Comcast says debt is too old to recall from CA

The last post in this topic was posted 4651 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

No I contacted the OC first and the OC informed me that the debt is too old to recall and I have to go through the CA to pay. The woman in the Executive Ofc. that I talked to didn't even know what CA it is cause she said they have no info on it since it's already charged off and the only way to get info is to send it to the Research Dept., who charges $50 an hour and blahhhhhhhh. All they know is the dollar amount.

So basically she told me to go through the CA.

No I contacted the OC first and the OC informed me that the debt is too old to recall and I have to go through the CA to pay. The woman in the Executive Ofc. that I talked to didn't even know what CA it is cause she said they have no info on it since it's already charged off and the only way to get info is to send it to the Research Dept., who charges $50 an hour and blahhhhhhhh. All they know is the dollar amount.

that would suck for them to have to pay 50 an hour *LOL* I certainly wouldn't pay it...

IS the OC reporting at all?

I would send an unknown debt type letter to the CA...

that would suck for them to have to pay 50 an hour *LOL* I certainly wouldn't pay it...

IS the OC reporting at all?

I would send an unknown debt type letter to the CA...

They wanted ME to pay the $50/hour...pleeeeeease!

Nope, the OC isn't reporting it.

What happens if you pay the OC?

In this instance, I have no idea! They don't even know who the CA is, what the charge is for (just know it's a bill), they have no details so they probably don't even know the acct. no.

Dear CA SCUMBAGS,

Please be advised that I do not recognize the debt which your agency is trying to collect.

In an effort to ascertain the origin of the alleged debt I contacted the original creditor, CRAPPY OC NAME, thru their executive offices and was informed that due to the age of the account any such record has long been archived. Furthermore, that to have them dig thru their record they charge $50 per hour for this service.

Your agency is hereby provide validation of the account pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act within 30 days or I will assume the debt is invalid. Please be further advised that the act of proving a debt's legitimacy is explicitly outlined in section WHATEVER of the FDCPA. Its not my problem to try and disprove your agency so don't even think about trying to turn it around and place the burden on me.

Should your agency refuse to remove the debt from my credit reports or provide validation of the debt after 30 days from the reciept of this letter I will be happy to take further appropriate action to have your agency removed from my credit reports, up to and including legal action against your agency.

Love,

Dixie.

Thanks dixie. After reading that they fold easily in this thread and others, I sent off a DV this morning. I plan to do a 1-2 punch on this one.

Bingo... and if you hit a roadblock, then we can figure out a way to get pat the exec office.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the green card back so I want to do a Jack Attack. The CR's show the account as Insight Communications. Would this be a good chance to dispute it with a Jack Attack saying that the OC is incorrect, since Insight Communications sold it all to Comcast?

I had a cable collection with them too. I offered a PFD in exchange for deletion and said if they didn't accept I wanted full validation. My amount owed was like $350.

They deleted, never sent the paperwork to me for payment so I got a free deletion. I think a few of people on the forum have been successful with this tactic with CPA.

I wouldn't tell them the details of the OC sale...

Well I wasn't going to actually say that Insight sold it to Comcast. I was just wondering if I could use something along the lines of the creditor information being incorrect, please remove....since Insight sold it to Comcast.

I had a cable collection with them too. I offered a PFD in exchange for deletion and said if they didn't accept I wanted full validation. My amount owed was like $350.

They deleted, never sent the paperwork to me for payment so I got a free deletion. I think a few of people on the forum have been successful with this tactic with CPA.

So they deleted off of one letter? Did you send anything to the CRA's? How long before the deletion?

So they deleted off of one letter? Did you send anything to the CRA's? How long before the deletion?

I originally disputed with the CRAs but CPA verified on EX and deleted off TU and EQ. I mailed the letter and about 2-3 weeks later poof the CA was gone.

Here's my PFD thread, includes a copy of the letter I used...

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=268079

I had success with CPA removing an Insight cable account in one dv. I contacted insight and was told they had purged the record from the system due to age and would have to deal with the collector. I sent a letter to CPA stating per my conversation with such and such on such and such date, insight had no record of an account in my name. I requested original contract, pmt history, the whole shabang. They removed completely.

The last post in this topic was posted 4651 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.