has anybody tried this

The last post in this topic was posted 4866 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

ok. So i just spent an hour looking for the thread i was looking for to ask this question.

so here we go.

I have a few CAs that are not licensed or bonded in the state is reside.

has anybody tried to get accounts off their credit report by writing a ca that is not legally allowed to collect in their state using the tools alot of you use for obsolete letters...

from whychat.......

US Districtic court case of Sullivan v. Equifax, Inc. et al., from 2002, you'll see that the Federal Court found that anyone reporting a debt to a credit reporting agency is a communication covered by the FDCPA, specifically in §1692e(8).

looking for anybody with experience in this. OR is there a different way to dispute CAs that are not legal

thanks

State law governs license requirements. NY says they don't have to be licensed. Bummer. My state says they do. Yay!

Now for someone to take another stab at the original question. :lol:

My dilemma is that my reporting CA is from another state.

Edited by gretta1

I live in Fl and I had a CA from NC trying to collect on my credit reports. I wrote them a letter that they were not licensed to collect the debt and they ingnored it. I then wrote FL's license board, they wrote to the CA and all of a sudden I got a letter from the CA that they were deleting.

I live in Fl and I had a CA from NC trying to collect on my credit reports. I wrote them a letter that they were not licensed to collect the debt and they ingnored it. I then wrote FL's license board, they wrote to the CA and all of a sudden I got a letter from the CA that they were deleting.

Now that's what I want to hear!

I have informed this CA that they are not allowed to report in my state (hoping I am right :D ). So far nothing.

i think thats what i was trying to hear as well.

i was getting ready to send asset angry dv number 2 and mention that they arent licensed or bonded in my state, which requires both.

but nw i think ill skip letter number two and go straight to the AG's

i sent a letter to all three cras with a copy from the licensing board website that clearly shows they cannot collect in my state, 2 updated with no status or na inserted in the tl, the third was deleted, im putting together my plan of attack right now on the other two for deletion. imo i wouldnt go after the ca right away, this gives them the opprotunity to sell or transfer the tl before you can get a deletion, just my 2 cents.

The last post in this topic was posted 4866 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.