Sign in to follow this  
FiXie

Do I have a shot at AMEX? Or should I keep waiting?

EX is at 696.

Now that one of my crap1 COs mysteriously disappeared, I am left with these baddies on EX:

1 paid crap1 CO 4 years old

1 5 year old paid med CA

Couple old mortgage lates on old mortgage.

2 inqs betwee 6-12 months old

14 inqs between 12-24 months old

AU on DH's Amex. It shows on CRAs with high util, but I JUST paid it online down to about 20% util.

I have a high bal on Penfed (around 60%), Nordys (about 40%), and citi (about 60%)

Still have lots of avail credit on other cards and home equity. All avail credit for home equity and credit cards is around 65%

And, since the card I am an AU on has a 20 year history thanks to backdating, will I automatically gain the 20 year history on my new card IF I am approved?

I don't know if I should apply now, since Amex is already showing the payment, OR if I should wait till my CR updates with the lower Amex balance (which takes forever bc Amex is soooooo clow to report)

I hate to waste an EX inq if I don't have a shot.

Highest CL on CCs is 12K

I would wait.

why do you want Amex instead of a card with better terms and rewards?

I want to gain the history, if possible since the AU is supposedly going away.

I'm also a costco member.

Plus, I'd like to add a nice big CL. Penfed is my only CL in 5 digits.

Status, maybe? I've never had one.

I would wait as well. Those baddies make it borderline, coupled with your utilization at 65% that might be the deal breaker.

Get that utilization down then give it a whirl.

I would wait as well. Those baddies make it borderline, coupled with your utilization at 65% that might be the deal breaker.

65% is my available credit, since my HELOC seems to report as revolving according to myfico.

But you're right I should probably wait until i get at least the amex reporting updated.

Did you try the Amex pre-approval page?

I did, but nothing. I thought I read tho if you are a cardholder, it doesn't work????

65% is my available credit, since my HELOC seems to report as revolving according to myfico.

But you're right I should probably wait until i get at least the amex reporting updated.

Did you try the Amex pre-approval page?

I did, but nothing. I thought I read tho if you are a cardholder, it doesn't work????

It works for cardholders, not sure how it applies to AUs though. It actually told me I had no special offers, but I ended up applying anyway for the Delta and I was approved right away. I had an Amex years ago, don't know if that helped any.