Sign in to follow this  
Omari

Citi Platinum Select CLI

Was I stupid here, or what? Is there anything that I can do?

I called up Citi and asked them how much of an increase I could get without getting a hard pull on my credit report. The rep said that he didn't know and that he'd have to put in a request, then see what came back. So I said, "OK, as long as there isn't a hard pull on my credit report" He said fine. He also asked for my household income, and for my bank account information.

I called back in an hour, like he requested, and was told I got a measly increase of $1000 to bring my line to a total of $5000.00. I was so annoyed that the request was so small, but then that annoyance was made even worse when the rep told me that a hard pull was made on my credit report. I WAS FURIOUS! Didn't I specifically ask that a hard pull not be made? And that I'd like to know the max I can get without making a hard pull?

My credit scores: TU 734, EX 742 (737 now, since they did a hard pull), and EQ 724.

HHI: 80K.

Bank account balance: $31K

Age of credit card: 3 years.

Now, credit pull aside, how could I have such a mediocre increase, given my "stats"?

And as for the credit pull is there anything I can do about it? Can I blast these people for misleading me? Do I have any course of action, or did I just F' myself?

My understanding is that this inquiry will impact my score for the next 2 years? Bah, I worked hard to get my score up, bah...

CITI always does a hard pull with any CLI. You were misled. I'd call and ask to speak with a supervisor or write them to complain.

No actually they dont, they are able to give guideline increases as well if the system is showing one is available.

When you request online, if you get the form, that is a hard pull.

If you request over the phone the analyst can tell you if there is anything waiting.

Sounds like the OP got a bunk analyst.

Citi is conservative with new accounts. A credit history of three years is considered short.

Regarding the hard pull, any request for a CLI that isn't auto will result in a hard pull regardless pf what you are told on the phone. They can pull a hard even if you don't give them "permission".

Citi is conservative with new accounts. A credit history of three years is considered short.

Regarding the hard pull, any request for a CLI that isn't auto will result in a hard pull regardless pf what you are told on the phone. They can pull a hard even if you don't give them "permission".

That's correct. The analyst should be able to tell you if anything is waiting. If there is no auto/guideline then they will pull a hard.

It's best to check the luv button on the site. If it's not showing a dollar amount available to you then your CLI will require a hard.

Thought I'd also add that it won't hurt your score for two years. Six months and you probably won't feel it anymore and one year and it's like it never happened. Unfortunately it on EX and there's no way to make it go B*ye for 25 months. Give it a shot a see if they'll reconsider the pull, maybe recode it for you to a soft as a goodwill because of the misinformation you were given.

With Citi, I have learned to request CLI ONLY by secured mail. I always state for a hard pull not to be pulled. They usually do anyway, and it takes an email to a corporate contact to get it removed.