Credit Repair is not a Video Game

Ok I know I'm gonna age myself here, but what the heck is Tempest?? Was it even on a gaming console?

I remember seeing it once as a cocktail version, but generally it was found as an upright (and was also easier to play as an upright)...same holds true for BattleZone (the cabinet I have at the house was what they called the mini cabinent since it is upright but without the built-in sights).

ETA: as to WHAT is it... http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10065

ooohhh, I see...it's an arcade game...I thought it was on a console like maybe an Atari or Sega Genesis, bc I know it wasn't on Nintendo or anything more recent :lol:

*sigh*

It is what SOME of us consider to be a video game

SOME of us cut our teeth on those things...as opposed to bruising the crap out of our hands on Atari Football.

lol...I've never even played Atari, I just remember the "big" kids playing it when I was in daycare :lol:

Atari actually used to make MANY of the upright games...I knew them more for the uprights than for the 2600.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least one of the big four CRAs has started implementing AI-assisted scanners. good luck with your crayons!!!   moreover (quoting @hegemony)   the front-line humanoids that MIGHT

Hege - this a keeper!

Great post. Let's not assume that the type of CB'er this is directed at fits a specific age range... I'm 22 and have done more reading on these boards in two months than most people read in a year!

• 5 months later...

As for scanners at the CRAs... the technology is getting shockingly good... our scanner at work coupled with our document management software can read handwritten text pretty reliably and it cost less than $20,000 for the complete setup.

I use ledger pads (accounting ledgers... sort of) for note pads since we had cases and cases of them left at the office, and the scanner often struggles reading my handwriting on it. It might be worth looking into for those that want to try and beat the scanners (if its possible to do so).

_

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Crayola Games:

Disputes to the four major CRAs need to be professional and courteous if you want results. The optical scanners the CRAs use can read almost anything. Writing your dispute in purple crayon on yellow paper does not help your cause. If you think Crayola games help...why not write the dispute in pig Latin?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

also people, when things seem like there is nothing happining, take a cr break for a week or three then start attacking again,

sage advice

Sometimes that is needed in all aspects of life. If you get burned out you are more likely to make a mistake.

:)

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great post! Quick question if you dispute an account and it comes back as "we will not re-investigate unless you send us new info"? How do you then dispute with another letter if you don't have new info?

I suggest starting a new thread on your issue. But, in general, I would start with a CFPB complaint against the CRA in question.

• Admin

Thanks hegemony I enjoy reading your posts. I rather not create a clutter for simple question. When you get a generic letter saying we will not re-investigate unless you send us new info? What is next step, did they really verify with creditor. I'm stuck on this?

The original post that started this thread is almost 10 years old. There is likely more pertinent available when you start your own thread about your specific question. That creates far less clutter than someone bumping a 10-year-old thread.

If you try that I'm sure folks here will be glad to help you.

Thanks hegemony I enjoy reading your posts. I rather not create a clutter for simple question. When you get a generic letter saying we will not re-investigate unless you send us new info? What is next step, did they really verify with creditor. I'm stuck on this?

The original post that started this thread is almost 10 years old. There is likely more pertinent available when you start your own thread about your specific question. That creates far less clutter than someone bumping a 10-year-old thread.

my apologies. I did not realize the ideas in the first post are outdated and unsupported.

• Admin

my apologies. I did not realize the ideas in the first post are outdated and unsupported.

Apoligies not needed, Just trying to get the newbie to start his own post. Which he finally did.

• 1 year later...