Sign in to follow this  
dixiedrifter

FAQ regarding judgments

I have not made any payments on any of my CC since May 08, I was told if no activity in 4 years they would drop off or i would be able to remove them, is this true? Also 1 of the cc companys a Credit union got a judjement against and started takeing 25% of my pay.. what are my options if any? BTW I live in Fl and have kept my house and car payment up Im looking to clean up & rebuild but many of my unpaid cc have been sold & sold any advice will be greatly appreciated and used diligently..

Sorry about the length of this question..... I think I may have already messed up because I offered a lesser amount for settlement of the judgment, but here's the story. I resently found a judgment on my CR dated back to 9/2010. The lawyer working for Northstar Captal Acqusion got the default judgment in New Mexico, I now live in Washington state. I moved to Washington in 01/2008. The register of actions states that the summons was served to J.Tiffany (freind) 2/19/10. I lived in NM for 7 months, I had no friends there. The address on my drivers lic was not the address I lived at for the last 6 months I lived there. There is no way he could have known my correct address, right? The first month we lived in a studio apt and the we lived into Airforce leased housing, so he could'nt have got on the property without going thru seciurty first. So after I found the judgment on my CR I sent a fax to the lawyer asking for which creditor it was for. He replyed back with a fax, and I found it was a unpaid debt of mine. I then sent another fax offering a lesser amount for settlement. Of course I havent gotten a reply. The judgment was for $1313.46, now he says I owe $1505. I offered 750.00 Do I just go ahead and pay the full amount even tho I know he got the judgment with a lie saying I was served when I was not. Is there anything I can do? I was thinking it would cost more than $1500 to hire a lawyer to fight this. I'm trying to clean up my CR to we can buy a house. Thanks in advance for your help:)

Do you have copies of the affidavit of service? What they did is perjury. It woul be better if you started your own thread. It's very confusing to have people ask for individual advice in an FAQ thread. :)

Is it possible to have a satisfied judgment removed from my credit report?

Did not see an answer to the OPs question. I had a judgment that was satified through Chap 13 BK. BK was successful and discharged in 2016. The judgment shows up on my CRs. What action do I need to take to get that judgment off off my CRs? (I am in Virginia)

Is it possible to have a satisfied judgment removed from my credit report?

Did not see an answer to the OPs question. I had a judgment that was satified through Chap 13 BK. BK was successful and discharged in 2016. The judgment shows up on my CRs. What action do I need to take to get that judgment off off my CRs? (I am in Virginia)

It's possible to get anything removed from your report if you can find a way to dispute it and you're lucky. People have gotten all kinds of things removed. However, with a bk on your report, the judgment is not affecting your score or your ability to get credit. Your bk is the thing affecting your scores and ability to get credit.

Virginia is a tough state for getting this kind of item removed, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Read about any successful dispute of public records, compare those details with your details, and try to formulate your own plan. Public records are permanent, so even if you get it removed from your report, anyone who checks for public records will find it. Removing it from your report doesn't eliminate the actual public record.