured card do you have? Any other cards?

I had SL derogs and rehabbed it too. Stryker was a tremendous help in the student loan forums. When you graduate from rehab he or i can help with advice on how i got all of my SL TL off or changed to good. Once I got those SL TL rehabbed, my score jumped into prime territory. If your SL rehabs in 9 months, you could easily set up a 9 month plan to excellent scores and high limits IMO.

ETA: you could start up a new thread, since this is kinda getting off-topic, or you can PM me with questions if you want.

Edited by TheChosenOne